OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

My account recovery

Yes I’m trying to recover my account which is almost 6 years old and I don’t remember the email adresses or subjects of emails and I’m trying to give the basic details so what should I do now?

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Arnaud Boulay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft team,

I am sorry to tell you that your recovery system is very bad user experience.
    I have made so many attempts to recover my Outlook email account for the past 3 years that I have been forced to migrate to Gmail! No choice.

I am totally stuck. I have been trying to convince a robot that I am the legitimate owner of this email account simply because my phone number has changed 4 years ago. Microsoft has reinforced its security system in the meantime but did not anticipate all the potential loopholes.
    The only option left to me is nothing other than a guess work. Microsoft recovery system requires people to guess who sent them an email and you need to know accurately what was the subject of this email! Sorry but I am afraid it is not a good idea.

I have to reinstall Microsoft Office and don't know how to manage it as I am unable to connect to any Microsoft service!

You will agree that nobody has managed to connect to my account for more than 3 years so it might be due to the fact that I am unable to make it!

Can I talk to a human or can you please help solve this problem? Get help from Outlook does not solve anything! It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Arnaud

Outlook.com: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base