OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Import old junk mail rules rather than starting from scratch.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the new Outlook.com - great job, and please carry on making it more excellent.
I'm a bit peeved, however, by the emails asking me if a just-received email was junk or not. Typically that's triggered by an email to myself, and I'd think those are easy to qualify. I also get the same "junk/not?" prodding after each email I send myself, and I'd think the rules stick.
Lastly, I'm now getting emails which previously (before beta) had long been filtered as junk.
Thanks for listening!

4,303 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dragos Avadanei shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having this issue over two years later! I think one of the issues is that marking a message as "Not junk" doesn't automatically add the email to the "Safe senders" list, which it used to do.

• Jeff Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really if the **** stuff still gets through to a city server this coul be serious. Out here in west Texas the last thing we need is to hit a button and live **** comes on. My gosh. Marfa texas uses y'all for all city photos but are thinking of changing their server because of this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email that I say is junk mail ends up in my inbox and some that should be in my inbox goes to junk mail folder. I believe Microsoft only wants people to see what Microsoft deems appropriate. Otherwise Microsoft would do what the people want and FIX IT! Just FIX, IT! It's a simple 3 step process. Step 1. Fix. Step 2. It. Step 3. FIX IT!

I agree will all the email suggestions..its so time consuming..then after deleting them you have to redelete..waaaat!!!

Last year I noticed that Microsoft had put at least five of my received emails directly to Spam, without being 100 % sure they were spam! In fact, these were all normal emails that I wanted. My question to Microsoft is: Why do you bother to play that random game with ordinary people's important messages?

This is ridiculous. I spend more time deleting junk mail out of my inbox. I've had hotmail/outlook email for almost 15 years and I've never thought about changing until now! Fix this please!

The new ?Create rule? options are aweful! Why can we do bundle rules like before?! Please consider exporting importing options so that we can organize our rules! I'm done, I won't spent 3 hours trying to reorganice my rules.

• Bill Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about making a rules filter that WORKS...???
    I am constantly digging messages out of my Junk Mail folder for which I have created rules over and over that specify these message should go to my inbox. No soon do I do this but I find messages in Junk Mail that should not be there. WTF...???

• Tolabur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What review list??? You havent reviewed anything since this started. All you have done is upset millions of people. You list the number of complaints you have alongside the subject.. This is a whole bunch of fiction. Are you expecting all of us to believe this??? Its rubbish all you guys are doing is lying and trying to cover your own ***** from the eventual fallout.Bunch of total tossers who just cannot admit that they got it wrong and big time

I had a large number of "rules", and now they have all disappeard.
    Why did you break just about everything for no purpose?

• Elwin Vinay Lobo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rules don't work after the update. I deleted my old rules and created new ones as I thought the issue was with the old rules.. But even after creating new rules, emails get delivered to my Junk Email folder..

• talaral@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also annoyed at having to "click here" to determine if an email is Junk or not! Users should be able to determine from the name of the Sender whether or not to open the email!

• Søren Tygesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The rule system has not been working for two years.
    The problem is, when Microsoft SmartScreen marks a mail as spam/junk it sends it to the Junk folder. But when SmartScreen has marked it, you can't do anything to the mail with the rules.
    This has been pointed out for 2 years, but Microsoft ignores it.

• richard collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please make junk rules already created in the old outlook.com work in the new outlook.com, so that I don't have to enter over 250 junk rules again. This is kinda obvious, yes? Thanks.

I am not impressed with this service at all everyday I get junk mail. How's it getting through. Sort it out so angry all I do is delete junk junk junk .

Improve your service to stop junk mail geting through .everyday I delete at least 10 junk mail. How is it getting through .I'm considering opening another account cant cope with all this junk junk junk

Bit disappointed that I didn't get an email advising that my account was migrated. Even more disappointed that a large number of my rules had been deleted as well.

← Previous 1 3

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base