OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Handle WIFI captive portals properly

What is a captive portal? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captive_portal
    Apple OS X handles captive portals specifically. I expect Outlook to do the same.
    You can check with the URI http://www.apple.com/library/test/success.html if the user needs to access the captive portal first prior doing any other requests (e.g. fetching E-Mails)

Outlook should understand when the user is connected to a network with a Captive Portal and should react properly on it.

At the moment shows a modal window with the following message. This is useless and distracting

The message shown is the following.
    "https://hotspot.t-mobile.net" is the URI of the captive portal of the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Grant the ability to rather disable or hide the 'Smart Folders' folder

I find that the ************* folder is quite distracting and when you have several accounts added, it's quite annoying and adds extra text where simplicity should be present.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Focus on New Calendar Item

For some reason, in the most recent version of Outlook for Mac, the focus for a new calendar item, either a new appointment or invitation, is shifting to the body of the item rather than the To: or Subject: line. This is NEW behavior. When I used to create a new invitation, I would right-click on the calendar in the time that I want, and click New Meeting. I could immediately begin typing Invitee names into the To: box. Now it's going to the body of the invite, and it's annoying to have to click. Why did you change this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A serious memory leak on outlook for mac (version 15.36)

A serious memory leak on outlook for mac (version 15.36). The application consume a huge amount of memory about 16GB.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to restore all opened emails from last session when starting Outlook

Same concept as Chrome gives you the option to "Continue where you left off" on startup opening all the tabs you had open from your last session.

Other mail apps (like default Apple Mail app) have this and it's a really nice feature. It's frustrating having to find all the emails you had open and were planning to answer again.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Outlook 15.39 Restore tight list spacing option

Sometime around v15.37, the spacing between items in a list of messages, tasks, etc was increased. This does not increase readability, but does greatly reduce the number of list items visible on one screen.

In v.15.38 and prior, it was possible to use the terminal command:

defaults write ~/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Outlook ItemListTextSize 0

to restore the former tight line spacing. In v.15.39, this defaults command no longer works.

Please restore the ability to modify the plist file so that tight line spacing is again available in Outlook for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Bring Back Smooth Cursor Movemen

Bring back the smooth cursor movement that's discontinued from Insider Fast.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Problem with the security of Mac Communcator and lynx service it allows you to hack safari Version 6.2.8 (8537.85.17.9.1) to crash and hang

It cause a security leak outlook.com apps on the beta and you cannot even send feedback !! they can control keyboard mouse and upper privlages in maverick os!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Put all features on windows version missing from MAC version. Like shortcuts.

Put missing features like shortcuts, ability to browse when moving or copying, showing a scroll bar and being able to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable Outlook windows to move between Spaces.

I discovered that I cannot move Outlook windows to other Spaces either by dragging or switching while holding left click on the window border. I can however assign it explicitly to a desktop. This makes it inconvenient because I can’t bring a window to another space where I’m working on something and need the information from that Space.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow download of just part of Office

Hi. When logging into my account on Office.com to download Office software for my computer, I currently have to download a 1.68GB file. It would be better if I could choose to download only those parts of Office I want, in this case just Outlook (which is a much smaller file size!)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I want to be able to change the ribbon again!

You've taken away the ability to make our own pages our own!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When Outlook is in full screen mode, on a multi-monitor system, a "New" message is frozen in place and cannot be moved to the other screen.

When Outlook is in full screen mode, on a multi-monitor system, a "New" message is frozen in place and cannot be moved to the other screen - this doesn't make sense and is a fairly irritating behavior.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Support for "restore open documents and windows" as in any other app on macOS

when opening MS office app, restore all open documents and windows showing the same position and content then before closing. Works with most other apps on macOS, but unfortunately has never been supported on MS Office.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to disable 'glide' cursor animation

Allow users to disable 'glide' cursor animation in any Microsoft application.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I suggest you make the Filter Email button work the same way all the buttons with drop downs do, when clicked.

I suggest you make the Filter Email button work the same way all the buttons with drop downs do, when clicked.

For example the Move, Junk, Rules and Categorize buttons.
    The Follow Up button is a notable exception because clicking it, and not the small "drop down triangle", performs a default action that would otherwise be available in the drop down.

I would also suggest that the Filter Email button have this default action like the Follow Up button. Perhaps it should filter unread email since I believe that would be the most used filter or remember the last filter…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Do something... anything

Due to upcoming discontinuation of security updates, I paid over $100 to upgrade from Outlook for Mac 2011 to Outlook for Mac 2016. With all of the room for improvement in this product it is unbelievable that nothing has changed in 5 years.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base