OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook.com

Integrate a task management (todo-list) system that is worth using!

Currently, Microsoft (at least) has four different tasks/todo systems, and they are all half-baked. I would like to see Outlook.com combining all of them into a well-arranged view.

1) Tasks from the Outlook.com Calendar. Simple, straight forward tasks, with no form of grouping or list-building.

2) Tasks Cortana creates for me, including person-depending and location-depending reminders. Would nice to have a place where I can see, add and edit them. Especially when Windows 10 is here.

3) Flagged Emails: After flagging a number of mails, I can't see all of them anymore on the top. It would be nice if they would integrate themself as tasks which then could be categorized and added to lists.

4) OneNote based todo lists. Of course, not everthing that gets an check box in OneNote should pop up in Outlook, but a system where I can choose, which notebook-pages should be added as a todo lists would be nice.

These are the four, consumer facing ways I know how to create a task/todo item within the Microsoft ecosystem. At the moment they are loose ends, none of them well enough thought out to become the single todo app for me. But that could and should change.

3,925 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ludger A. RinscheLudger A. Rinsche shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under review  ·  Microsoft BookingsAdminMicrosoft Bookings (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thanks for the detailed feedback and comments on this. Like you’ve noted we, as a company, have put work into tasks and task management before and it is an area we continue to give thought to as there is still improvement to make. I will pass this feedback and the comments on to the right folks for more consideration. If I can share anything substantive back, I will. Thanks again for the feedback and engagement.

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick JonasPatrick Jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welcome to update on Microsoft tasks outlook admin ideas OneNote based system management at pajenterprises. fully id tasks.

• Emily GallichanEmily Gallichan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this would be very useful. I'd like to see a lot of the functionality from MS aquired Wunderlist get added into Outlook - sub-tasks, better shared task management for teams etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My previous phone a Nokia Lumia 520 had a Hotmail Calendar.
        It had a separate Task List and a Completed list.
        My new phone a Nokia Lumia 640 XL LTE I can't find this app and have to use the Outlook App it doesn't have this so I can't easily check some reminders that only occur yearly.
        The ability to program reminders by number of days, weeks, months or years is excellent.

• Mike JohnsonMike Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make sure you include sub-tasks and the ability to drag and drop an email copy into a pre-existing task.

Do to the latest Windows 10 updates. I have been unable to update the settings for the Windows MailCalendar app, suggested by the windows notification. Yahoo states

"Hi Jessica,

Your account is currently not enabled to sign in from apps, that do not meet modern security standards (ex. Older versions of mail and calendar apps such as Outlook). As a result, we prevented a sign in to your Yahoo account (jaon4wheels). "

Re-setting this app does not solve the problem. My only option is to wait and hope that the next automatic, windows 10 update fixes the problem. What I don't understand is why the option to uninstall is not available for this app. I would've thought simply uninstalling and then reinstalling it would help.

Ever since the operating system (OS) switched from Windows 7 to 10, the updates have caused more harm than good.

It looks like I can no longer added a time to the due date of a task. Could you please put back the feature to add a due date time to a task?

Wunderlist, now owned by Microsoft has a lot of potential. It is an integration app for outlook.com. It has good cross-platform apps. I've used it in ios and in Android. I was looking forward to it being an add-in for Outlook.com. However. the Windows 10 Wunderlist app seems to have taken at least one step backwards. Formally, on all three of my platforms I could customize the interval for repeating tasks. That no longer appears to be the case. I now have five choices: never repeat, repeat every day, repeat every week, repeat every month or repeat every year. THose are totally inadequate.

• Kevin YorkKevin York commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you do work out the task manager, please be sure it integrates with the Microsoft phone as well.

• Geert BulckensGeert Bulckens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many apps for todo lists and still many people use Excel cause these apps often lack one or more basic requirements. Sometimes I wander how IT-people handle their own todos ... Planning is clearly not the strength of IT sector.

I absolutely agree with this! The most pressing problem though, is that Outlook tasks on my pc do not appear in my lumia 650 outlook calendar. Frustrating.

i would to have Microsoft with me at all times , i would love Skype and i can not spelling her name , you ask her to do something for you its Croatian , need spilling check all ways, i di not what you main ,demon fiscaro.13@outlook.com, was my , i had to make a new account , now know fiscaro.13@outlook.com, please tell me why i had to do this ,thang you for your time

an ORDER-SYSTEM so that you can find easely the 'todo' mails (mails you have today not the time but you must answer them a another time)

• Alan WAlan W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please provide a way to sync Tasks much like email and contacts. Thank you!!

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base