OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A feature to force or suggest all calendar invites for meetings/appointments to have an alert/reminder.

It would be great to have a feature that can force all calendar invites for meetings/appointments to have an alert/reminder. It doesn’t happen often, but at times a meeting organizer forgets to add a reminder alert and that can cause issues when attendees don’t get a reminder notification. Even having updating the code/program to look to see if there is an alert, and if there isn't one asking/suggesting an alert be added as one imports the new invite would be helpful instead of force.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add agenda items to individual meetings in a series

Attendees and organizers who have a series of meetings should be able to add agenda items to a specific instance of the meeting. Currently, I have a series of 1:1s (some of which I organized and some of which I'm an attendee). Most people in our company track the agenda items for those meetings in Google docs because there's not easy way to add agenda items to a meeting without resending the entire invitation. Many meetings scheduled in a series don't have a fixed agenda for each meeting; rather, each meeting needs its own, flexible agenda. Ideally, this agenda would…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Revamp "Agenda"

I've described here with the details, would love to contribute down the line

https://miravmehta.wordpress.com/2020/10/17/agenda-is-to-decide-what-went-wrong-with-outlook/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Working from Home to the "Free, Tentative, Busy, Out of Office" list.

In the world of Covid-19 almost all of our employees are working from home. We we do get back to the office it will not be in full-force even post-covid. Would it be possible to add a Working from Home or Working Remotely option to the drop-down menu for status?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. android update time of alerts

When an outlook alert first appears on android it says "14 minutes until meeting starts"
    However, if I look at my phone an hour later, it still says "14 minutes until
    meeting starts" which can be quite confusing, since it's no longer accurate.

Suggestion/feature request: update the alert time as a meeting approaches so that if you see your phone "after an alert" it will be accurate as to how much time is remaining.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Callendar in Teams and Outlook

why my calendar form Outlook dost't show up in Teams?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a setting in Preferences to have the "Microsoft Teams" button enabled by default in new Outlook calendar invitations.

Now that our meetings are nearly 100% done through Teams (as opposed to meeting in a meeting room in the office), it would be so nice to have the option to set the "Microsoft Teams" button to be automatically turned on, by default. That way we don't have to remember to turn Teams on and keeps us from mistakenly sending out Calendar invites without having Teams enabled.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please make it possible to hide the blue "current time bar" from the Outlook calendar, or just make the line go away entirely!

Please make it possible to hide the blue "current time bar" from the Outlook calendar, or just make it go away entirely! It is driving me nuts, and I just spent 30 min googling trying to find a way to hide it, but it seems there isn't one. Thank you for considering!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Change the color of the calendar reminders when time is up.

The reminders in Outlook calendar are blue with a message that counts down the minutes until the appointment, but it is hard to tell visually once the appointment has started because it just has a small note that changes to saying now. It would be helpful if the whole reminder flag changed from Blue to another color when the time is up or close to up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scheduling should allow setting meeting times visually

Right now, it's quite frustrating when trying to schedule a meeting. I have to manually change the date/time fields in order to get the schedule view to show peoples' availability.

In Google Calendar, this is much easier and far more intuitive. There are "left" and "right" buttons allowing me to cycle between different days, and I can click on a time window itself to set the meeting time to be in that window.

(General note -- I used Google Calendar at my last company, and it is generally easier to use and more intuitive than Outlook for Mac.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add "Update tracking information, and then delete responses that don't contain comments"

Make it possible to turn on the Outlook function "Update tracking information, and then delete responses that don't contain comments" that is available in Outlook for Windows.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create "Quick Add" Template Calendar Events

It would be great to be able to create template events that can quickly be added by a single click or in the right-click menu. For instance, I like to pre-plan my week and fill up time with "focus time" or make sure breaks are scattered in. It seems silly to have to create a new event, change the privacy, category, reminder every single time when I do this ~15 times/week.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Get St. Albans updated. I hear its residents are very pernickety.

Very small bit of feedback. The weather for my area calls the town “Saint Alban’s”. The town’s name is Saint Albans - no apostrophe - written as St. Albans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Albans

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please provide show national holidays option for Mac user

Please provide show national holidays option for Mac user

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Calendar: Set up a feature so 'Allow Forwarding' can be turned off by default.

Calendar: Set up a feature so 'Allow Forwarding' can be turned off by default. Accidental forwarding has already caused a data breach for us.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. in outlook mobile app there is a button/tab for calendar however I understand from MS there is a limitation for calendars.. what's the point

in outlook mobile app there is a button/tab for calendar however I understand from MS there is a limitation for calendars.. what's the point n having a feature but not useful.. ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create new follow up meeting

Once a meeting is complete and a goal has not been achieved, people have a habit of moving a meeting to a new time slot instead of creating a new follow up meeting losing all history of the previous meetings.

A quick click "Create follow up meeting" would make keeping history of meetings in place and quickly find the right time slot to follow up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Notify the user that a meeting series is about to expire

As an example, users may schedule a meeting series weekly for 6 months and may forget that a meeting series is going to end at the 6 month period. We should receive an alert or automatically generated e-mail on the day of the last meeting stating that this is the last of the meetings in the series, would you like to extend or create a new series.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base