OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook.com

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename the default Calendar

It woyuld be great to make it possible of renaming the default calendar

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sync iCloud Calendar to Outlook Calendar online

I can sync the iCloud Calendar to Outlook 2016 by installing iCloud for Windows on my PC and checking Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks. But as you can see from the second screen shot, the iCloud Calendar appears only in Outlook 2016. You can see iCloud, ARLENE's iCloud Calendar checked in the left pane of the Calendar in Outlook 2016. In the left pane of Outlook Calendar online, you can see iCloud, but nothing else. My goal is to add calendar events in either iCloud Calendar, Outlook 2016 Calendar, or Outlook Calendar online and have them all sync without issue.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Published Calendar displays more than 6 months in the future

I would like the published Calendar from Outlook, when posted to a website, show more than 6 months in the future. With my business I often work 12 months in advance and no events or instabilities show more than 6 months in advance. Google Calendar of course will do that, but I have been trying to get all my work into my Outlook account and not use Google.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. INternal tabs for Calendar/Contact/task

Like Yahoo is doing. Or like the Outlook client is doing as well It makes sense to have those services opened up right in Outlook.com instead of opening up a new browser tab

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disable Flight/Hotel check In reminders

Please disable (or require an opt-in functionality) to add flight, hotel, car rental and package delivery from your interface. I work in the airline industry and we get thousands of calls a month from customers asking why they got an email to check in (when they can't) because your email is sent outside of the check-in window. It is very confusing to customers because they think it is coming from the airline, hotel etc. I see there is a way to disable manually - but thinking this should not be the default. If this isn't valuable to customers - consider…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To be able to delete multiple entries on the calendar

The ability to delete multiple entries on the calendar

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Calendar invites should let you specify From address

If you have multiple aliases or connected accounts on your Outlook.com account, there is no way to send a Calendar invite out from those accounts. Currently the Primary account alias is always used, and the default From setting is ignored.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically update calendars to reflect deleted flights, etc., on my calendar and associated shared calendars

When I change or delete an event that was automatically added to my calendar and to someone else's calendar, (such as a flight reservation), that event should be automatically deleted from my own calendar and from the other person's calendar.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to edit/delete Facebook®-sourced events like birthdays from Live® Calendar

Why am I still receiving emails of Birthday reminders imported from the Facebook® data if no secondary calendar "exists." Why is it still punctually sending me reminders about everyone's birthday who was my Facebook® friend at the time?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. dont want to receive birthday reminder emails

we should be able to stop receiving birthday reminders for people we hardly know at personal level.

254 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re working on improving the overall experience with birthday calendar and daily agenda mail to make it more personal and relevant. If you prefer not to receive your agenda in mail, you can opt out by going to Outlook.com > Settings > Calendar > Agenda mail.

11. tasks in outlook.com

Yesterday my Outlook.com site was upgraded.
    Now, it's not possible anymore to add new tasks (or view tasks, in general). Please, add this feature again.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Optional Birthday Calendar e-mail notifications

Remove compulsory e-mail notifications from the birthday calendar. Please tell me if it is possible to remove the notifications or make it easier to accomplish.

Regards
    Filip Sjöstrand

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow setting a timezone for a calendar event

Allow setting a timezone for an event in the calendar

224 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Calendar colours

Please add in more colour choices for calendar. And make them streamlined with the Outlook.com app for iOS and Android. It gets confusing when the app updates and the colours go haywire! Otherwise, it looks great!

171 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    55 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Outlook calendar scheduling

Why it is not possible to change the scheduling view from hours view into days view. I think it would be usefull to have a scheduling view including several days of a week or of a month on one screen just to be able plan long term project staff. Currently you just can see only one day (60 minit, 30 minit split...) Cheers!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Monthly calendar view

I frequently use a monthly view when I review my calendar. On the old "hotmail" calendar, if there was a day when I had more events than shown in the monthly view (more than the 2-3 rows allowable), I could click on the "3+more" or "4+more" button on the bottom of that day and it would expand the rows in the monthly calendar to view them. Now, on this new calendar, there is a "+3" or "+4" at the bottom of the day, but it does not expand the rows for that day/week. Thus, I can't get a good view…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PLEASE add an option for me to select my own time for reminders. EX: Meeting reminders for my outlook come in intervals of 5 min. Well 5 m

PLEASE add an OPTION for me to select my own time for reminders or a 2 minute option (something shorter than 5 min). EX: Meeting reminders for my outlook come in intervals of 5 min. Well 5 min is too long and at time of event is too short. 2 min is perfect because it allows you to get logged into your meetings and not have time for someone to interrupt you and forget within 5 minutes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Calender View multiple weeks

Hello,
    currently Outlook offers 5 different standard view in calender (day, working week, week, month, planning view). I'm often using a view of 2-4 weeks in my calender, by marking manually multiple weeks in the menu bar. How can I define a default calender view with an own defined time range? It seems this is just not possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calendar Search

I would find it very helpful if there was a search facility in Outlook Calendar as I have calendar entries going back 20 years and would like to be able to quickly find a historical entry via a key word.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View All Appointments in Monthly Calendar View

Hi, I'd like to be able to have the option to see everything I put on my Calendar at once instead of having to click each individual day while in Month view.

Thanks.

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base