OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Bing map integration for the location field in calendar.

This functionality would allow a user to add addresses from bing maps directly into an appointments and launch navigation to the destination from the calendar. A similar experience can currently be found in iCloud calendar.

524 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Trace Pearson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Osman Beyaztas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wokrking on it since 2015 and still no result? THis is standard in GM apps. This si a big miss. Would be great if the location would have the bing functionality. Else it's nothing else than a standard text field

• Brenda Stubbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use outlook calendar but it does not good unless I can map location for appointments. Why is this not available yet? You are behind the times when it comes to this feature.

• Brenda Stubbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to use Outlook calendar 2016 but cannot. I need to map location for appointments. I am really surprised this feature is not already part of calendar. Why do you have a location but cannot map it?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if this feature was added. I moved to outlook from google and this feature was great and intuitive.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, this is odd. Where is this feature?
    Back in the dawn of time, there was Outlook.

Not much has changed since then!

• Osman Beyaztas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are now 2 years further and i still don't see this feature in outlook 2016.. Am i missing something? The competitor has this great feature.

• Wynn Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the Calendar Location Field to use Geo Coordinates so that a map can be used for a location which lacks a street address.

• Jerome Cozart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When filling a location for an appointment/meeting, Outlook should search contact addresses as well as names on Bing.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i love the maps and calendar integration for communicating and organizing real-time efforts to many different agendas at once. Yet another stroke of genius from you Microsoft. YOU ROCK

• J S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maps integration in general. Right now if I open a meeting on my phone, I almost have to type them into my default maps app to get directions. This is silly.
    When I open an item on my android (or other) phone, it would make sense if the location was tap-able (w/o editing the item) and would automatically load itself in my default mapping app when tapped.
    Would this be possible?

• SpinFight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a consultant, I am working from different physical locations.
    I miss a option in the Outlook Calendar, where I can specify my location without having to block the calendar with an item (meeting). I imagien this as being displayed in the background combined with a color identification, showing this clearly when my colleagues look into my calendar.
    This information can of cause be combined with the location of the meeting to calculate expected transport time.
    Accepting a meeting with a different location should automatically update the physical location in the calendar to this after the meeting is completed.
    Accepting a meeting as "online" participant (e.g. via Skype) should of cause not affect the location.

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base