OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Need technical support? Please report issues using Contact Support in the Help Menu.

If you are using the New Outlook for Mac, please visit our forum dedicated to that version at:  

https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/924856

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please do enable Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin under MacOS Catalina

Please do enable Zoom Microsoft Outlook Plugin in MS Outlook for Mac under the latest version of MacOS Catalina.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow color coding for large blocks of time (weeks, months, quarters).

Allow color coding for large blocks of time (weeks, months, quarters). Color coding events is great, but it would be super helpful to be able to color code large blocks of time. Project based scheduling would benefit from this feature.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The calendar downloads are not working in new outlook!

New outlook download calendar appointments from the web it defaults to mac calendar instead of to outlook like in the old version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. allow a user to create and accept new meeting proposals in IMAP Gmail

As a user, I need to be able to create and accept new meeting time proposals.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Limit "Overdue" alerts lookback

When Outlook starts working with a new calendar, it slowly pulls all the events that were ever recorded in the calendar. Obviously, they are very very very long overdue. For instance, I get alerts from 2011. This goes on for weeks if not months of popups asking me to dismiss more and more alerts.

Proposal: have a configuration option to ignore events that are older than a certain threshold. By default, it should be, IMO, not more than a year and better immediate.

Note: since once I have dismissed all the wrong alerts (which, again, takes a lot of time),…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Deadlines function for calendar

Introduce a deadlines function for calendars to help users keep track of upcoming tasks. The "Meetings" function is not useful for this. A large number of academic institutions in the UK use Outlook. Students need visibility of deadlines.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I suggest you in Outlook, to have possibility "to switch off" automatic deleting e-mail

I suggest you in Outlook, to have the possibility "to switch off" automatic deleting e-mail if e-mail is indicated as meeting invitation. Because very often "this kind of e-mails" - invitations, consists "meeting invitation link". And if you have connected/sync mobile phone with desktop comp, you can simply lose invitation link.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow clicking links in meeting reminders to launch vc sessions without opening the event.

When reminders pop up with VC links in the location, it would be great to be able to click on the VC links directly rather than clicking the reminder to open the event and then copying the link to a browser. This is the experience I have on the OS X client, not sure if this is true in other clients

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a static mtg ID option -

Is there a way to schedule a meeting using Teams with a static meeting id? I schedule weekly back to back one on one with my individual team members and I don’t want to have to leave one meeting just to have to join another. I want to schedule their meetings, I join and then they each join at their scheduled times. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Use Custom Signature for allotted time frame

It would be great if Outlook had similar functionality to Out of Office messages where a signature during a designated time period. For instance, we a company is promoting a special event, the "event signature" would drop off after the event is over and revert to the standard signature.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Viewing calendar

In Outlook for Mac, people who has permission stronger than reviewer can open the calendar, but people who are not Reviewer or under can’t view the calendar. Please make it possible for people who doesn’t has reviewer permission to open calendar with using Outlook for Mac.
    Reviewer user to open calendar

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Update monthly calendar view

Make the monthly calendar view scrollable by one week at a time. I use this in my work PC to view current jobs and those coming up on the calendar. It is very time consuming to have to change back and forth between months the last two weeks of the month

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. recommend to the platform designers to include in an update an option to unlink this special coding between calendars, as color is in place

please recommend to the platform designers to include in an update an option to unlink special color-tagging coding between calendars, as color is in place to help in organization and not disrupt these systems; for a user whose calendar I help manage, the color coding is useful for them (using these multiple colors for this one person's calendar), but, it conflicts with the color coding system I find useful for my work (which aligns one color per person); it seems to have been developed by the user applying tags to certain meetings in their calendar. As when someone changes the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please add holidays to calendars. Not able to add international holidays.

Please add holidays to calendars. Not able to add international holidays.

209 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Android schedule mismatch at Mac Outlook while Windows Outlook set the same schedule as Android.

When I open a new schedule at my Android phone calendar for a whole day schedule, it appears two days at the Mac Outlook while my Windows PC Outlook does show the same schedule of Android.
    For a schedule at Android which is not a whole day, for ex. 1~2 hours, it does showing the same schedule at Mac Outlook as well as Windows Outlook.
    It looks like local time manipulation has problem.... because even though I make a schedule at Seoul/Korea time, it does appear to be set as UTC time.
    When I make a schedule at Mac, however,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Outlook and Teams are overlapping when it comes to calendars ...

Could you please make it easer to jump from outlook directly into a teams conversation and the other way around?
    It simply makes no sense to have the same calendar in two different tools with different interaction patterns.
    Why do you even develop products with different interaction patterns for the same purpose? I mean really: I am a UX Designer and I just don't get what you are doing ... its kind of a pity.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please allow shared calendars to be grouped.

When opening a high number of shared calendars for scheduling purposes, e.g. a manager's direct reports, it would be much, much easier to be able to group these calendars and expand/collapse as needed. Currently, you would have to open up the address book to verify who is on whose team, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base