OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Create Meeting from Email

Maybe I am missing this, but I find it annoying when scheduling appointments online for my boss that I have to open two windows to see the date/time of the meeting in the email and then have to schedule on the calendar view. Is there any easier way to get back and forth between two or have a way that you can click the information to create a new appointment?

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Melody Lee Quick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This functionality is coming soon in the new outlook.com UI. If you don’t already see it in the drop-down menu you access by clicking the down arrow next to “reply” when you’ve clicked on an email then you should see it soon.

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mpkossen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, only events from a preset list of senders are automatically added to the calendar. I would propose either allowing users to whitelist additional allowed sender addresses or to consider e-mail sent from any address for automatic calendar event creation.

Example use case: an e-mail forwarded by someone that contains a hotel or flight reservation that you would like to see added to your calendar as well. These are currently not added automatically.

• sampiper@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a link in email that allows me to create a calendar entry from the message. the fact that you can't to do this is - just call it "not helpful." The fact that there is no comments block in the beta version's calendar entry is insult to injury.

• Andrew Kwashnak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enable being able to create a calendar event based on the date/time included in the email and have the entire email body included in the Notes of the meeting/appointment and the address entered for location.

• joebobguy@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Events automatically added to the calendar from emails is a helpful feature that helps me organize my life.
    However, making these events automatically have reminder emails is disruptive, annoying, and intrusive. Furthermore, having no option to disable these automatic reminders is a horrific oversight.

I've been forced to disable the useful feature in order to avoid the truly awful one. Please change the default behavior to no automatic reminder emails and instead make that an optional feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have a link to schedule an event in a contact, my suggestion is you would make it do something besides coming up with a blank dialogue box. Just a suggestion.

• Steve Turok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to change an email into an event.
    I mean when I am reading an email, sometime I would just need to sent it to my calendar as it is, just to add there the date and time.
    Could you add an even button that would just open the email in a "new calendar event"?

Would love to create a meeting from a mail item - e.g., email notification of a booking and create an email from that. (Extra feature: Allow me to forward this to somewhere at Microsoft to apply AI to recognise the details for future - but only if I say yes please.)

• Angela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to add an email to the calendar as a reminder. Similar to how I used to do it in the actual program on my computer Windows Live Email or how it is done in Outlook.

• Luigi Rosolin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I using outlook mail and before Window live mail: How an email event can be addict to calendar in simple ways?
    Thanks
    Luigi

• Allison B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In outlook.com, I want to mimic the abillity i have in the windows outlook program - - -
    from an email in any folder you can select it, and drag it to the calendar or contacts icon,
    then it will create a new calendar event or a new contact

• Peter Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Convert an email to a task/reminder. I would like to have a reminder later in the day to action an email.

• ryanwhiting@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was a button that would turn an email message into a calendar event. In Gmail I can press the more button and then create event. It copies the email contents into the calendar event. If you could add that, that would be amazing!

If you wanted to make it more amazing, you could somehow have the event be able to link to the original email if we need to reply etc. Also, maybe it could extract out dates and times so I don't have to fill those out manually. These would be just icing on the cake. I really just want a quick create event with the email message copied into the notes.

• Candido Martinez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I placed an order through the Microsoft Store and received a tracking number for each of my packages. These tracking numbers however did not show up in my calendar even though I have Events from Email turned on in my Calendar settings.

• Andrew Duirs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I appreciate the auto add feature but want to be able to add email content manually to my calendar. This is very important for ZERO inbox philosophy and I can do so using the desktop version but not the web version.
    Thanks

• m.rahimi@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    Could you please put a link above each email so that we can send the email directly to the calendar to create a TO DO or reminder event? A good sample is in the AOL email.

Thanks
    MR

meetup.com allow users to simply click on an email from them to add it to the calendar.

• Tony Canonaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, can you guys integrate email and task with the Calendar. When I go through my emails , I pick out the people I need to call or visit . it would be great if I can convert the email into a calendar appointment.

Same goes for Tasks.

Most people spend their time on their inbox , like me!

If you guys do that, you'll have the best email app around.

Tony

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base