OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. That you incorporate color marking capabilities right in the calendar invite acceptance email

That you incorporate color marking capabilities right in the calendar invite acceptance email

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow editing w/o sending an email

Can you add a feature that allows people to update / edit calendar invites without sending an email update each and every time to the people on the invite? This causes unneeded emails being sent out and can almost be seen as spam to users on invites that get edited frequently.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. iPhone/icloud Calendar Syncing.

It still doesn't work even with the so called workaround using Outlook Web. Make it easier for the Apple / MS eco-system!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add Tick Box To-Do list features on Outlook Calendar, on all platforms.

Add Tick Box To-Do list features on Outlook Calendar, on all platforms.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Do not remove the ability to list more than 4 all-day events in shared calendars in the web calendar.

Do not remove the ability to list more than 4 all-day events in shared calendars in the web calendar. We suddenly can only see 4 rows of info for all-day events such as employee days off, holidays etc... in the web app. I've been given conflicting info as to whether this is the new expected behavior or not. Support fixed it 3 days ago but the issue just returned.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When you add an event to your calendar and set it as 'Out of Office an automatic email should be generated stating the out of office times.

so say you are going on holiday for a week 1st of Jan -7th of Jan, you put it in your Calendar and set it as 'Out of Office' that action in itself should set up your Automatic reply email stating the dates "George is out of the office and will be back on the 8th of Jan. Yadda yadda'

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clickable link in calendar reminder window

I would like for it to be easier to click a URL contained within the location field of a meeting (to join an online meeting) — from the Reminders window.

I should be able to click the URL from the reminder window to automatically join the meeting.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. to be able to import holidays into the calendar

I work with teams internationally and it would be good to know, and for them to know when is a local holiday, for example Thanksgiving in the US...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Name an appointment without having to open it

Until a recent update, when I created a new appointment on my calendar, I could name it right there in the calendar, it would select the text "New Appointment" and I could replace it. Now I have to open the new event to edit the title. Please restore previous functionality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I suggest you enable calendar browsing by mouse/trackpad, as at the moment it's only possible clicking on the forward backward button.

I suggest you enable calendar browsing by mouse/trackpad, as at the moment it's only possible clicking on the forward backward button. Ironically you can browse forward and backward in the calendar by mouse/trackpad when you schedule a new meeting or open an existing one, but not in the main calendar view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search Total Time

When I search for an event in my Outlook Calendar, I see columns for the Subject, Location, Start, End, and Recurrence Pattern.
    Is it possible to add a tab for “Total Time” of the event (ex. 2.5 hr.)? Or to see a total number of hours for the event when searched?
    Would be helpful to search how much time has been spend on specific events or projects with reoccurring key words in the subject.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option in Calendar list view 2 see who/when someone w/in a shared cal has created/modified an appt (i.e w/assistants who sched for others)

It would be nice for there to be time stamps on when calendar appointments in a shared calendar are created & modified; also by whom did these tasks would be great when someone is able to access/schedule on behalf of another.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Annoying Outlook reminder window on Mac

Allow a customisable time setting for the reminders window to popup on Mac (and maybe Windows as well) instead of popping up ALL THE TIME like it does now. It is so annoying that it constantly pops up with reminders and doesn't drop behind the main window like it does on Windows - SO ANNOYING

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for drag and drop/copying items from one calendar to another.

On the windows version of outlook, you can simply drag items from one calendar to other calendars and it will copy the event over to that calendar.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. template appointment

Please make available the option to save a calendar appointment as template.

Under Windows I used the "save as" > template for appointments often. Unfortunately the "save as" is disabled in appointments, while it is available in e-mails (which I use even more often, too).

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meeting Room based on availability

May I request that (like in the iOS Outlook app and the O365 mail) when in Outlook for Mac, when scheduling a meeting, that the default list of meeting rooms shows ONLY the meeting rooms that are available at the time of the meeting? This would be amazing! I’m happy to talk more or show you what I mean. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show numbers of accepts/reject/tentative/ in a calendar meeting event

Be able to see the total numbers of who accepted, rejected, tentative or not responded to a meeting tracker.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sync Outlook Calendar to Google Calendar

Sync the entries from other accounts and locally stored calendar entries in Outlook for Mac to the Google Calendar online.

965 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Send to OneNote-for meetings I schedule

When I open a meeting from someone else, I see the "Send to OneNote" button. (Very nice). It copies all the relevant meeting information to the note and I'm off to the races.

However, when I open a meeting that I've sent out, the "Send to OneNote" button is no longer there. This is especially troubling because the meetings that I schedule are usually the ones where I need to scribe notes. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow formatting text (specifically bullet points) for writing agendas in calendar invites

Allow formatting text (specifically bullet points) for writing agendas in calendar invites

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base