OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move five main controls from the bottom to the top

The five buttons for Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, Notes are at the bottom of the page while the rest of the controls are all arranged on the top? Without a touch bar, the mouse is going up and down when working with email and calendar.
    It would be fantastic if these controls could be configured to be arranged on the top of the account tree right under the ribbon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I suggest that you should bring back the two UP and DOWN arrows on the top right hand corner of the screen when we open the microsoft outloo

I suggest that you should bring back the two UP and DOWN arrows on microsoft outlook because that greatly increases the experience of using the microsoft outlook as it helps to scroll up and down the emails. Since you removed the up and down arrows now I have to close the email I read and select the next one from the list/panel of emails. Previously I just scrolled up and down to go into my desired emails. It will be highly appreciated if you can bring back the two UP and DOWN arrows in your current version of microsoft outlook…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please provide import / export features similiar as with windows: vcf, csv, pst, xls, ...

Please provide the feature to import / export data in common formats.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add-ons should work in O365 Group email boxes

If I view a messages in a Groups mailbox (or a delegated mailbox) in Outlook, the Add-ons are not accessible. This is a real pain and means I have to subscribe to inbox delivery for these Groups when I don't want to. I know add-ons are per account, but maybe there is a way add-on's could be granted access?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Support more file types in “Insert Link” smart link feature.

Be able to see and insert file types like JPEG, PNG, PDF and other non Microsoft document files located in cloud in either OneDrive or Sharepoint to be able to add it in the “Insert Link” feature when creating or responding to messages.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ticker tape feature for General company notifications

Create a ticker tape feature to send periodic company updates versus sending emails to everyone.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share menu in MacOS

Please add the ability to right click on a file within MacOS - and under share menu - OUTLOOK.

Thanks

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clean "MacOS" design and customizable layout, please!

Clean design - get inspiration from Airmail, Spark, Newton, Mac Mail.

Please make everything customizable - toolbar, font size, color scheme,

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Customizable quick action icons hovering over messages

I want to be able to customize my quick action icons that appear when I hover over my messages. It's so easy to accidentally delete or archive a message when trying to mark it as important.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fix non-standard text selection behavior

Dragging upward while selecting text on the first line of an email does not select all the text to the left of the insertion point. A similar problem exists on the last line of text: dragging downward past the last line does not select text to the right of the insertion point on the last line.

This is not standard behavior for a Mac app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the ability to send positive feedback as well 😀

Sometimes we get caught up in what is wrong with the product, but I do like how other Office for Mac products besides Outlook (currently) allow us to define feedback as either positive or negative. Why not give the developers a little support for their hard work, and do the same for Outlook for Mac?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include all folders and subfolders from all accounts unread email to badge count icon on the Docker

Be able to see the entire unread emails badge count across the different accounts regardless if emails move to subfolders.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Update the scripting dictionary, specifically:

Specific updates to the Outlook Scripting Dictionary:

1) Add in a "paste" command for outgoing messages. THis would make getting data in from Excel and other apps far easier.

2) Fix the defaults in the foward command so that the default for opening window is the safe option, not one that causes the command to fail.

3) Return the ability to run a script within a client-side rule

4) Make the signature an element of outgoing message, so that a script can set the signature even if it's different from the account default.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Option to open to All Accounts inbox

Give the option for the application on Mac to open to All Accounts inbox instead of one of the individual accounts. This will allow the user to open the application to the all mailboxes instead of just landing on one (seemingly random and not the default) account.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add link to release notes in AutoUpdate, no need to search the internet!

What about adding the link to the release notes directly in autoupdate. would save me a lot of time...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reminders for OneNote for Mac

Please create a facility that allows To-Do lists created in OneNote for Mac to be sent to Outlook for Mac. This will allow you to be reminded of items created while using OneNote, such as a to-do list from a meeting.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I suggest non-English language text input method shortcut key must be prioritized than Outlook shortcut key.

Non-English language text input method needs shortcut key to transform the characters like Kanji, Chinese character, etc.
    But Outlook and some Office application force to assign each application's shortcut and they disable text input method shortcut.
    This is really headache.
    Please give us shortcut key assignment settings in all office applications or leave the priority to text input method shortcut.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to permanently disable MS Add-Ins to Oulook for Mac

Not everyone uses or wants to use OneNote or Customer Manager, and if you’re not using these applications, these buttons take up valuable space in the ribbon, hiding other more useful buttons - e.g. Read/Unread. I appreciate this issue is linked to screen size, and is therefore probably not an option on larger laptops or desktops screens, but it is a significant issue on smaller laptop screens.

When I raised this with MS Support, I got the following response: "we are able to reproduce it on our end and we have a confirmation that this is expected behaviour for OneNote…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Outlook appearance is too bright in regular mode and too dark in dark mode. Additional viewing backgrounds in preferences.

Regular mode viewing is too bright and too washed out confusing the reading pane with the sidebar and the titles panes. The reading pane should stand out without being too bright and the side bars and title panes to be more indicative of where the focus is. Similarly in dark mode, too dark and the different panes become a scrambled mess visually.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base