OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sunrise Equivalency

Since Sunrise is going away please build the same functionality in to Outlook ASAP, including multiple calendars such as Google, quick entry iOS keyboard, etc, etc.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the ability to save event changes and control sent updates for Calendar invites

PLEASE give us the ability to add new attendees to existing meetings, edit the meeting message, or change event details without sending updates to all attendees. Need to be able to make changes, add new people, etc. and have a choice to send updates or simply save without sending updates. Currently only way to edit events on Outlook for Mac requires hitting "send update" and ALL attendees get invite update... leads to a lot of confusion for clients.

299 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow calendar to be set in 15 minute increments

Please allow the Mac version to set the calendar into 15 minute increments and book 15 minute meetings.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Copy appointment to other calendar

I manage multiple calendars but can't copy one appointment to multiple calendars. Please make this possible, thank you!

87 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow for scheduling to have fuzzy/imprecise times

Many Calendar reminders do not need to have an exact time, but rather just a time window. Example: I just need to call Mr. Jones next Friday morning; I don't need (necessarily) to call Mr. Jones at a specific time next Friday morning. These fuzzy times could be set in preferences. This would be superior to the current alternatives, which consist of (1) scheduling "Call Mr. Jones" at a specific time ("9am"), or (2) scheduling it for a time range that represents morning ("8am-11am"). Currently, with enough "fuzzy time" appointments, the schedule starts looking as if one has committed to…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Check availability of a single user with multiple calendars

My user would like to have multiple Calendars in Outlook (Work, Personal, etc...) which would both be visible to other users when others are scheduling meetings and are checking the user's availability. The user is aware of the Category features (within a single calendar) but would like multiple calendars to be visible showing availability.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When adding an event to the calendar, add a symbol which signifies more information inside.

I usually just add a brief note in the calendar, but sometimes there is more information inside the calendar. A symbol of some sorts added to the date panel to signify further information inside.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show as 'Working Elsewhere' in calendar

Add 'Working Elsewhere' to the 'Show as' options for events in Calendar, alongside 'Free', 'Tentative' 'Busy' and 'OOO'.

795 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    49 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. adjacent 1 day views

In the windows version of outlook, I can select multiple adjacent days in the "one day view". This view is helpful for situations like the following: its Wednesday and I want to focus on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday schedule. In windows, I can select those three days in the mini calendar and it will show only those 3 days on the bigger calendar.

In 2016 Mac, I can only see 1 day, work week, full week, month, etc views.

This capability helps the user manage valuable screen space!

Thanks
    Jon

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Outlook calendar entries to OS X's "Today" notification panel

I use the Mac OS X notification and Today panels quite a bit -- they're just a keyboard shortcut away. In the Today panel is support for the Mac OS Calendar, but nothing for Outlook. I would appreciate the ability to add Outlook, so I can see everything in one place.

298 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow users of Office 2011/2016 in Mac to set customer reminders for calendar

I am a user of Outlook on Windows for 15 years and on MacOS for 5 years. There is a feature for calendar reminders on Windows which is not available on Mac version and I would like to request it be introduced in a future upgrade (sooner the better)

I have tested this functionality and confirmed it is available on Windows Outlook 2007-2010-2013-2016 but it is not available on Office for Mac either 2011 or 2016.

When I create a new calendar entry and go to set a reminder, I get the same arbitrary list of reminder times on both…

292 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. A great improvement in users value would be to open for Calendar sync to Outlook.com and other online calendars.

A great improvement in users value would be to open for Calendar sync to Outlook.com and other online calendars.

80 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Auto-Dismiss Overdue Reminders

Add a feature to allow auto-dismissal of Overdue Reminders. It would also be nice to have the ability to specify how long after the event has ended until the reminder is auto-dismissed.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please fix the display of free/busy-permission shared calendars in Outlook

This has been a source of annoyance since I started using Office for Mac 2011 in 2010 – almost five years!

This is the relevant support document: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2876443

679 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add calendar quick view feature

The Windows version of Outlook displays a calendar "quick view" feature where the user can see all upcoming events and tasks, alongside viewing email. This is very helpful as you don't have to keep switching to the Calendar view to look at events for the day. This feature should be added to the Mac version.

863 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  43 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable default overlay of calendar

Allow default choice of overlay multiple calendars

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make lines/boxes between days in Month View darker.

Cannot distinguish between days in Month View because the lines are not dark enough. Very disconcerting and hard to use.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. view non-consecutive days side by side

I would like to be able to view non-consecutive days side by side like i can on the PC. I think the benefits are self explanatory with regards to organizing and moving appointments around.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Change Dismiss button to set Reminder to None

Change the Dismiss button in the Reminders window to actually dismiss the reminder by setting it to None. This would match the behavior of the Windows version of Outlook. The current and past versions for Mac leave the reminder time set so you can be reminded of past appointments you have dismissed erroneously.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. calendar inbox

Allow the calendar to show on the inbox view in the right column like Outlook for Windows offers.

163 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base