OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tool Tip warning user when a folder contains too many items and causes performance degradation

We have been advised by our Premier Support engineers and the Product Group that folders, specifically the calendar, should not have more than 5'000 items. When there are more than 5'000 items, the user will experience significant Outlook performance issues. The user has no way of knowing, today, that this is a problem or that a folder with more than 5'000 items will cause Outlook performance issues. For many users, a mailbox's size is virtually unlimited and there is no real thought to managing the number of items in any particular folder. The two principle problem folders are Calendar and…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to disable default charms in calendar events

I use only the browser version of the calendar on outlook.com. I hate the charm icons that automatically appear next to appointments and events that I create or edit in my browser calendar.

For example, a cake charm automatically appears when the event contains the word "birthday", or a knife and fork charm automatically appears when the event contains the word "lunch". These charms add visual clutter and take up valuable space. I find them silly, useless, often irrelevant to my event, and a nuisance. By making the charms a "default" feature, Microsoft assumes all users need or want such…

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grey out past days in Calendar

Simply add a pattern or grey out days in the past - enable them still to be read/accessed, but obvious in week view

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. grey out past events in outlook calendar

We just switched to Outlook from Google calendar and there was a choice to grey out past events. This was helpful on a visual level to see which events were in the past. Any chance outlook can get this feature?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Configuration for "Invitations > Control how invitations, responses, and notifications are handled", on outlook.com not shown on desktop

This issue is regarding Configuration options for outlook.com"Invitations > Control how invitations, responses, and notifications are handled, not visible on any desktop computer browsers. Only visible on iPad browser.
    While the look of the account on outlook.com can be different across browsers and platforms. But I am unable to understand how and why some options are available only on a particular browser. No other browser on any platform shows this option (unless you change the user agent on that browser to state Apple Safari (iPad)).
    This difference implies discrimination between different types of users based on their platform, which is…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Needs Bikram Sambat Calendar

Nepal along with different part of India use Bikram Sambat Calendar. So, it needs to be kept in Alternative Calendar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A way to aggregate multiple calendars for sharing

SUGGESTION FOR: Outlook Web App / Calendar

CONTEXT: I work at two cross-affiliated institutions that use totally different systems (Microsoft and Google) for emails, calendars, etc, and it's a huge hassle to manage both. I wish to sync everything up and setup one main Outlook calendar that I can share with everyone for planning meetings/events. However, it looks like calendars can currently only be shared separately.

SUGGESTION: Add a way to allow aggregating multiple calendars into one for the purpose of sharing/publishing. Bonus points if this feature can also be used with calendars sync'd from other services such as Google…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow bcc meeting invites

At the moment I'm running numerous meetings via Teams, using an Outlook invite. At present there is no way to hide the other invitees, who might be outside of my organisation. This means I'm giving away their email address, which is a potential issue under GDPR.

If meetings had the same option as emails, to bbc and send to yourself, the other attendees would be anonymous until they accepted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Invite Attendees wont accept email address with o'apostrophe

When inviting attendees to new event, Outlook Calendar now won't accept email address with apostrophe eg in format "john.o'smith@agency.gov.xx" (generates error box "One or more attendees have invalid email addresses"), even though same email address is used to send emails and even forward received calendar events. This is a new development. Outlook used to let me invite to this (same) address - now just get error - is there any setting in Outlook Calendar to fix this incorrect error/block ??

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Snooze reminders for longer than just 5 mins.,one hour,etc...ridiculous that there isn't any options longer than 2 hours (IE: 8hrs or 1 day)

Snooze reminders for longer than just 5 mins.,one hour,etc...ridiculous that there isn't any options longer than 2 hours (IE: 8hrs or 1 day)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow multiple locations on one Booking site, enabling services to link to virtual options or available locations for service.

Enable Bookings add-on to set up multiple locations and provide one central site/page for all customers that coordinates availability for virtual service appointment and location-based services. Some of our work can be done virtually and other things require an in-person/office location visits. It would be great to be able assign staff to specific locations, assign services to specific locations, and allow centralized scheduling from one page/link.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add month view to mobile calendar view website

I want to access calendar on a mobile device. And although the website shows the calendar I want The View of the Windows 10 calendar app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increments / option for 30 min instead of minutes instead of the scale.

Increments / option for 30 min instead of minutes instead of the scale.
    The scale “runs” and is extremely frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The calendar is in day view (on an Android phone). I can't find a way to change to week or month view. Is this possible?

The calendar is in day view (on an Android phone). I can't find a way to change to week or month view. Is this possible?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fade out previous dates

I want to be able to fade out previous dates and appointments.

Now today's date is highlighted but it would be great if all previous dates could be grey/lighter. Also it would be good if today's date is wider than the others in 5 days a week-view so that it is even more clear which appointment is next in the calendar. Since the "timeline" is all over the week in this view this could be made clearer.

The calendar app WeekCal has these features and it is very nice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I’m thinking about the tecnología and is great but us working with that and I’m thinking more happy yours customers more name the company ha

I know for sure all is important in this world tecno , and I see the contacts, calendar and apps for txt who has your number, need much but much atención. I can’t explain exactly but my computer today has a calendar Julie 2019 , but in the had the goog date . Contacts they made you crazy whit you name on Facebook, whith in twitter and google,I’m really attempting about all that and I know they play and buliing like that , and be carful whit assisibilites I’m thinking this is for how really need , no for every

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. limit attendees for meetings

Create a function to limit number of people in a meeting. (in case there is only a limited number of seats available.)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom calendar permissions for federated users

Please make it possible to set "Default" calendar permissions to AvailabilityOnly and give federated users custom permissions (For example "Reviewer") between EXO mailbox and federation domain.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. recovering accidentally deleted calendar items

A calendar item is easily accidentally removed. Can you make a folder with deleted items so we can put them back if needed. A right mouse click could do the job.
    Same time, changed appointments are stored in the same folder in their original settings so we can recover them too. Specially when using apples calendar the time of an appointment is so easily changed.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. name does appear on the calendar. In the past I would click on the name a couple of times and it would let me choose the options of a

This is making me neurotic. I've been working on this for 2 months and can't get any help. I have a simple hotmail account through outlook.com. In the past when I would add a new contact, I would also add their phone, mailing address, and birthday. Adding the birthday would automatically make it appear on my birthday calendar. Upon clicking on their name on the birthday calendar 2 or 3 times, I would be able to choose the options to be reminded 1 week before and ALSO WITH EMAIL, which would make it send me a reminder email 1 week…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories