OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Place of icons/shortcuts to Calendar etc

Change the spot for "icons" or shortcuts for mail, calendar, tasks etc. Since they are (still) on the very low left side, the are hidden by the Mac-dock.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shortcut of text is not woking

Shortcut of text is not woking. e.g. PFA= Please Find The Attachment. its woking in every where not in microsoft office application anywhere.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would suggest you synch with contacts, the mobile version. i would also like you to allow me to schedle emails.

synch with contacts, the mobile version. i would also like you to allow me to schedule emails.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable ability to POP-OUT Mail, Calendar, Contacts to display each on own screen.

Many today have multi-screen environments. I do not want to have to click which Outlook component I see, I want to put Mail, Calendar, and Contacts on separate screens by popping them out. Your current UI is so 1990's, please provide a generalized pop-out capability.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a virtual Desktop

Mail is too often lost in clutter. Beyond flagging, I would love to create a virtual desktop that I can drag emails that I don't want to lose track of, are linked to a specific project, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Creation of new items by draging them onto the Calendar, Task View Icon - as it exists in Windows version.

Creation of new items by draging them onto the Calendar, Task View Icon - as it exists in Windows version.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The language autodetection in office for Mac has stopped working after upgrade to 15.22. Please re enable this feature

The language autodetection in office for Mac has stopped working after upgrade to 15.22. Please re enable this feature

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Action on the mac to send a file using Outlook - automatically opens a new message with the attachment

Action on the mac to send a file using Outlook - automatically opens a new message with the attachment

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pinch

I would love to have the same possibility as in Outlook XP. There I can click in the mail or elsewhere and use the mouse wheel to change the font size.

On the mac this function, would be: Tap in the mail, or elsewhere and use the "pinch" function with the two fingers to make the font size bigger.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Outlook for Mac so that it does not require insecure renegoitation

Outlook for Mac 2011 and Outlook 2016 for Mac both require Microsoft Exchange (or a reverse proxy in front of it) to be configured to either support the old SSL protocol or configure them to support "compatible" insecure client-initiated renegotiation.

As SSL 2.0 is completely insecure and all current guidance for security has administrators also disabling SSL 3.0, this means that the insecure-client-initiated renegotiation must still be enabled on Exchange or the reverse proxy. This is an insecure configuration that results in the possibility of a MITM attack.

Please update Outlook for Mac (all supported versions and future versions) to…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When a message is read or acknowledged on outlook for mac; the outlook for ios alert will go away on phone. Very similar to imessages work.

When a message is read or acknowledged on outlook for mac; the outlook for ios alert will go away on phone. Very similar to how imessages work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it mine - why can't I skin my 365 and SP? My company looks like every

Make it mine - why can't I skin my 365 and SP? My company looks like every other company to my staff - I want it to look like my company, not yours

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow the font to be set when calling outlook from other programs.

When calling outlook client from other software - the font can't be set to calibri like it is in the preferences for all other areas of Outlook. It comes up by default as Times. I am not sure where this setting is, but it would be nice to change it so all fonts match.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make a "What's New" window that isn't blank! if there's nothing new to show, then the window should not be shown!

Make a "What's New" window that isn't blank! if there's nothing new to show, then the window should not be shown!

It is unclear why a window should show a spinning "please wait" indicator for over 10 seconds… it certainly indicates a problem. However, what's worse is that the window is modal, meaning I cannot use Outlook until I click on the "Continue" button. So really, I don't know why I am continuing!

I think UI designers need to be a lot more careful in how to implement controls! This is yet another example of careless design, and it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The news, the whole news and everything in the news, please… Every little change is important to anyone who’s been loving, hating or hoping

The news, the whole news and everything in the news, please…

Tell us what's actually changed, rather than what you hope most of us might like to hear has changed… every little change is important to anyone who’s been loving, hating or hoping for any feature for a long time. Un-learning old habits and re-learning others is hard enough without first having to find out what’s to be learned.

Publishers including Microsoft cannot make updates or improvements without detailed lists of every little change and that makes no difference whether moving this or adding that effects the most-used feature ever…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. windat support

Outlook should support .windat data. I cannot it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. don't add any other features until you get the current version stable.

Don't add any other features until you get the current version stable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Timeline View To Track Milestones

For project tracking purposes it would be great to be able to select text from within an email (or a calendar event/to-do/etc) and drag it to a timeline view. The creation date of the selected text/item would determine it's place on the timeline. A header/event name could then be entered to identify the item on the timeline. Clicking on the item will take the user back to the original item (email/calendar event/etc). There would need to be the ability to create and name multiple timelines based on project name, conversation, task, sales division. This would provide a much faster view…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow changing folder navigation icons to LARGE WORDS as in Outlook for Windows.

Allow changing folder navigation icons to LARGE WORDS as in Outlook for Windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bring back Mail, Calendar, etc...

Bring back the words "Mail, Calendar, People" etc at the bottom of the sidebar instead of stupid icons. The words looked better. Macintosh Outlook doesn't have to look EXACTLY like the Windows version. You made it worse!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base