OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. WTF Microsoft you disabled the Zoom Plug-in in your latest update? I suggest you put that back in real quick.

There is a plug-in for Zoom, that worked until you last update. Darn it, I look guys every other of your releases is **** in some way. Heard for QUALITY CONTROL? I guess NOT.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the "Share my Calendar" feature in the Desktop client. It is available in the OWA

Add the "Share my Calendar" feature in the Desktop client. It is available in the OWA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Move daily weather forecast to directly above day

Having daily weather is useful but would be better placed at top of each day rather than off separately to top right

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When you have a large amount of invites in the To: field hides the location box and not able to see it and update it.

With to many employee in the To field for the invites hides the location box and can't type in it. That will need to be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Adding people to meetings from scheduling assistant

The flow for adding people to a meeting always feels way more complicated than it needs to be. In the scheduling assistant, I click on the "+ Add New" button in the left side which gives me a search box. Double clicking on the name from there should just drop them into the invite, not open their contact card. The buttons on the bottom blend too much into the chrome to feel like it's part of the same surface...so making them feel like part of the flow would be helpful.

Better yet, just word wheel in the list of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow local and home time for appointments

allow local and home time for appointments

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make conference room auto complete search smarter

When searching for a conference room the auto complete searches from the start of the conference room name. I would like it to search from anywhere in the name. For instance, our company names conference rooms as such: CR UT1-02/UT1-2306 Hamm VC CPR (6). I would like to be able to just type "Hamm" and find the room. Currently I have to type "CR UT1-02" and then pick the right value from the list of rooms on the second floor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ca

Make the Outlook calendar viewable on the computer desktop without opening Outlook. Choose daily, weekly or monthly views and scroll through the calendar to desired day. Allow for editing of daily events and tasks. Add a feature which includes an added notes pop up on a calendar day if more info is needed. The calendar can be viewed at full size or resized to a preferred size or hidden/revealed by a simple key command. Opacity of calendar can be adjusted and choices to highlight the day of event or other aspects of the calendar are available. Include a side bar…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I need automatic Lot Dating (Julian Dating) on the calendar.

I need the ability to see which day of the year, it is on the calendar in the Julian date format.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Let me enter time easier

Let me enter time easier than 1999. :)
    I am in new meeting window. I enter the hour but then I have to enter tab to be able to enter minutes. Why do I have to enter the tab key. Why not let me enter the time free form? Same for dates.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. filter

Add ability to search/filter meetings by organizer or attendee.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How about a working sharing permissions with Office 365?

Calendar sharing never seems to honor the permissions set via outlook or work properly. I am forced to go into Office 365 portal to fix. Very, very confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ask here that anyone who would like to see this behavior changed so that POP and IMAP accounts prompt with the options to Send to All or Se

Would like to see this behavior changed so that POP and IMAP accounts prompt with the options to Send to All or Send to Changed when updating an event

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Outlook no longer syncs availability status with Lync for mac

Please ensure that Outlook for Mac continues to sync availability status with Lync for Mac 201, this functionality has stopped in recent releases of the Outlook for Mac product.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. calendar print huge

When trying to print a calendar or a subscribed public folder calendar the text in the print out is huge and not the same size as what is shown on the screen. Please fix this issue.

Can see examples here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2016-macoutlook/outlook-calendar-print-out-appointment-text-is/0f8ff5f3-aa84-4b47-be84-a5dd7cff11c2

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Saving Historical Calendar, Outlook 2016 for Mac

Outlook for Mac 2016 -- saving calendar history. Please again allow us to save specified date ranges as a separate calendar. That makes it possible to keep historical data without making current calendar file size too large.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Restrict or manage warnings

By default, when you join a network that has a limited access to your mail server (e.g. Guest WLAN), you get a prompt for each account or shared calendar asking you if you accept to get redirected. So if you have 100 colleagues, you get 100 warnings / popups. The option to remember our choice never worked even since Entourage, and the only option to get rid of this windows is to click 100 times on OK or Cancel. It would be great to have one single notification in such cases.
    You get crazy when such things happen because of…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Keep calendar attachments visible in the calendar entry (they disappear shortly after opening).

Once an invitation has been acepted, any attachments in the calendar entry are only visible until Outlook has determined that the invitation was accepted. It looks like this is a bug where the acceptance date/time message is blocking out the attachment line.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. About the reminders that appear: while using a Macbook it would be much more usable if a

About the reminders that appear: while using a Macbook it would be much more usable if the snooze button responded to the touch, rather than requiring a click, hold and drag to select the delay. When you start to scroll to the desired 'Until x' option you often select the wrong thing because you let up on the trackpad and it chooses it for you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base