OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Create Calendar items from emails

Allow users to highlight text from an email message and create a calendar item with that information already populated into the 'description' of the event.

For example, someone sends you an address or directions to an event. Highlight that information from the email, click on a button or option and create a calendar event that has that information copied into the description already.

539 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
chauwell@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is coming in the new version of Outlook.com. If you don’t already see it, you should soon see “Reply all by meeting” in the drop-down menu next to “Reply” when you click on a specific email. Hope that fits your needs. Thanks for the feedback.

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see on the outlook app you can reply all then click on the calendar icon to add that email to the calendar as an event it send to all in the original email - it does not let you delete any of the emails on the chain or put in an exact time - you can choose a time on the hour or half hour but not any other times like :20 or :35 past the hour

• HARVEY BILT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been 2 1\2 years. what is taking so long. This is the one thing I miss from apple mail.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be cool to have a feature like "create calendar events from this email" and it would then prompt you to create a calendar event for each one, pre-populating the date, subject and start / end times.

this is good. but doesn't populate the calendar event with any time/date/location from the email

How do we disable this feature. Our company does not want to have flight, hotel reservations or car rental events popping up. Can we turn this feature off for either individual or the whole company?

• J S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with stein and Daniel:
    Please don't make it just a meeting invite - I use it more for my own appointments, doctor visits and the like, etc.

I just want a button that:
    1) opens a calendar event,
    2) imports the text of the current email into the description/details (or gives the option to do so),
    3) looks for an address to populate the location with
    4) looks for a date & time to fill in appropriate fields.

Even if half the date/time items are wrong, I'm MORE than halfway done!

This would annoy the heck out of me, I get lots of dates sent through email that have nothing to do with anything I need on my calendar

• Diane Poremsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stein: Reply all by meeting will open a meeting request - delete the attendees, change the time and date as needed then click send to add it to your calendar.

If you use Outlook desktop, you can drag messages to the Calendar module icon to create a new appointment with the message in the appointment body.

• Stein Erik Paulsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

“Reply all by meeting” - hopefully this does not mean actually sending an invitation to a meeting? At least that is not what I want. I want an easy way to create calandar events from an incomming mail.

• Daniel Luiz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old Outlook app allowed me to take the text of an email and use it in the description of an appointment on the calendar, that was great because a lot of m e-mails are in reality appointments and it saves a lot of time.

I would like his feature in both web and mobile platforms

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base