OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync with corporate Exchange network (like Windows)

Outlook for Mac is still failry useless for Apple/Mac users until it can fully sync with calendars in an Exchange network. Thank goodness for OWA, which provides full functionality. WHEN will MS make Outlook for Mac OS and iOS the same as it does for Windowsusers?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Name an appointment without having to open it

Until a recent update, when I created a new appointment on my calendar, I could name it right there in the calendar, it would select the text "New Appointment" and I could replace it. Now I have to open the new event to edit the title. Please restore previous functionality.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I suggest you enable calendar browsing by mouse/trackpad, as at the moment it's only possible clicking on the forward backward button.

I suggest you enable calendar browsing by mouse/trackpad, as at the moment it's only possible clicking on the forward backward button. Ironically you can browse forward and backward in the calendar by mouse/trackpad when you schedule a new meeting or open an existing one, but not in the main calendar view.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Search Total Time

When I search for an event in my Outlook Calendar, I see columns for the Subject, Location, Start, End, and Recurrence Pattern.
    Is it possible to add a tab for “Total Time” of the event (ex. 2.5 hr.)? Or to see a total number of hours for the event when searched?
    Would be helpful to search how much time has been spend on specific events or projects with reoccurring key words in the subject.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Completely get rid of (or retire) the .ics

Please consider to completely retire .ics system. It's just adding a lot of steps to download the .ics file so that Outlook calendar can recognize the event. Try to streamline this process just like Google Calendar. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Option in Calendar list view 2 see who/when someone w/in a shared cal has created/modified an appt (i.e w/assistants who sched for others)

It would be nice for there to be time stamps on when calendar appointments in a shared calendar are created & modified; also by whom did these tasks would be great when someone is able to access/schedule on behalf of another.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. allow a calendar entry subject to be edited in the weekly view without opening entry

What happened to allowing a user to rename a calendar entry inline in the weekly view after dragging the time slot. It used ot let you set the subject in weekly view without having to open the entry AND click in the the subject AND click on save...

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Annoying Outlook reminder window on Mac

Allow a customisable time setting for the reminders window to popup on Mac (and maybe Windows as well) instead of popping up ALL THE TIME like it does now. It is so annoying that it constantly pops up with reminders and doesn't drop behind the main window like it does on Windows - SO ANNOYING

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Transfer ownership of appointment

It should be possible to transfer the ownership (organizer) of an appointment to another person or at least share ownership for a specific appointment with one or more other persons.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi! Why it is not possible to make an appointment in the mac outlook 365 in the future. It always declines the appointement. Why?

Hi! Why it is not possible to make an appointment with the mac outlook 365 in the future. It always declines the appointement. Why? Please get back to me in German. Thanks in advance for your short and kind explanation.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. calendar/agenda with date, time, weather on log in.

it would be nice to have a calendar/agenda pop-up upon sign in.
    It could have local weather and time as well as most recent email gloss.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow formatting text (specifically bullet points) for writing agendas in calendar invites

Allow formatting text (specifically bullet points) for writing agendas in calendar invites

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Calendar Invite Control to Outlook 365 for Mac

You need to add the ability in the Mac Version of Office 365 to not auto-delete calendar invitation. Moving the original calendar automatically to Deleted Items is annoying and counter-productive for power users.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Use the last used settings as default when setting a recurrence on an appointment, instead of always defaulting to the same thing

when setting a calendar recurrence, outlook ALWAYS defaults to a weekly recurrence, ending by a year from now. well, as I've never had that particular need for recurrence, why not use the last selected settings? For example, I often set a recurrence of daily, end after 5 occurrences. Why can't this be an automatically created default after I've done it a couple times?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reminder window pulsate when 5 mins out

When an upcoming event is X minutes out (user gets to set how much time) the event's highlighted line in the reminder window will flash, blink, or pulsate, etc. (again, user gets to decide style of blinking and color).

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make the default alert 2 hours for any meetings taking place before 10:30 AM.

A 15-minute reminder does you no good when a morning commute is in front of you.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. "CALL IN" Option for Meeting Invitation

Adjust the Invitation Response Options:

• Yes, I'll Attend... IN PERSON

• Yes, I'll Attend... CALLING IN

• Maybe

• No

Meeting Rooms are booked based on the number of attendees that say they will be attending a meeting. BUT there is no option to say that someone is calling in vs attending in person. So Meeting Rooms are booked based on the "YES" responses but the room size may be far larger than is necessary because of those calling in.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. "Outlook for Mac does not currently support adding holidays to calendars." ?!?!

Where could I even begin to intimate how absurd this is. Holidays can not be added to calenders? That is complete madness. It doesn't even make sense, how can you even plan ahead if you dont know when all the holidays are? Why would you limit this tool like that? Total madness.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 51 52
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base