OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook.com

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Stop Trying to Force Everyone to Use the Cloud

As much as I love the cloud for convenience in my personal life, it is not possible professionally as psychologist. Microsoft is making it harder and harder to protect privacy in Outlook and Office. Give people a choice. The latest thing is the inability to sync Outlook 2019 with Itunes. I sent a similar complaint to Apple. Play nice. You are both great companies.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multiple Calendars In Peek / To-Do Bar (Outlook 365)

Bring back the ability to view multiple calendars and/or other calendars (ie. Shared Calendars) in the To-Do Bar (View/To-Do Bar/Calendar) of Outlook 365.

Not everyone uses the default outlook calendar, and many people have separate business (outlook) and personal (Gmail) calendars that they like to see as one in the side bar.

You allow us to see all our calendars in the "Calendar", but not in the To-Do Bar when we "dock to peek".

130 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to remove note to self emails

I do not wish to receive emails reminding me of people's birthdays that are no longer run my life o am not able to find how to erase them and deactivate them!! Please add a section where we can manage what birthdays are on the account

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Bring back the calendar month view

New update is awful. I want to be ankle tho view the whole month by default then press a day to view that. A few dates at the top then mostly blank screen if no appointments is no good!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. out of office color too faint

Hello Microsoft,
    When creating an all day out of office event in Outlook 2016, it is very difficult to change the shading to make it as noticeable as it was in previous versions of Outlook. Is there any way to make the distinction stronger by default or give end users a way of customizing this? Thanks!

571 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Some of these programs interfere with the layout of the calendar in the monthly view

I got a new computer, and the calendar worked fine. After installing Norton, Steam, Origin and the Office365 pack, the colours are now bugged. All events have coloured text and no background colour. As described and shown in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/ocalendar-oaddtask/windows-10-calendar-month-view-changed-layout/e0dc25b8-2a29-4ba5-a68b-357e245a0069

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Set calendar for appointment

Please give us the option to change the calendar an appointment is stored and also select the calendar where an appointment is added when an invitation is accepted.

I use different calendars, some of them are shared, some not. When I receive a meeting invitation it is always added to my main calendar. And since the new beta version it is not even possible to change the calendar of a self created appointment.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Calendar on mobile month or just day in one view

On my mobile the calendar only shows the day in hours. I would at least like to see the whole day in one view. I would also like to see a month calendar please.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We’re working on improving the overall experience with daily Agenda Mail to make it more relevant and personal. If you prefer not to receive your agenda in mail, you can opt out by going to Outlook.com > Settings > Calendar > Agenda mail.

10. Calendar has lost an enormous amount of functionality. No longer able to include other participants and not able to add email reminders

Calendar events have become unbelievably simplistic in the beta. Why would you remove so much functionality? Please add back functionality to invite other participants and to send email reminders and multiple reminders to all participants.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Darker Out of Office on Calendar

I wish the out of office setting on the calendar was a much darker color to clearly show when out for the full day. Past versions of outlook had the calendar setting being much darker so it was easy to see outages, I wish it would be that clear again.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Calendar Updates

Calendar Updates via webpage or andriod app need to be instant and not wait 5 10 minutes for the info to show,

I have put very important information into the event and it dose not show making you think the update has not happened this is bad...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change default canledar name, more functions

1 Allow changing the name of default calendar.

2 the time shown in front of each clander event is so untidy, 12p, 1p, 1:30p, what is this? this is not clean, neat and tidy at all!!!

3 Layout and functions refer to Apple's clander, including drag and move a whole single event to another day. button position, symmetry, beautiful

4 introduce Chinese calendar

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Agenda calendar view

Google's Gmail calendar has a calendar view called 'Agenda'. It allows you to print your agenda in a list format. You can print your agenda for the current month, following month or whatever month you like. If the Outlook calendar people could copy this idea it would be great!

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple time slot support for meeting invites and selection and schedule of meeting based on response/selection

Often meetings that are organized between two different organizations are done so by two Points of Contact who have visibility into the Calendars of the anticipated attendees, each respectively for their organizations.
    Often this requires an initial email thread which exists solely to identify an acceptable time between all attendees of the two (or multiple) entities. Of course support for multiple entities is much more complex and would need additional feedback loops and acceptance between 3 parties, so that is most likely out of scope for an initial implementation, and as such, I will reduce my description to a 2…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Maximum number of people who can accept!

Add a number limit of people who can accept, for meetings that are based on first come first served basis. A function that stops people accepting the invite once the maximum number is reached.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Import .ics file and calendar

I am using Outlook Beta and I understand that Outlook Beta currently does not allow the import of .ics files and calendars.

Please implement this feature before making Outlook Beta live.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Unsubscribe

Hi. I dont want to daily email notice fron my outlook calendar. Please dont spam me with these letters.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We’re working on improving the overall experience with daily Agenda Mail to make it more relevant and personal. If you prefer not to receive your agenda in mail, you can opt out by going to Outlook.com > Settings > Calendar > Agenda mail.

19. Want YEAR VIEW calendar

Please give me an YEAR VIEW calendar. I usually don't use the day-view calendar. I use only MONTH VIEW and YEAR VIEW. PLEASE MAKE YEAR-VIEW CALENDAR AS DEFAULT CALENDAR FOR ME.

I use calendar mostly for finding which day (Sun/mon etc) of Which week (first or secon week etc) falls on which date. This helps me in pre-planning. I don't use automated reminders, rather I need pre-plan the multiple tasks based on available working days and holidays.

So please give me year view calendar.

Also I use calendar to COMPARE dates and days in different month and years (such as…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rename the default Calendar

It woyuld be great to make it possible of renaming the default calendar

37 votes
    Vote