OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office 365 For Mac should have the same features available for the PC.

Office 365 For Mac should have the same features available that PC users get. You are paying for a half built product and this simply isn't good enough. I would like to be able to swap over from Google Docs but I am seriously looking at cancelling my office 365 subscription and going back to using Gmail / Calendar and Google Docs directly as there really isn't any point me using office 365 for Mac. It is as though Microsoft purposely want to focus on a product for their PC customers. If you made the product equal to that available…

3,102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    40 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customize ribbon

Provide an ability to customize the ribbon, like moving features around. I wanted to move the SEND button farther to the right but can't.

1,037 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    43 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to Customize the RIBBON and Quick Access Toolbar

Reorganize your ribbon so that functions are grouped together, OR better yet, allow users to customize their ribbons and quick access toolbars for their own needs as users on a Windows platform can!

354 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom

For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have the option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom. This would bring the online live lessons closer to face-to-face lessons and help with assessment and maintaining class community.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail

Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail. This was previously very helpful in past Windows versions

526 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add scripting access groups for AppleScript

This is needed so sandboxed apps can use script Outlook with AppleScript. According to Apple, it's not a lot of work to implement this:

> For scriptable app developers, implementing support for access groups is relatively trivial, and requires making minor annotations in their app’s scripting definition (sdef) file. - https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1888/index.html#//appleref/doc/uid/DTS40015156-CH1-SANDBOXINGOSXAPPS__INCLUDINGSCRIPTABLEAPPSANDAPPLESCRIPTAPPS-ABOUTAPPLEEVENTSTEMPORARYEXCEPTION_ENTITLEMENTS

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get a better support system.

Have an additional option for Help/Support. Chat is not enough. Add phone support at a minimum. Ideally, add the ability to port in and be a real IT person.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How to export Zimbra to PST

If you want to export Zimbra to PST then you can try any professional software like KDEtools Zimbra to Outlook Converter. This software easily import Zimbra file to PST and numerous file formats such as EML, EMLX, HTML, PDF, NSF, OLM, and etc. The tool retains metadata of email during the conversion process. The tool is compatible with all the latest and oldest versions of Windows. The tool also supports Office 365 and Exchange Server account.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When I click file -> new -> main window, any other open windows should not go blank and become unusable.

OSX Outlook: v 16.21

when clicking file -> new -> main window, any other outlook windows I have open, such as viewing my mail, go blank and the window becomes unusable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide option to *DISABLE* drag-and-drop editing and "smart" text selection

Please provide option to DISABLE drag-and-drop editing and "smart" text selection.

These two "features" causes me a lot of grief trying to edit wordings of a sentence. While trying to deal with smart selection that insists on selecting the entire word rather than a portion of it (or selecting additional elements not intended) that some how turned into a drag-and-drop editing, which then further screws up the editing. Frequent undos resulted and resorted to deleting and retyping the entire word or portion of the sentence.

These features are supposed to help, not get in the way of the writer. I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Use local date format for tasks and follow-up

I have set the date format to YYYY-MM-DD but there are tons of fields where I soo or need to enter US format. Why is this so inconsistent?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add (optional) confirmation window before closing the application

pressing CMD+Q by mistake rather CMD+W closes the application.
    I wish to have an option to enable a confirmation window which will prevent the application closing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest you unlock the ability to add addresses in Outlook for the Mac OS version 16.37...I can't believe you just released an updated ver

Ok...I guess its a policy not to add support for customers who bought for Office 365 and use Google (Gmail) to add address editing to Outlook Contacts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove from signature templates

Remove from signatures "He/Him/His", "She/Her/Hers" & "Them/They/Thiers". It's not necessary.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To keep desktop version exactly the same as cloud version. Cloud is the best on usability now and i very much like it.

Cloud version now has the best usability. The only missing feature is native notifications on meetings. But i love how it filters to show only new content in the email thread. Great job!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Autoupdate

AutoUpdate prompt that says "All apps are up-to-date." is quite annoying and just another bothersome click that I Have to focus on taking away my attention from what I want to do.

If apps are up to date then you can put a notification banner in the app but not in the OS as a separate app that makes the user do something,

Please change this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Merge Accounts (365 and outlook.com)

I originally signed up for a Office 365 account using a Gmail address, not realizing Outlook also had a free account. I was switching internet providers and did not want to lose my emails and contacts. Since I had purchased the 365 product, I figured I would use the outlook program for my email, only to find out I could not import my contacts from my webmail account. The files were not compatible. Also not being able to access the webmail emails through the online outlook is inconvenient. Now I have a 365 account with a Gmail email address and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an Undo button in the Home ribbon

The undo feature exists with (ctrl|cmd)-z and in the edit menu, though those locations are pretty hidden. A nice prominent button in the ribbon would be convenient after accidentally deleting mail.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories