OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Id like to use RSS feeds on a mac

Id like to use RSS feeds on a mac

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bring back visual colour category, remove the coloured square

The coloured square that is relative to the category needs to revery to highlighting the whole email - as per calendar events in weekly view.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Resolve a bug I see in Outlook for Mac v16.29 on MacOS Mojave (10.14.6)

there’s a bug in Outlook for Mac v16.29 (19090802). on macOS Mojave’s 10.14.6. When trying to save an attachment from an email, two finder windows are opened. I’ve reproduced and have video

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove so called "Smart Lookup"--a bug not a feature

Every time I reach for Smart Lookup, I cringe. It is the worst. Today I look for a definition for differential--apparently no definition exits. There is something on the Explore tab with a picture of a mechanical differential, but nothing on the define tab. This is a perfect example of how dumb "Smart Lookup" is. Give me the option of using my Mac's dictionary within the document without Dumb Lookup.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Share menu in MacOS

Please add the ability to right click on a file within MacOS - and under share menu - OUTLOOK.

Thanks

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Different Color Sets for Dark Mode

In Calendar, normal mode, “busy” appointments have a blue line, which has a good contrast with the white background. “Free” appointment have a white line, which “blends” with the background. This gives good visual experience on what is really important or what’s in the calendar just for information.
    But when switching to Dark mode, the colours are the same, so a Free event really pops out of the Calendar, as if it was something very important, and a blue Busy event remains in the background.
    Same feedback for the events main background colour: grey in Normal mode, Blue in dark…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have a real person instead of a robot.

Real persons flash and blood not steel

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. For Mac Outlooks that are slow to connect to the Exchange Online (>= 3 to 5 mins), provide illustration of settings needed to improve.

The article at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/advanced-exchange-account-settings-for-outlook-for-mac-22af6b87-a090-4476-8e34-6e3c5fd619ad?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US describes fields available to configure the account, but there are no examples of the field entries that could serve to make this easier to determine.

For instance, for a Mac working inside a Windows AD domain, how would the entry for "Directory Service Server" (Also known as an LDAP server. Enter the name of the server that is provided by your system administrator. This server address is commonly the same address as your Microsoft Exchange Server address, but this is not always true.)... How would this be formatted in the field? IP address, \\servername, server.domain.local, etc.?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include all folders and subfolders from all accounts unread email to badge count icon on the Docker

Be able to see the entire unread emails badge count across the different accounts regardless if emails move to subfolders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sound Notifications for messages from Outlook Support

Please include a sound when receiving messages from the support team.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Appearance

The highlighted, topmost inbox in the sidebar, the line separating message status area from the first or most recent massage in the inbox, and the line separating the subject from the sender: it would be much more pleasing to the eyes if these lines were even horizontally across.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When open a email window through clicking the notification, I hope it can go back to my previous app when I close the email window

When open a email window through clicking the notification, I hope that it can go back to my previous app or window when I close the email window

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Can't deselect the search box after clicking on it

If you click in the search box and after that click outside, it is expected to deselect the search box, but it doesn't happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. iOS send or share: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE respond to the hundreds of people who have begged

begged and begged for you to allow OUTLOOK to be a) the default email and b) MOST IMPORTANTLY put OUTLOOK mail as one of the options in the iOS share box. This is silly, you've heard it from hundreds of us (if not thousands) for three years now. This is incredibly stupid. The work around you suggest (either in the share in the program box or by dragging and dropping) is a waste of time and does not comport with what has now become an industry standard. JUST DO IT!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Inactive Office365 accounts in Outlook for Mac

We work with a number of clients and have several Office365 accounts. When I am no longer active on a client, the Office365 account for that client gets disabled. Outlook then pops up the update password panel each time I open Outlook. It looks like the only option I have is to delete the account, but I need to keep the emails for reference and retention purposes. It would be great if there was an account preference to set the Account to Inactive so that Outlook no longer attempts to update anything (email and calendar) on the Account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Give more style & colour options for the whole Outlook for Mac

Give more style & colour options for the whole Outlook for Mac e.g. Lavender theme or grey theme or orange theme. I'm fed up of dreary blue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Find a way to reduce or eliminate the size of the "Message Sources" Cache

Sort the size of the "Message Sources" cache.

Mine is 18GB, while the "messages" folder is less than 1GB and "Message Attachments" is less than 5GB. Why is "Message Sources" so big?

I only discovered this because Outlook had made several backups and filled my Hard Drive. I had to do some detective work to find where all this data was that was filling up my HDD and I eventually discovered the Outlook folder stored in the hidden ‘Library’ on my MacBook had around 90GB of files. This included the ‘Main Profile’ which held around 25GB and several backups of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Report an issue disappeared from help menu

The "Report an issue" option has disappeared from my Outlook Help menu. It's been gone for some time now, but I used to rely on it quite a bit when I found issues in the fast release builds. My Outlook client is not managed and the feature is not disabled in prefs.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Alert for activation if activation is required

Be able to see an alert if an office or Outlook needs to be reactivated due to expired license or subscription not renewed. Similar alert you we can see in Windows Office/Outlook to sign in if needed to activate.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow for reordering the side bar

Consider allowing the sidebar to be reordered. Changing the order that multiple accounts are listed it. Also allow smart folders to be moved up;. Thanks!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base