OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow users to have their contacts sorted by the "File As" field. This is what I have always done in Outlook for the PC and want the MAC ve

Allow users to display their contacts by the "File As" field. This is what I have always done in Outlook for PC. The Mac version should also be able to do this.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. address book

Add or remove an address book

Please allow the ability to add and remove address books as well as specify a default address. This functionality has always been in the Windows version. Would like to see it in the Mac version.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for Gmail Global Address List

Gmail Contacts can be in shared company Global Address Lists, just like Exchange. Outlook doesn't query or sync these lists, so I can't look up anybody's contact info.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Share Distribution Lists

Be able to share a distribution list

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add Ability to Browse GAL

Add the ability to browse the GAL as you are able to on Windows. We have a client that is split between Windows and Mac users. A lot of effort was spent building out the GAL for external contacts. The ability to browse natively in Outlook (and not having to search or going to the web client) is necessary to make it truly useful.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Contact Category COLOR should match its selected Category Color.

The color of the Contact Bubbles (circles) displayed in the People list in Outook for Mac 2016 (365), should match the color of the category set for those individual contacts. WHY in the world would Microsoft engineers assign random rainbow colors, that have zero purpose or relation to the contact's identity, when those contacts already have a color (of importance) tied to their selected category?! Just Reference (or use) Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 for an hour to understand how and why that contact category color is so important and useful (for inboxes, contact lists and calendars). At the very…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. gal sync

As an enterprise, sometimes it helps to troubleshoot issues with the Global Address Book. It would be great to be able to have a GUI button that would allow one to force a full resync with the GAL.

Additionally it would be great to have an option to set an update frequency for the GAL. Currently Outlook for Mac seems to be hardcoded to update once every 24 hours, but larger organizations might have a lot of changes to the GAL where it might be useful to have the GAL more frequently.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Find a Contact Search Option

When using the "Find a Contact" option you want the result to be listed on the same search window as the other results

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PLEASE Bring Back the Drag and Drop Function for Moving Multiple Contacts into a Contact Group

Please Bring Back the Drag and Drop Function for Moving Multiple Contacts into a Contact Group...Many businesses send "blast" emails to a specific group of people on a regular basis - that's why Outlook created the "Contact Group" feature. However, their latest update has eliminated the Drag & Drop function which allowed you to highlight multiple contacts and drag them into the group. NOW you have to manually type in every single individual name and email you wish to add to the group...sometimes that list includes hundreds of contacts, making the Contact Group tool virtually useless...or causing Outlook users to…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync Google Contact Groups with Outlook Categories

Syncing Google Contact groups with Outlook Mac Categories will allow you to sort your contacts in Outlook by Category. I find using Categories in Outlook for Windows to be an efficient way to manage several hundred business contacts at work. In fact, my Samsung Smartphone's native email client also syncs Google Groups which provides he same experience on my mobile phone.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default address book in Outlook for Mac

Please make it possible for users to select which address book should be the default.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Outlook.com people to Sync with Outlook for Mac

I added an iMac to my network and thought I could sync my Outlook.com people with my iMac as they sync with my other iOS devices but for some reason they don't: the People tab in Outlook for Mac 2016 remains empty even after emails have been synched with Outlook.com. I'm not sure whether this is a user error, a bug or a feature but it is confusing that I can't make it work and that the same idea is declared as "implemented" or "declined" in this forum. I'm looking for support - thank you.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Print Contact/address book lists

1. Make it so on a MAC Outlook can print a list of contacts selected. Have the options to select what can be on the list such as

F&L Name
    Some or all phone #'s
    Some or al of the address (city & State Separate)
    When building a contact list have . a drop down i can draw from to add to the list like on the windows side of outlook
    *have the ability to export contacts into a PST file

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Additional line for addresses should appear in the contact card

When entering someones address you should allow for a second and third line for things like a suite, apartment or office (the same way you do in Outlook for Windows).

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Extra alphabetical sort options needed for contacts

when you use the alphabetical sorting of contacts (on first or last name), there should be a possibility to choose a second criterium or a standar way to make the sorting more logical.

When you choose sorting on first name and have several people with the same first name for example you get things like this

Adam King
    An Goodman
    An Bloom
    An King
    An Arrow
    Ben Hoover

instead of

Adam King
    An Arrow
    An Bloom
    An Goodman
    An King
    Ben Hoover

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I need to export contacts in a text file readable by other apps. Like tab delimited. You know, like it used to do!!!

I need to export contacts in a text file readable by other apps. Like tab delimited. You know, like it used to do!!!

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a second or third line to the address entry for 2 or 3 line addresses

Allow there 2 be 2 or 3 lines in the address portion of the contact information for Apt's or other address qualifiers

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for Chinese users on contact display order

Outlook for Mac.
    Names of contacts on Outlook for Mac can only be displayed in "first name - last name" order.

For us Chinese users, it would be more convenient to show contacts names in the order of "last name - first name". Now, names of contacts are showed in "last name - first name" on the web and on outlook for windows in Chinese, but on Mac the order is wrong.

Hope new settings for this can be added in coming versions.

Outlook for Mac中联系人的显示是名字+姓氏,不符合中文的阅读习惯,也没有相关的设置可以更改。希望在之后的版本中能加入设置,在中文的情况下可以将联系人的显示改为姓氏+名字。

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base