OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Customize ribbon

Provide an ability to customize the ribbon, like moving features around. I wanted to move the SEND button farther to the right but can't.

1,489 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    65 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to Customize the RIBBON and Quick Access Toolbar

Reorganize your ribbon so that functions are grouped together, OR better yet, allow users to customize their ribbons and quick access toolbars for their own needs as users on a Windows platform can!

520 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom

For online live lessons during the pandemic using Teams, please can we have the option to see all faces/students' work in a class like with Zoom. This would bring the online live lessons closer to face-to-face lessons and help with assessment and maintaining class community.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reach out to customers and focus development on useful features instead of things like "rounded corners," etc.

I have.used Outlook probably since the first release. Always fought using anything else. Moved to Mac a few months ago. Your product for Mac is horrible. Can't have more than one calendar via IMAP, new release eliminates ability to use folders. This app, along with all other MSFT apps won't autosave anywhere but OneDrive. It's horrible. As a long time user and big fan, I am now likely going to have to move to something else. And your big announcement of the new version of Outlook... Not about helping the user productivity in any way. Just changing the look? What…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow users to turn OFF "Select Entire Word"

I often need to precisely select and copy text out of emails, but unlike MS Word, there does not appear to be an option in Outlook to turn off the "Select Entire Word" functionality. As a result, I have to copy chunks of text from Outlook, paste them into a text editing application and then select exactly the characters I need, or I'm forced to spend extra time deleting the extra characters from whatever application I have pasted them in. This is extremely frustrating behavior for some of us and shouldn't be forced on the users with no option to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook for Mac should respect system audio output device setting

All notification sounds from Outlook for Mac are played over my built-in speakers, even though my bluetooth headphones are selected as the sound output device. I would expect Outlook for Mac to respect this setting and play all sounds over the selected system output device.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please stop asking me to stop asking me to update time settings

Outlook continually asks me to update my Location Settings (EST).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The New Outlook | Responsiveness of contents

For my work, i need to use 3 screens and their configuration are different from the common ones. I mainly use Outlook in a 9:16 vertical ratio. Unfortunately, the Outlook interface takes up more space than the maximum width of the vertical screen and therefore encroaches to the adjacent screen. In result, i can't use for now the new Outlook.

My idea would be:
    1- Be able to adapt a more responsive version in vertical AND horizontal format.

2- Develop a simple/miniaturized version (with only pictograms, no text on tabs). Minimize the top row when selecting emails and make it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Help Senior citizens and people with vision issues - Important !!

Outlook needs the ability to increase font and screen zoom in - we should have the little slider bar like we have with Excel and Word in the bottom right corner

Its annoying for Seniors to read the small fonts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. all features available for PC should be available for Mac, #we_have_paid

it is NOT acceptable to have missing features and apps missing in Office 365 for Mac. #wehavepaid

3,542 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow settings, screens, etc. to be saved

Currently, resizing columns or changing layouts, and other settings are forcibly reset to the Outlook defaults and not saved. Requiring me to reset my settings everytime I open the app so Outlook works as I want it to is nothing short of annoying.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail

Allow ability to see Calendar (or tasks, etc.) on right sidebar while working in mail. This was previously very helpful in past Windows versions

572 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable bulk photo transfer to a destination folder of my choosing.

There seems to be no simple way in Outlook for Mac to save all attached pictures to a selected folder from an open e-mail. Am I wrong? the only way seems to require that I click on each picture individually to save only that one, ...a real time wasting process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix activation problems on Mac.

I just bought Office 2019 for Mac, from Microsoft's website

Whenever I log in, it asks me to activate

The first time I try, it gives me an error message that it can't activate at this time

Then I click 'log in using another account', log in with the exact same login details, and it works

But whenever I close the program, the same problem happens again

This seems to be a problem with Office, not Mac. All of these error messages happen within Office, and Office manages to activate the second time around

Not what I expect having just…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add scripting access groups for AppleScript

This is needed so sandboxed apps can use script Outlook with AppleScript. According to Apple, it's not a lot of work to implement this:

> For scriptable app developers, implementing support for access groups is relatively trivial, and requires making minor annotations in their app’s scripting definition (sdef) file. - https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/qa/qa1888/index.html#//appleref/doc/uid/DTS40015156-CH1-SANDBOXINGOSXAPPS__INCLUDINGSCRIPTABLEAPPSANDAPPLESCRIPTAPPS-ABOUTAPPLEEVENTSTEMPORARYEXCEPTION_ENTITLEMENTS

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable to choose due date for flag

When flagging an email, it should be possible to set a due date for follow up

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use the preferences menu in outlook for Mac.

Mac Users will expect almost all of their settings options to be accessible from the preferences pane. But you have settings scattered and hidden all over the place. Trying to change your profile photo is insanely difficult. Just put all of that stuff in preferences, please. That is the expected way for mac apps.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make the Windows desktop "Outlook Today" view available as a default (preconfigured) view macOS Outlook desktop and Outlook365.

The "Outlook Today" view available on Windows 10 Outlook desktop is the best view for someone who needs to stay on top of the day's scheduled meetings and tasks (organized by due date) that require work but don't warrant a meeting or appointment. The only thing I'm seeing in the email is the number of unread items -- no subjects or "froms" displayed to distract me.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 40 41
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories