OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest that you respond to support requests in less than 48 hours.

I suggest that you respond to support requests in less than 48 hours. Still waiting for a reply.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Version 15.38 (170822) - get rid of the blue "selected" box around the icons in lower left corner.

Version 15.38 (170822) - get rid of the blue "selected" box around the icons in lower left corner. The highlighted icon color change is sufficient.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add 'Search' to the the Touchbar options, that focusses the keyboard to the search text box

The most common action I use that is not supported by the Touch Bar is searching. I select the search text box at least 20 times a day, so having this at my finger tips would be very useful.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improved performance when open for an extended period

I've been running Outlook on a MacBook Pro 2016 13" and I've noticed that when I have Outlook open for an extended period of time, days, it starts to be slow to respond when switching windows. For instance, clicking send on a new email will pause for a moment before going away. When the app is fresh, the response is immediate. I rarely shutdown my Mac, and I frequently sleep it by closing the lid. If I close Outlook and reopen it immediately, the responsiveness returns to what I would expect. It feels like something is caching and slowing the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Right-click on attachments

The new UI for presenting attachments to emails and events (as of v15.35) removed the long-standing ability to right-click on an attachment to perform various actions on it, e.g. save, remove, etc.

Instead of you are forcing us to perform those actions only by way of a dropdown menu on each attachment. This dropdown as a tiny click target (hortizontally speaking) compared to the old UI and our ability to land the cursor anywhere on the attachment name/icon and right-click.

Please re-enable right-click functionality across the whole attachment name/icon so we don't have to search for a pin head in…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Implement sync between contacts on mac with outlook 2016 for mac. Without outlook is useless for me on my mac pro.

well, I wouldn't call it an idea. More a fix. In order to use outlook as a professional tool on my mac pro I need real time synchronization of contacts. (not manually by exports like in 1995 please)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep focus on Outlook vs. reminders, after closing an email

This request relates to keyboard navigation of the mail list in the Outlook for Mac 2016 main window.

Scenario:

Place focus on the email list of the main Outlook window.
    Navigate with the arrow keys to the desired email.
    Press the RETURN button to open the email.
    Type CMD-W to close the email.

At this point, the reminders window becomes the focus, if open. I feel the main outlook window should remain the focus with the email list still navigable by keyboard.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Increase the size of the dismiss all button

On Windows, the notifications pop-up features a large "Dismiss All" button. On Mac, it's hidden within a tiny drop-down. Please make both the window and the controls larger!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/outlook-2016-mac-duplicate-email-clean-up/240674

Inexcuseable that one version of Outlook lacks a feature that is available on the others, especially when you advertise Office 365 as being "full featured."

I accidentally dragged one folder into another. I have hundreds of duplicates, each with different subject lines, senders, etc.
    I can't imagine what Microsoft's good reason would be for omitting the "Conversation Clean Up" feature from just this one version of Outlook. As far as I can tell, it exists in ALL OTHERS!
    Microsoft should add this feature immediately or provide a tool that performs the equivalent function.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hyperlinks That Are Not Underlined

For visual reasons I would appreciate Hyperlinks that are no longer underlined.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest you to include the possibility to postpone the sending of an e-mail also using POP and not only Exchange.

this function became recently available for exchange. please include it also for POP accounts

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Autodiscover does not respect "remember my settings"

Our server is sometimes incorrectly set and tries to redirect to an intranet address when connected from the extranet.

The autodiscover settings offers to allow/deny this, and manually selecting "Deny" works, but the dialog keeps appearing several times a minute.

Checking "remember my settings" seems to enable the "Allow" option, rather than the opposite. If "Remember" is checked and "Deny" is pressed, Outlook will stop complaining but also stop connecting, as the autodiscovery process will overwrite the current settings to invalid ones.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Open messages

I would like for Outlook to keep open messages open when I need to relaunch the program or restart my computer. Now it closes all open messages when relaunched

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Hi there, I'm using Mac Outlook 2016. If most of the options tab on New Mail are persistent configurations, it should be better to be in Pre

Hi there,

I'm using Mac Outlook 2016.

If most of the options tab on New Mail are persistent configurations, why not to appear in Preferences/Email?

It's more intuitive, I think:)

Regards,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for monitors in portrait mode.

I use two external monitors in addition to my MacBook. One of the external monitors is rotated 90°.

1) Even at 1920 x 1080 the calendar view still scrolls. It would be nice to see the entire day. As is, I can't even see the entire workday!

2) Also, I haven't been able to reliably reproduce, but there seems to be a stickiness issue with the Reading Panel for the Inbox. It frequently disappears when I switch between the calendar and the Inbox or between mail folders. It seems like it may have something to do with the height of…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Project Management from Outlook

It would be great if Outlook considers Integrating a basic project management feature within Outlook that would allow to set targets and allocate tasks to colleagues through their calendars, send reminders before due date and show completed tasks. Won't it be great to bring together everything in one place.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add support for project fi sms notifications

Add support for project fi sms support

1 vote
    Vote