OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest you make the right click option on the weather to remove this unneccesary feature

Are you annoyed to about unwanted features that you cannot switch off? Like the weather on the calendar.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make shared calendar scrollable (when there is lot of all-day-events)

if there more then 15 all day events you can't see any other.
    pleas make this scroll-able to fix the issue.
    THank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Automatically make times PM when the end time of a meeting otherwise doesn't make sense.

Currently if I have a meeting that starts at 10 and ends at 12 noon, when I enter the 12 (or any time in the afternoon) it gives me an error. Just switch it to PM automatically!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Mac-Client (latest version): Meeting Series (-> Available Rooms) BUG?

When using the "Room Finder" for a meeting series in the Mac Outlook-Client I get to see available rooms - but for some reason after choosing an available meeting room and then sending out the meeting invitation we get a reply that there are several meeting dates where the room has been occupied by someone else and therefore the meeting room would not accept the meeting series and cancels all meeting slots (even the ones when the meeting room would be available).

Therefore it looks as this function does not really work (in the Mac client - on the web…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How long we have to wait to have the calendar synch ???

everybody need to synchronize calendar between Mac desktop and IOS smartphone.
    How log to get this basic feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable automatic scrolling as time passes.

Please provide a switch/button to disable automatic scrolling of the calendar. For me it is not very beneficial to see an empty evening after work, and have to search for standard 8-5 work day to anticipate tomorrow's schedule. I'd like to be able to lock my calendar view to see only the work day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add a feature to cross off days on the calendar in outlook

One a day is over, it should automatically be crossed off with X or a line or blacked out.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. craig.wood@avanade.com

When responding to an invite, allow for CC: and/or adding recepients to an accept/decline response. This is possible in the Windows version and helpful to alert other people on the invite if there are conflicts, etc. that might be of interest. I am having to do this subsequently as a second step from my sent items folder with Outlook for Mac.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve meeting creation

Creating a new meeting takes too many clicks. The most common case for a meeting is to invite other people. Why does the new meeting window require me to click on the Invite button and then add names? This should be the default. If I don't want to invite any one then I can leave that field blank, just like any other field.

The editor for meetings seems to have its own keyboard shortcut bindings that are not consistent with either Word or the email editor. For example, pressing Apple+Delete in either email or Word editors deletes a word.
    In…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disable Catagories in shared Calendars.

There should be a way to turn off the categories for shared calendars. This seems like an invasion of privacy. Why would others need to see individuals categories? There should also be more colors and the colors don’t get dark enough when clicking on a calendar. I monitor 15 employee’s schedules to cover phones and make appointments, it’s important that I know where they are at a glance. This makes it impossible. Can you add my requests to a wish list for future updates? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the PRINT quo, add an option to print Landscape or Portrait. As it is now I have to go back to Page SetUp to change it. Should be easier

In Print Que add option of Portrait or Landscape orientation. As it is now I have to go out to PageSetup, make the choice and then back to Print Que. Can't this be easier? Please?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offer multiple calendar types when using the "Meeting" button within an email. Currently only "Meeting" is the only option.

There is a top level navigation when reading an email that allows you to move that email directly to a meeting invite. I find that I also have various emails that I'd like to turn into calendar appointments or events WITHOUT any invitees. So its for my own consumption. Would be nice to be able to select Calendar event type...and not just meeting with this button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the ability to look into colleagues calendars like on PC

On Office for PC I can easyly open the calendars of my colleagues within my organization and look up their shedule and if they are free or blocked or away (Without that anybody need to set up Reading or Writing Rights for me). It would be great if you can add this feature for Office on Mac too. Thanks and greetings from germany! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. display inline images in calendar appointments

Display inline images in calendar appointment. When I open an appointment in Outlook for Mac, that I created using Outlook for Windows, the inline images in the body are replaced by a placeholder with the message "(X)The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file and location."

Meanwhile, above the body is an attachment section and I can see, open, and view an attachment for each inline image.

Also if I view the appointment in OWA, and Outlook for Windows, the inline images appear correctly,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Optimize the day view time slots

Please optimize the time slots on the day view in the Calendar.
    When you double-click on the top and bottom halves of a time slot, the default start and end times are different. Please correct this so that the times are the same in the entire time slot. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Calendar, month view, Increase the size of the arrow buttons

In Calendar view, the arrows to navigate throw months are very small, regarding to the new design, can you increase the size of the buttons ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. display sunrise and sunset times

I would like to see sunrise and sunset times in my Outlook calendar [next to weather]

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base