OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New feedback from Outlook.com

When the items in a folder are displayed, at the top it says NEW or EMPTY FOLDER.
    It is too easy to accidentally press EMPTY FOLDER and delete all items in a folder.
    How about only having EMPTY FOLDER display for the DELETED ITEMS folder?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New feedback from Outlook.com

Is there a way to totally block those emails with the incredibly long addresses, ie: the ones with apparent random numerals and letters.
    Perhaps make a secondary Junk box (called Junk Ridiculous) for emails with addresses that are longer than "x" characters. Also it should have an auto empty feature that the user could set.
    The problem is persistent and doesn't seem to have a solution.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New feedback from Outlook.com

GIVE US BACK THE ABILITY TO DISABLE MESSENGER SIGNING IN AUTOMATICALLY WITH NEW OUTLOOK VERSION. I DO NOT WANT TO USE MESSENGER AND DON'T APPRECIATE NOT BEING ABLE TO TURN IT OFF.

HAVING TO CHANGE MY STATUS TO INVISIBLE EVERY TIME I LOG IN IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE FIX.

PLEASE LISTEN TO YOUR USERS FOR ONCE. I'VE SEEN THOUSANDS OF POSTS REGARDING THIS ABUSE OF PRIVACY.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. New feedback from Outlook.com

You really need to make this new user interface more customizable. I can't stand it in it's current form. I get a lot of emails daily and I see no reason why each one needs to take up a significant portion of the screen. Can't we change the box size or the font size in some way so that I can see more than 10 emails at a time? There's way too much wasted space and it is a really inefficient setup. I've had my hotmail account for about 15 years but I really may have to migrate to a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. New feedback from Outlook.com

My partner and I have been very patient through the migration (my account was upgraded in November and his remains not upgraded at the present time). We have been without access to our shared calendar for almost 4 months, through the busy holiday season and now beyond. Representatives have given us no indication of when we will have shared functioning calendars again. This has been a stupidly long time and is very frustrating and disappointing.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New feedback from Outlook.com

The system add automatic 15min reminders although I make sure in options that there is no reminder. why?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New feedback from Outlook.com

MS Outlook.com Team,

Please please please consider the following enhancements to your Outlook.com web mail

1). Please allow the use of wildcards in blocking email addresses OR
    2). Please allow to be able to block .stream, .download, etc. trying to do this sort of domain today says it's invalid! MUCH spam comes from these types of domains!
    3). Allow our blocked sender list to be searched, sorted alphabetically, and exported!!

Thank you very much for your time and consideration to this feedback. I really want to continue using Outlook.com, but if this SPAM (which has suddenly started a couple of…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New feedback from Outlook.com

Recently I noticed that almost all my GOOD mail was going to the junk mail. In an attempt to try and stop that, I deleted all the block email address'. It still happens. Also, previous to that, I had trouble with blocking emails because unvarifiable emails were getting in and the system would not block what is supposedly not there. It would not just take out the unverified, leaving me to go through one by one to find the one it would not remove. Very frustrating and time consuming.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New feedback from Outlook.com

Go back in time to when Outlook worked smoothly. Now it takes forever to open, it says the Certificate is not correct, letters are dropped, and new version will not load.
    I know you are going to tell me to try a new browser but isn't Edge a Microsoft program?
    Frank Fotheringham

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. New feedback from Outlook.com

Why doesn't hotmail work?
    When I delete emails, they're still there. When I try to move them to folders, they don't move. When I read them or try to mark them as "read," they still show up as unread. When I try to create rules, the rules do not apply. My inbox showed almost 800 messages this morning. After deleting hundreds of emails, I still have 694 messages. When I empty folders, they do not empty. This is an ongoing problem. My email is linked to several important accounts, and I don't want to have to link all those accounts…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New feedback from Outlook.com

The updated outlook is horrible. I search for people and it can't find them; however, if I scroll down through the list I can find them. The ones I can it selects but does not add correctly and when I send it I have to go back in and do it again. I can reply and it replies with a short address, therefore it won't go through.

****** Program.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New feedback from Outlook.com

I want to know why I have certain senders always in my Junk Email folder, even though I repeatedly say "Do not block sender". I also see the reverse where SPAM keeps showing up in my Inbox.

You need to significantly improve your SPAM filter; if I have indicated a message subject and body is SPAM several times I expect it to be marked as such. Also, if I say a sender is not SPAM then I expect to see the messages in my Inbox.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. New feedback from Outlook.com

How about keeping the spam and junk-mail out of my inbox? The junk mail button you have provided is ineffective and i should not have to push it 60 times a day. i also use gmail and do not have the same experience with mail there. Maybe you should call them and ask how they make their email filter program work so well and implement ideas like theirs...

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New feedback from Outlook.com

Please, please, please provide a way to send an email to "Support". I followed the instructions today and instead got routed to a "Virtual SomethingorOther". I typed in my very annoying, continuing problem and was sent back some information that was of no value. Then I was offered the opportunity to "chat" or "join the community forum". I was to CONTACT SUPPORT, and receive a real answer to a very real problem.

Same thing with the Microsoft Games. I've had an unresolved problem for a year. I keep making posts, but I want to contact someone by email who can…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New feedback from Outlook.com

When I click on certain webpages from my email I get You don't have permission to access on this server.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. New feedback from Outlook.com

maybe make outlook calendar sync with outlook calendar that is native on windows 10...
    seriously by a mac and copy icloud and apple calendar. you obviously don't use windows for your daily computing.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New feedback from Outlook.com

PLEASE DISABLE THIS FEATURE NOW
    I do not need to have full-day private events automatically added to my calendar without warning and without my consent! How dare you modify my calendar without my permission. And I am particularly perturbed that there is no information attached to these events about how to turn off this feature. Searching help returns nothing useful or relevant!

I share my calendar with my wife, and all she could see on her Windows phone "idle" screen today was "Private Event" all day, because my Outlook had automatically added an all day event marked "private" that was…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. New feedback from Outlook.com

Hi.
    First, I have placed several unwanted solicitation messages in the "Junk" box. However, these same messages continue to clutter my "In box". Perhaps, you could create a program to remove those mailers on the "Junk" list before they continue to appear. Something, like a "filter".
    Second, could you place a system like you already have for deleted messages for junk messages. One click and the "Junk" box is empty.
    Rick Howard

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. New feedback from Outlook.com

allow us to move individual messages from the web interface. My emails are grouped into conversation, and right now we can reply to individual messages in a conversation or mark them as unread but in the recent update we cannot move individual messages to other folders from conversation view.this option should also appear in the drop-down

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. New feedback from Outlook.com

dear outlook mail I've been receiving e mails from my own email (nubleo217@hotmail.com) in all three of my emails the advertisers have BEEN USING MY E MAILS IN MY OWN E MAILS WHICH I CANT BLOCK--- SINCE I CANT BLOCK MY OWN EMAILS --- THAT CAN ONLY BE IN TERPETED THAT
    THE ADVERTIZERS ARE OR THEY ARE HIRING HACKERS TO SENT ME EMAIL WHICH I CANT BLOCK
    unsubscribing to the advertisers does not work thay only sell or transfer my email id to some one else
    QUESTION ---- HOW THE HECK ARE THEY DOING THAT ??? --- ALSO…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base