OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Mac

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook for Mac? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Need technical support? Please visit Microsoft Answers.

NOTE: Do you use Outlook for work? Use our new forum dedicated to business use; https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/335538-outlook-for-mac-business

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set Reading Pane to light/dark mode as default when Switch Background is used

When switching emails/views in Outlook, light mode set as background doesn't stay as a default option and reverts back to dark mode.

723 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    126 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Dark Mode in Reading Pane

Please make the preview pane appear dark in dark mode. The current implementation hurts the eyes and is woefully inconsistent with the rest of the application appearance.

1,337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    127 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please revert to the white reading Pane in Dark Mode

Dark Background in reading the email was not good, before was much better. Dark Menus and Light Reading Background

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add "Recall this message" function for mac!

Please add "Recall this message" function for mac!Every time when I would like to recall an email on my macbook, I need to open the Parallels Deask for windows and then open the outlook for windows to recall the email. It is so annoying. More importantly, in "recalling" situation, time is of the essence. In this sense, after I accomplish the two steps aforementioned, the reciever has already opened the mail and I would fail in the recall unfortunately.

423 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I suggest you add Archive feature in Mac version exactly as in Windows version.

Archive feature in Windows cleanly allows storage of mail offline in a *.pst file. Archive functionality is missing in Mac Version. I carry 53 GB of mail with huge syncing and spinning issues.

274 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add dark mode to message composition window

Thank you for finally adding dark mode to the reading pane on Mac OS Desktop version. Now please add it to the compose message window! Or at least the option to toggle on and off please....

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add the vote buttons. My work uses it all the time and I am left in the dark on my apple.

Please add the vote buttons. My work uses it all the time and I am left in the dark on my apple.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide conditional formatting for email

Provide conditional formatting functionality that is in the Windows version of Outlook to the Mac version.

139 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keep last email (email thread)

sometimes we have a lot of emails as conversational emails (forward/reply) I wish if we have a way "keep the last email" -FOR REFERENCE instead of deleting each email in email thread manually.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. To have an option to see the exact email address used in the email that received (or sent).

Please support such feature to be able to see exact address used to send or received an email when either hovering the mouse over the name or double-clicking it.

549 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add voting button function to Outlook for Mac

Voting button is available for Outlook running on other systems than Mac. Please add the voting button function to Outlook for Mac .

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I suggest you add spell check before sending as an option.

I suggest you add spell check before sending as an option. Yes there is spell check as you go but spell before sending is better and what people are used to using outlook. Not sure why the MAC version has to miss such clear essentials.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to created new folders in Outlook when using Gmail. It was there and was removed on the later update.

I was not able to create new Folders in Gmail while using Outlook as the client with Gmail setup at IMAP or POP.

Need to feature Immediately.

This feature was there in previous versions.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Marking e-mails with ink

How many times do you receive (long) e-mails that you keep in your inbox because you want to return to them later, e.g. to check one of the links that was included? Problem is, anytime you do go back to this message, you have to read everything again because you don't remember anymore WHAT it is you wanted to check later. Here's where siple inking would come in handily. Let the user mark the section of the e-mail (s)he want to check later.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Requesting Outlook for Mac have an image attachment file resize utility. To both resize the image(s) and show the outgoing email size.

We have an office of over 100 employees often sending images between design teams. Our previous email client application had the ability to resize images to lower resolution at the time of sending an email. Without this feature in Outlook we have found more difficulty in our workflow.

252 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. customize BCC

Allow the ability to customize and set a BCC email address by default, instead of having to enter an email address in the BCC field every time.

Currently, you can only set to BCC yourself as default.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color quoted text

Please consider implementing color quoted text, similar to Apple Mail which supports different colors for three levels of quoting. :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. pin calendar and contacts and tasks on the side like in the windows outlook version

pin calendar and contacts and tasks on the side like in the windows outlook version

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In Outlook 2016 for Mac, if you forward a meeting invite, the meeting invite/email is not listed in your Sent folder. This should show Sent.

In Outlook 2016 for Mac, if you forward a meeting invite, the meeting invite/email is not listed in your Sent folder.

This should show in the Sent email as proof that the meeting was shared out and record the time it was sent.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. read receipts for ALL emails!!!

I have important emails sent out when i may forget to select read receipt on. please make it so that we can save it for ALL emails sent out! This is available on other platforms but i love outlook client... this is the only fault.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 150 151
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Mac

Categories