OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Message Gets Automatically Deleted If Recalled

Message Recall - where once you hit the button, the message gets deleted from the recipients' inboxes, whether or not they've read the msg.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Marking e-mails with ink

How many times do you receive (long) e-mails that you keep in your inbox because you want to return to them later, e.g. to check one of the links that was included? Problem is, anytime you do go back to this message, you have to read everything again because you don't remember anymore WHAT it is you wanted to check later. Here's where siple inking would come in handily. Let the user mark the section of the e-mail (s)he want to check later.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. customize BCC

Allow the ability to customize and set a BCC email address by default, instead of having to enter an email address in the BCC field every time.

Currently, you can only set to BCC yourself as default.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please spell check prior to sending for MAC OS...it does this on windows, please make the addition to MAC OS

please spell check prior to sending for MAC OS...it does this on windows, please make the addition to MAC OS

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. High importance button and sensitivity

Have high importance button and sensitivity (Private, confidential etc.) in new emails and meeting invites so that these can be marked accordingly.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Requesting Outlook for Mac have an image attachment file resize utility. To both resize the image(s) and show the outgoing email size.

We have an office of over 100 employees often sending images between design teams. Our previous email client application had the ability to resize images to lower resolution at the time of sending an email. Without this feature in Outlook we have found more difficulty in our workflow.

253 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I suggest you not to limit custom dictionary size.

It is quite weird to get this message: "The custom dictionary is full. The word has not been added."

What is the limit? Is it really necessary?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Block email from (accidental) premature sending

Add a feature (either a button that you can press in the window) or a symbol that you can add to the sender-field, that makes it impossible accidentally send the email before you have finished it (e.g. by pressing Command/Ctrl+Enter). In order to send it you have to "unpress" the button/remove the symbol. This way you wouldn't have to remove the emails to your recipients to prevent the email from sending unfinished.

Addition: If you try to send it, a pop-up-message tells you why you can not send it if you have accidentally used this feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. "Other email address" option on From field

In Outlook for Mac you cannot Send-As from certain accounts because there is no option to choose "other email address" as there is on Windows Outlook and other clients like Outlook on the web.

The ability would mirror this: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/send-email-from-a-different-address-in-outlook-on-the-web-86024662-75ab-40d5-b32c-39690d7a0b34

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "To:" instead of "From" on the Sent messages - Search

I select "Sent" because I want to find an email sent, the "Search" space, when I type/select the name, should be "To:" not "From:"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When searching in the sent folder the parameter should be defaulted as "to:" vs "from:"

When I search for an email I've sent to a specific person in the sent folder the default parameter is "from:" which does not make sense since all emails in my sent folder should be from me. The default should be updated to be "to:" in the sent folder. This was the case on the previous version of Outlook but since upgrading to 365 this functionality no longer exists.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unread Emails

I am using Outlook on iMac and I find it difficult to find unread emails in case an email is too old. It shows count of unread emails but where are they?
    If there could be a tab where we see the unread email that would amazing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I am really annoyed at Outlook for the Mac. It installs all these folder that I don't use, like: Favorites Archive Clutter Online Archive Co

I am really annoyed at Outlook for the Mac. It installs all these folder that I don't use, like:
    Favorites
    Archive
    Clutter
    Online Archive
    Conversation History
    RSS Subscriptions
    Sync Issues

I don't use any of these, and they take up valuable space that could be used for folders that ARE IMPORTANT TO ME. I don't want to have so many folders that I have to scroll down a long list to find them.

Can we get rid of these folders? It seems like Outlook keeps adding a new folder every year. We users should have an option to display or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Customization of the Message Ribbon

Allow customization of the ribbon for Mac users. Every day I need to scroll to right to access the button to add a link to an email.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Voting buttons in Outlook

add voting buttons like PC version has...

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. From, To, Subject alignment

Is there a reason this is not aligned? https://imgur.com/aCvW4no

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reduce the size of the attachments in the reading pane.

Reduce the size of the attachments in the reading pane.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. After searching for an older email and closing that message it can take awhile to scroll back to the top of the messages list. I would like

After searching for an older email and closing that message it can take awhile to scroll back to the top of the messages list. I would like to suggest the option to have a place to do a single click to be able to quickly get back to the top of the messages list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. FEEDBACK FEEDBACK If you were able to make outlook access a virtual proxy email server that would allow server side email filtering rules u

FEEDBACK FEEDBACK

If you were able to make outlook access a virtual proxy email server that would allow server side email filtering rules using the IMAP protocols OutLook would become my default email program.

It should be possible to have an exchange server request all email from all accounts that a single person user has then run global and account specific rules on the exchange server and then update the individual email account servers (gmail, apple, yahoo…) whenever the user uses outlook to access email.

By interlocking the proxy exchange server rule filtering to outlook you (Microsoft) maintain the user…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Insert Link in Outlook - Office365 for Mac has a drop menu listing recent documents. This would be much more useful if the drop menu includ

Insert Link in Outlook - Office365 for Mac has a drop menu listing recent documents. This would be much more useful if the drop menu included collapsable “Recent Links”, Recent Headings (essentially an anchorpoint) and then “Recent Documents.”

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base