OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic Reminders to buy Birthday or Anniversary Presents

Outlook should allow for automatic reminders to buy birthday or anniversary presents based on the personal information entered in someone's contact. Currently you get a reminder the same day as the event which is not very helpful when you have to purchase a present for someone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it MUCH easier to add a vcf to an email to forward contacts to others.

Make it MUCH easier to add a vcf/vCard to an email in order to forward contacts to a colleague. Now I have to individually find the contact, forward it, grab the attached vcf, and add it to my email of vcfs to my colleague. Really clumsy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Use created contact’s names in your inbox, to makes it easier to navigate

My inbox is currently as mix of different email addresses, or names that users have given themselves. I had hoped that the names that you see in your inbox could be those that you have assigned to certain email addresses within your contacts - so it is as if you were checking your text messages on your phone.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change default contact address in contacts module

Allow users to choose the default email address to be displayed when creating a new contact (Work/Home, etc)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add search back in to Contact Notes. This disappeared around v15.20, I'm not sure why!

Add search back in to Contact Notes.
    This disappeared around v15.20, I'm not sure why!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add wedding dates to contacts personal information

Be able to add contact wedding dates and more information in a contact card just like Birthdays, Age, Date1, Date2, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Outlook Directory Search

When using the search function of the Outlook address book (not the general Outlook search) there are no results found when a search is being initiated based upon the last part of a last name.

Example: When trying to look for a person called Armin van Buuren, it is impossible to find this person when “Buuren” is being used as the search query. It only works when using “van Buuren”.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit groups in Outlook for Mac.

This is basic 101. And a big WTF. Are you serious microsoft - it is NOT 1984. Please enable editing of groups in Mac for Ouitlook.
    WTF do I even have to ask for this? This is just pure laziness! Even Trump would have enabled this function and he is a walking zombie.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Modifications To How Contacts and Groups are listed

Would be nice to select what shows up on the second line below the contact. Right now it's a phone # or title (if phone # isn't entered). I'd prefer for it to list who they work for (or offer up a choice).

Second, in the group list, it only shows the names and emails in the group. Why not include their business, phone number or some other quick to obtain info about who is in the group?

/Users/mac/Desktop/Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 11.00.25 AM.png

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Open FaceTime, iMessage or Skype from within Outlook when selecting "Start a video call" or "IM"

Open FaceTime, iMessage or Skype from within Outlook when selecting "Start a video call" or "IM"

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offer multiple file form options for outputting contacts

Offering the option to export contacts in a CSV or delimited tab formats allows for easier exchange with Apple's mac mail, and offers an incentive for Mac users to fluidly use Outlook for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest you include the possibility to "open a new tab" for contacts (and calendar), as it is already possible in Outlook for Windows.

I am having a lot of difficulties managing my contacts on Outlook for Mac. The reason the experience is not good for me is because I cannot “open a new tab” and keep the contacts open (something that can be done in Outlook for windows).

Therefore I have to rely on third party applications, such as Contacts from Mac OS, which does not handle contacts very well

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Korea, Japan, China. Family name comes first.

I want outlook can detect the language of name, and then display the full name at the order of Family name and first name if the language is written in Korean or Chinese or Japanese.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Insert contact information (name, address, email, phone) for an outlook contact into a word. document.

I would like to be able to insert contact information for an outlook contact into a word document (typically the information for the recipient of a letter).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Create read/write permissions for Microsoft Groups to manage them better.

The microsoft groups feature is great, but could use a lot more management. We would like to be able to disallow people from leaving a group as well as manage read vs read/write access to groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. in-built Skype for buisness

This would be great if Skype for business is in-build in the outlook for mac.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom select Contact in MAC

Contact in outlook is by default selected where I want sub folders to be selected and contact should be unchecked everytime

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix the bug that doesn't allow you to save a Contact card open from the FROM line unless you make a change to the contact first.

If you try to save a new contact from the FROM line of an email, clicking SAVE & CLOSE does nothing unless you make a change in the contact.
    The functionality in WIndows Outlook 2016 is "ADD CONTACT" and it looks the same but actually adds a contact when you click the SAVE button.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Birthday Without Year

You should be able to add a person's birthday without having to add their year (as is possible in the native calendar app for Mac). It is very often the case that you know someone's birthday without knowing the year and without needing to know the year, yet it's impossible to add a birthday without having the year, or putting in a random year that's wrong.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base