OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In the past, auto correct left proper nouns alone. This would be preferable to the current situation, where it is very difficult to quickly

Can we revert to the auto correct of the past, where proper nouns were not corrected? It is very difficult to quickly type unfamiliar names, when they are always incorrectly auto corrected.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revise the autodiscover dialog. It states remember my settings but the dialog is

Autodiscover dialog is confusing. The remember my setting works until your remove a calendar or mailbox. So next time you open a shared calendar you will be asked to allow the autodiscover again. Very confusing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Delete email reponses linked to history. Especially when the contact email is changed.

Delete email responses linked to history. Especially when the contact email is changed. The old address still comes up as an option. This could lead to serious mistake with confidential information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. View by conversation not being shown as read.

Messages in Conversation view get marked as read, but the conversation still shows messages as being unread. If you switch out to view by date and then back into view by conversation the messages then are displayed with their read or unread status correctly.

This is a bug in the software and has been commented on quite a lot see this thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac/forum/macoffice2011-macoutlook/outlook-2011-mac-showing-read-messages-as-unread/5e6158cb-4536-41b8-9858-d34df554a6cc?db=5&auth=1

Can you please resolve this problem in your next update ASAP

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. can't rename folders in Outlook for mac connect to exchange 2013. Click and it reverts back to untitled folder

can't rename folders in Outlook for mac connect to exchange 2013. Click and it reverts back to untitled folder

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable again a fixed and memorized margin for the left column

Enable again a fixed and memorized margin for the left column
    In this new version, the margin of the left column is not saved. Each time I open Outlook, I find the margin back to its default position, too much too the left to my liking. Every time I change it again, and every time its lost again. It is very uncomfortable.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Apply a category to multiple selected emails or entire conversation

This is a feature that was in Office for Mac 2011 and is in the PC versions.
    To be able to select multiple emails or a conversation and apply a category to the entire selection.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reply to email address option for sending mail from "other SMTP"

I travel frequently. My default mail provider does not give me the option to send mail when not connected to their networks. They dont have coverage where I go. I then need to use a different SMTP. Mac mail offers a list that you can choose from. I would like similar, but want it to look as if it was sent from my incoming mail account. A reply to that will "force" replies to the email to my incoming account will suffice.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Outlook Mail (Preview) is TERRIBLE. Please give us the previous version back.

The Outlook Mail (Preview) is TERRIBLE. Please give us the previous version back.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folder Size sorting should sort by the actual size, not by the string value

From your inbox, if you right click any folder, and select "Properties", then select the "Storage" tab, you will see how much space this item occupies. However, if you try to sort by either the "Size" column or the "Total Size" column, the sort is string based, rather than sorting based on the numerical value of the actual size of the folder(s).

For example, if you have folders A (2 KB), B (5 MB), and C (1 MB), currently the ascending sort would put them in the order of:

C, A, B

When the ascending sorting based on the size…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put back ability to move emails by groups to folders created under Inbox.

Outlook used to have a great function: one could move groups of emails with a single drag and drop into a folder created under the Inbox on the left side of the Outlook screen. It was one of the best reasons to have Outlook.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow message list "hover" effect to be disabled

Please add a preferece setting to disable the highlight (turning gray) effect when moving the mouse over the message list in a mailbox. This is the rollover / hover effect. It is really annoying because of the terrible lag. I have a "tall" monitor in portrait orientation, and this highlighting is very, very slow and laggy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I suggest you allow users to vary the font displayed on the Outlook screen. Outlook 2011 was better

Users might be enabled to vary the font displayed on the Outlook screen. That on Outlook 2011 was better than the present compressed format.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Autodiscover Redirections to be set using AppleScript

You already allow to use AppleScript for Account autodiscovery like that:

autodiscover email address MyEmailAddress user name MyExchangeUserName

I suggest to enhance that feature so that one can also set trusted server redirections like this

autodiscover email address "MyEmailAddress" user name "MyExchangeUserName" trusted servers {"autodiscover.mycompany.com"; "autodiscover2.mycompany.com"}

This would eliminate the GUI dialog shown to the user when the server redirected to is not already trusted.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. deceased accounts timeline improvements network

you need to make better to update the security email on existing account when cannot access make possible to put on a new email listing or phone number and bring down the time when an account is closed from 2 months to 1 month the extra month is to long for some other matters to happen and when some is deceased all that is needed is to alert you at hq that the account needs to be closed you do not need to have other info to verify to closed a deceased account that is stupid and pointless and it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assign a category to an e-mail, then retain that category after it is sent. Currently the category goes away.

In Outlook for Windows and Entourage, I could assign a category to an e-mail then send it without losing the category. In Office for Mac, the category disappears.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restore malware blocking on the computer to the Junk Folder

I am a long-time user of Windows OutLook, and used Office for Mac 2011 prior to upgrading to 2016. At work, we use an Exchange server with protection and AV to protect us from getting malware, and at home, I use Comcast email, with max settings to block malware set on the server. I also have an AV program on my Mac at home--but as you know (I assume) they don't touch OutLook. Even though the server blocked some email, I was still surprised how much malware and SPAM was blocked by the OutLook 2011 Junk Folder. Since upgrading to…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow CSS style to be added to outgoing emails

I like the ability in Apple Mail and Thunderbird to be able to set a CSS style for the outgoing emails by adding the style tag to the signature line. This allows me to controll the padding above and below some items (in particular I really like to be able to have the space between a paragraph and its bullets below to be 0.

It would be awesome if this could be added in some way so that the outgoing HTML email had a style tag in it or the signature could be HTML and the style from that applied…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unread Emails Per Tab

Please bring back the feature that lets you see how many unread emails you've received today. This also works when you collapse all of your emails by today, yesterday, last week, two weeks ago, last month, etc. This helps when knocking out emails in your inbox because you can quickly see emails you need to get to by the time periods.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Outlook - Emails Unreadable - Retina Display - El Capitan

I can't read e-mails. After update OS X to El Capitan, font was changed and e-mails unread (in bold) are unreadable.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base