OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize ribbon

Provide an ability to customize the ribbon, like moving features around. I wanted to move the SEND button farther to the right but can't.

1,323 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    57 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to Customize the RIBBON and Quick Access Toolbar

Reorganize your ribbon so that functions are grouped together, OR better yet, allow users to customize their ribbons and quick access toolbars for their own needs as users on a Windows platform can!

471 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom

For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have the option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom. This would bring the online live lessons closer to face-to-face lessons and help with assessment and maintaining class community.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. all features available for PC should be available for Mac, #we_have_paid

it is NOT acceptable to have missing features and apps missing in Office 365 for Mac. #wehavepaid

3,510 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail

Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail. This was previously very helpful in past Windows versions

569 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add scripting access groups for AppleScript

This is needed so sandboxed apps can use script Outlook with AppleScript. According to Apple, it's not a lot of work to implement this:

> For scriptable app developers, implementing support for access groups is relatively trivial, and requires making minor annotations in their app’s scripting definition (sdef) file. - https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1888/index.html#//appleref/doc/uid/DTS40015156-CH1-SANDBOXINGOSXAPPS__INCLUDINGSCRIPTABLEAPPSANDAPPLESCRIPTAPPS-ABOUTAPPLEEVENTSTEMPORARYEXCEPTION_ENTITLEMENTS

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make it possible to change/add/remove buttons in the menu in the top.

Make it possible to switch places on/add/remove the different option buttons (read/unread, in the menu

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add to Calendar

When an incoming email contains a date or time reference in the body or subject, it would be great to click on the date and choose to add the event into the Calendar module. Apple's Mail programme does this adding events into the Calendar App.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

In Outlook 16.40 (20081000) the options when selecting Message | Attachments are no longer listing - I believe this is a nasty bug

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. "RULES" need for Outlook Export/Import functions for Mac Users

When we have existing IMAP rules = to be able to Move/Drag & Drop or/ Export them individually or better: globally into EXCHANGE rule panel in a whatever you want .rwz extension file...

... as this link is a legend : https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-or-export-a-set-of-rules-f54b5bd2-40e0-426e-9f25-e51fa14eeb95

... even with a mature OUTLOOK 16.37 (20040801) mac user ! : /

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. macos font

I work at an organization with G Suite, and I'd like to configure Outlook replies to be "invisible" from Gmail replies.

For macOS, this means better control over fonts, and control over the custom attribution.

I set my default reply font to Arial 11, but I am reading messages in Calibre. Also, my attribution text will appear in Calibre when my message above it appears in Arial! I'd like to change the font everywhere ("On [DATE], "[NAME]" [ADDRESS] wrote:")

I'd also like to change the attribution so I can match Google's default of "On Aug 28, 2020, "... rather than…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New outlook for Mac

I LOVE the new outlook for Mac format. However, I cannot have multiple mailboxes lined, so had to switch back.

Please can you enable this functionality so I can use both my frequently used mailbox and calenders in the new format.

Thanks in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. outlook mail not shown when search

i've tried everything with this version of outlook 16.16.25, when i search the mails on top right corner it does not show up the mails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest you allow a narrower width split-screen Outlook windows.

I keep Outlook running in split-screen mode on macOS. The two windows I have open are mail messages and the calendar. This is on my 13" laptop. I'd like to make the Calendar nice and wide and the mail message fairly narrow, maybe a 1/3 2/3 split. As it is, the mail message window won't allow me to set it very narrow. The best I can get is maybe a 40/60 split.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Saved searches should provide an unread count like Inbox, Sent, etc. folders.

Saved searches should provide an unread count like Inbox, Sent, etc. folders. This way if you created a special VIP filter, you can tell if you have new unread mail from that person. It could be very useful when you get a ton of e-mail but don't have the time to go through all of them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Default borders for images in Office programs (PC or MAC version or MS365)

Many images don't have a border so it is helpful to the viewer to see a border. It is annoying to have add borders manually to each image added. Why not be able to set default borders the same way you can set default lines/borders in Excel?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. conversation

Conversation Archive Across Folders

The ability to select all items in the conversation across all folders not just view them in. This would create a more efficient use of time for people who have to archive messages. The current workflow is to archive the conversation from the inbox and then do the same in sent items.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories