OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Look into the flickering screen issue associated with Outlook and iMac 2015

There is an issue that others seem to be having when using Outlook on a late 2015 iMac. We have 3 employees at my company with late 2015 Retina 5K iMacs (27", 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 Processor and 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3 Memory) whose screens will flicker and turn white/black, but when they restart it fixes the issue for a day. Then it happens again. It seems to happen when Outlook is open, which we are constantly using, and from another forum, it seems to be happening to many other people with this same exact model iMac and Outlook. Apple…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Letter Wizard in World for Mac!

In the previous version of Outlook for MAC there was a wizard in World for creating elements a letter by adding address of the recipient and of the sender, date and signature line plus enclosures. That feature was quite helpful and I would ask MS to re-install it again!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Reminders for OneNote for Mac

Please create a facility that allows To-Do lists created in OneNote for Mac to be sent to Outlook for Mac. This will allow you to be reminded of items created while using OneNote, such as a to-do list from a meeting.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change cursor from black to white in Contact Support Window

The Contact Support window in dark mode is very easy on the eyes. It is not hard to read the text messages between myself and the techs. However, it is extremely hard to see the black cursor against the dark background. Please change the cursor to white! What's the use of having white text on a dark background, with a black cursor? Thanks!

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add-ins for IMAP Accounts

Please implement Add-ins for IMAP Accounts. Thank you!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update the scripting dictionary, specifically:

Specific updates to the Outlook Scripting Dictionary:

1) Add in a "paste" command for outgoing messages. THis would make getting data in from Excel and other apps far easier.

2) Fix the defaults in the foward command so that the default for opening window is the safe option, not one that causes the command to fail.

3) Return the ability to run a script within a client-side rule

4) Make the signature an element of outgoing message, so that a script can set the signature even if it's different from the account default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add more capabilities! Make it more professional.

I had Outlook 25 years ago, it was professional. I changed to Mac and have been getting by with their software for over 15 years. I just tried Outlook again and found it to be simplistic and very restrictive. It seems to be designed by children. I have 4000+ contacts and can't import them to Outlook because of its serious limitations. With Outlook, I can't include a business's website in the Address Book (“People”). I can't even make a contact for a business name like Microsoft. This is shocking. I also don't like my Calendar separated by my email addresses…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Id like to use RSS feeds on a mac

Id like to use RSS feeds on a mac

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Different Color Sets for Dark Mode

In Calendar, normal mode, “busy” appointments have a blue line, which has a good contrast with the white background. “Free” appointment have a white line, which “blends” with the background. This gives good visual experience on what is really important or what’s in the calendar just for information.
    But when switching to Dark mode, the colours are the same, so a Free event really pops out of the Calendar, as if it was something very important, and a blue Busy event remains in the background.
    Same feedback for the events main background colour: grey in Normal mode, Blue in dark…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook appearance is too bright in regular mode and too dark in dark mode. Additional viewing backgrounds in preferences.

Regular mode viewing is too bright and too washed out confusing the reading pane with the sidebar and the titles panes. The reading pane should stand out without being too bright and the side bars and title panes to be more indicative of where the focus is. Similarly in dark mode, too dark and the different panes become a scrambled mess visually.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Split Outlook up in Mail and Calendar

I generally believe Microsoft has too many apps (and I'm seeing the struggle you're having in aligning them), but keeping Mail and Calendar together in Outlook is just old school and not very fit for purpose.

Mail has communication as its primary purpose. Calendar has planning. Please separate these applications both on the desktop apps as well as online! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Able to choose public or private sharing option upon attaching the cloud links for “Insert Link” feature.

Be able to attach files using the Smart link feature and choose either to share it to the public or to private individuals. Most of the users use the Smart link feature and sending it to someone outside of the organization.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Rating

Please stop nagging for an app rating all the time. I am busy with work and it makes me want to give a 1 star rating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include all folders and subfolders from all accounts unread email to badge count icon on the Docker

Be able to see the entire unread emails badge count across the different accounts regardless if emails move to subfolders.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Transfer 'Auto Correct' preferences from one 365 account to another 365 account

Changing 365 accounts? how can we transfer our saved Autocorrects from one account to the other?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop using ESC button to switch app from full screen mode to window mode . It's irritating!

Stop using ESC button to switch app from full screen mode to window mode . It's irritating!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share menu in MacOS

Please add the ability to right click on a file within MacOS - and under share menu - OUTLOOK.

Thanks

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make prominent notification or icon when Outlook is not connected to the server

Please make it more prominent, when Outlook isn’t connected to the server. The status bar on the bottom right of Outlook for Mac is not that noticeable.

It would be great to have a more clear signal when Outlook is offline.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please, add the option for dark theme in outlook for Mac in Home and Student versions. The color combination is too bright.

I use microsoft office, specially Outlook, with dark theme at work in my Windows OS computer but my Microsoft office for Mac that I use at home does not have the option dark mode.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. copy and paste - mails + calender

Please and the Feature to Outlook for Mac (This Functions are working in Outlook APP Windows)

Copy Mail (example to draft folder)
    Copy Calendar (example to appointment)
    Copy Contacts (V-Card)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?