OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

New feedback from Outlook.com

Hi, please advise, why my profile changes its status by itself? From invisible to available?
(
Yestarday it was invisible and now i am on- and it is available (and i changed it again to invisible already)

Kind regards
Marta Cwojdzinska

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MartaCwojdzinska@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anthony G. Stevens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What in the **** is going on, I just logged on & watched as my account was changed from "invisible" to "available", WITHOUT me doing anything. **** you Microsoft, LEAVE IT ON "invisible". STOP ******* with MY SETTINGS.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

microsoft account: "invisible" keeps reverting to "available".
    sometimes no button for changing status.

domains will not block. e.g. "fromdeals.info" as shown in message source/from:.

• ribeiro.com@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As you, at Outlook, always switch back my configuration in "My Account" from "Invisible" to "Available," wouldn't it be more practical, and less tiring for all of us, to scrap all together the configuration option?

While Gmail offers several options that are useful and have immediate effect, Outlook sticks to its stubborn model, disregarding most of user's preferences.

• Calvin Chavis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed numerous times that the status shows as available in Outlook Mail when I changed it to invisible. I didn't change it to available.

• mel bava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does microsoft ever read feedback or suggestions? When you google for how to stop the status from being changed from invisible to available there are literally 1000s of people asking the same question! I am sick and tired of having to change my availability literally every time I go to another tab and then come back and find my status has been changed by some ****** tech from invisible to available. This is an invasion of my privacy. PLEASE SORT IT OUT! I am sick of leaving feedback AND suggestions asking you to sort this out, as I'm sure the 1000s of people who have asked you to do the same thing are.

• mel bava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same feedback I always leave about constantly having to put myself to invisible when it is reset to available. Please please install an option to make it ALWAYS whatever the persons choice is?

microsoft account: "invisible" keeps reverting to "available".
    sometimes no button for changing status.

one drive will not delete files.

no outlook app menu.

re: status by name.

please stop updating status.
    keep as i set it.
    default to "invisible."
    stop updating me back to "available.'

• hazelrose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to change my availability to invisible permanently. I'm very annoyed that it keeps changing back to available.

• lunaroquera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why when I click on being profile status to be invisible...it goes back in a few seconds to available?

• Analystmichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot get my available status to stay on invisible. It changes to invisible and then immediately changes back to available and then wont respond to any change attempt.

How come ?????

hello.
    please fix the fact that page refresh, along with other random times,
    changes "invisible" status to "available.'
    PLEASE
    PLEASE
    PLEASE
    FIX

• chrispil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I REALLY DON'T LIKE YOUR SETTING MY PROFILE TO ALWAYS AVAILABLE !!
    IF I CHANGE IT TO INVISIBLE YOU DECIDE IT MUST BE AVAILABLE

DON'T LIE TO ME !! THERE IS NO CONNECTION WITH SKYPE HERE !!

DON'T INTERVENE -- RESPECT THE CHOICE OF THE USER !!
    STOP DECIDING IN PLACE OF USER !!!

????? IS THIS SOOOOO DIFFICULT ??????

KEEP IT SIMPLE !!!!!!!

• Matt Duong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add feature to disable messenger on outlook email page. Invisible keeps resetting to available. People have requested this since 2012.

The option in Outlook to make me, "Invisible" is defaulting back to, "Available" after I sign out. Please fix. Right now I have it set to, "Do Not Disturb".

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use web based hotmail (I suppose that is called outlook now) and my status keeps changing from invisible to available. Please fix this bug immediately. It is a gross invasion of my privacy due to lazy and nosy design. Microsoft has become the most annoying tech company by constantly connecting programs (such as outlook, hotmail, messenger, Skype, etc) without providing its users a choice. I dumped windows long time ago, it maybe time to dump hotmail, the last application of Microsoft in use in my home. When will you start listening to your users?

• K Shimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is annoying for my "status" to keep reappearing as "available." I keep changing it to "invisible" but it keeps going back to "available."

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base