OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Extend the disable date for the Mac Outlook Webex plug in

The current date to disable the injection based Outlook plug in on Mac was previously June and is now October. Most users are not aware of this change and development/planning is still underway to convert users to the add in framework. No formal notice/notification has been provided and the dates seem somewhat fluid. We would like to ask that you extend the disable date and push towards the end of the year (as previously advertised), and set a firm date so the other providers/vendors have time to enhance their add in features.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Configurable "Show As" options

With the Work From Home and people needing to control their calendars and make visible they are assisting kids with school work or caring for elder parent or putting breaks for wellness. Would be nice to have a new status and color to represent these so others booking meetings know you are not avalable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow a user, to make the meeting outlook request, that is sent to another user, a specific color instead of the typical default calendar.

Allow a user, to send a meeting outlook request with a Color choice of the the senders preference-Like red-and have that color preference transmit to the recipents outlook...with the purpose of it standing out since it is a different color.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show relative time in reminders even when they cross into a new day

Reminders for events that happen at midnight use an absolute time (e.g. "Tomorrow, at 00:00") whereas all other meetings count down with relative times (e.g. "in 15 minutes"). It would be my preference to have it default to the relative time (for example, if it was 23:45, the reminder would show "in 15 minutes") even if it crosses into a new day, or at least have it be configurable to show relative times.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hide Unaccepted Meeting Invites

Currently, all calendar invites that aren't accepted show up slightly grayed out. This feature would allow you to toggle on and off showing unaccepted meeting invites so that you could see the meetings you have committed to easier with also having the option to see possible meetings as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On calendar, change sub hourly lines dashes

Change the sub hourly lines to dashes rather than solid lines so they contract more with hourly lines. Outlook for the web is like this and much easier on the eyes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. attendees

Make scheduling view available for all meetings and not just when the user is the organiser. New Outlook for Mac doesn't give access to the scheduling view for accepted meetings. It also doesn't allow the complete list of attendees to be seen where there is a large number of them. Scheduling view is useful to see who is attending, and sometimes look for other times that might be suitable when alternative times or follow-up meetings are required.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow me to manually book focus time in Outlook

I like the Focus Time feature that puts Focus Time on my calendar. But often I would like to add more Focus Time. How can I do that?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make it easier to add someone to a meeting if they DECLINE but change mind

Have the ability add someone back into a meeting easily if they previously declined by letting me change their status or be able to FORWARD from the view where the meeting is open. There is no FORWARD option when the meeting is open (edit mode). :( It is only visible when I am not in the meeting and right click or highlight and go to the top of the screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Optional invitation for invitee in calendar

Need to add optional line when you create a calendar invite so you can just add the person in the field

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow recipients of a calendar invite, either a meeting or appointment, to be able to edit the invitation title

I want to be able to edit the title of received invites. Reason being, I want to have the same protocol on my calendar for MEETS, CALLS, ACTIONS etc. Senders operate to different ways of working but without editing it, my calendar is a mess. Clearly, if the invite is updated by the sender, I may need to reedit the invite.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Public holidays

Include calendar for public holidays

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the word "subject" to "objective" when creating a meeting.

This will force the person creating the meeting to focus on the outcome of the meeting and state it when inviting others to participate.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a "link meeting to recording" feature to outlook

Add the ability to add links to Microsoft Teams meetings to meettings in Outlook so people who missed the meeting can easily watch.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unable to open calendar invites files to add meeting

Unable to open calendar invites files to add meeting sent as attachment. Files opens but you are not able to save this in the calendar. Trying to edit the invite and then send to yourself does not work either. Outlook 16.40

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Invitations: Allow user changes to Reminder time and Show as status beyond Organizer updates

Invitations: Allow user changes to Reminder time to persist beyond Organizer updates to the meeting. If the user prefers a 30 minute reminder, and the Organizer set a five minute reminder, WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE SERVING BY DELETING THE USER'S PREFERENCE IF THE ORGANIZER UPDATES THE EVENT? I would argue that you're not serving either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we get a way to highlight the current day in the Work Week, Week, Month & List views?

If you look at the monthly calendar view - you're already almost there. Portions of the calendar that are in a different month have a grey background.

Excellent - now extend that idea with an option to put "Today" in a different background colour than the other days in the current Week/Month/List.

Another idea is to create an option to make days other than "Today" have a different colour background.

Please do this everywhere you display appointments/meetings other than the "Today" view.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Open installed onenote application instead of onenote in browser

First off, thank you for getting one note integrated into Outlook, albeit in a not-so-perfect manner

Currently, when you open onenote notes from a meeting, outlook prompts for opening one note and when the user selects, it opens out one note in the browser, even when onenote application is already installed.

Can we modify the behavior to open the one note application directly, if it is already installed?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Removing one calendar invite on a series issue

Wanted to provide a defect. When you are in the outlook calendar view and you have a meeting series, if you right click and try to just ‘remove occurrence’, it deletes the remainder of the series invites. (Mac iOS - version 16.35)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base