OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. if you have a layout in the Calendar view you like, save it for all future sessions

you setup the Calendar view and layout but it does not persist between sessions of open/close of Outlook

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. location

Search for Room or Resource by Location

Our company has Multiple Buildings spread across multiple geographic locations. Our previous calendaring system allowed for us to search for available Rooms and/or Resources based on building or location. Would be an awesome add for Outlook to support the same since all the framework already exists our AD.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have a function to email calendar - like in Outlook2010 - to show availability

In outlook 2010, you were able to email your availability to assist recipients to book meetings with you. I cannot find it in Outlook O365

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. recurrence

When coming onto a project or joining a company, one might often get invites to events that recur but whose meeting started prior to joining the project or company. Allow one to accept an event but only for those dates going forward from the current date/time as some people use calendars to track their history as well as coordinate their future.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Meeting Conference line

Meeting tab in calendar that would allow for conference bridgeline info to be stored in preferences and then option to add into meeting request.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add the ability to forward a calendar, as on the PC version of Outlook.

Right click on a calendar and forward to others. When you create a shared calendar you can forward to your team to add their out of office. This is possible on the PC version of outlook, but not the MAC version

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. url

Provide the ability to subscribe to web calendars within Outlook

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Test a clock widget (instead of time selector) for picking time in calendar

Outlook should maybe try to test a clock widget instead of time selector for picking the time (for meetings, appointments etc.). Is it better? We don't know, that's why it should be tested. I see Outlook asa

Ideas comes from here and it doesn't belong to me but to the author of the following article: http://uxmovement.com/forms/why-a-clock-widget-is-easier-for-picking-time/

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Meeting location scroll down list

=> Meetings/Appointments => Location (List)
    The Mac implementation currently does not support a scroll down list of previously used meeting locations. The scroll down button is already in place but does not work. The Windows version can do it easily. Pls. enable this function also in the Mac version.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. In Outlook for Mac, please include the Calendar view in list-mode a in OL for Windows

In Outlook for Mac, please include the Calendar view in list-mode as in Outlook for Windows

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add a vacation appointment that allows you to invite people as informational so that your boss can get your

Add a vacation meeting type where you can have informational attendees who get the meeting as an all-day event showing free on their calendar while it shows out of office on yours. This would be very handy in informing people of your outages.

There might be other use cases for the informational meeting type to inform that a meeting is occurring, but not remind or expect attendance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow additional email address to be included when you accept/reject a meeting request with comments.

Allow additional email address to be included when you accept/reject a meeting request with comments.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. WTF Microsoft you disabled the Zoom Plug-in in your latest update? I suggest you put that back in real quick.

There is a plug-in for Zoom, that worked until you last update. Darn it, I look guys every other of your releases is **** in some way. Heard for QUALITY CONTROL? I guess NOT.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add the "Share my Calendar" feature in the Desktop client. It is available in the OWA

Add the "Share my Calendar" feature in the Desktop client. It is available in the OWA

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move daily weather forecast to directly above day

Having daily weather is useful but would be better placed at top of each day rather than off separately to top right

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When you have a large amount of invites in the To: field hides the location box and not able to see it and update it.

With to many employee in the To field for the invites hides the location box and can't type in it. That will need to be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adding people to meetings from scheduling assistant

The flow for adding people to a meeting always feels way more complicated than it needs to be. In the scheduling assistant, I click on the "+ Add New" button in the left side which gives me a search box. Double clicking on the name from there should just drop them into the invite, not open their contact card. The buttons on the bottom blend too much into the chrome to feel like it's part of the same surface...so making them feel like part of the flow would be helpful.

Better yet, just word wheel in the list of the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. allow local and home time for appointments

allow local and home time for appointments

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make conference room auto complete search smarter

When searching for a conference room the auto complete searches from the start of the conference room name. I would like it to search from anywhere in the name. For instance, our company names conference rooms as such: CR UT1-02/UT1-2306 Hamm VC CPR (6). I would like to be able to just type "Hamm" and find the room. Currently I have to type "CR UT1-02" and then pick the right value from the list of rooms on the second floor.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base