OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Option to switch between the new beta and the previous version

New version that was rolled out during September 2018 is way slower than the previous one and it also lacks basic functions we were used to, like for example the option to massively Move all Emails from a recipient elsewhere ( it was under Move To > Move all email from )

I am unable to even locate how to turn off Favorites in the upper left or move to the bottom.

You had a simple button switching between the new and old version and it now gone, we need that so we may choose what version suits us best.

For me as a paid Outlook Premium subscriber it is partially incomprehensible why such an option is missing

168 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jcm.45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I consistently tried the beta, and NEVER liked it, always switching back.
    Then they migrated Everyone to Beta..... Why let people try if you are going to switch automatically?? I agree with the person who submitted this complaint wholeheartedly

• manon.boerma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have back the BETA version of hotmail.com. Is that possible. The new version does not work since it is has been adopted yesterday by you and without my approval....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want suggestions about how to use, or rectify problems with outlook.com beta, I simply want to return to the previous version NOW.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I Did Not Do the Stupid "Try" Absolute Complete Failure. BETA: Bad Experience Trouble Ahead! I got BETA a Nightmare@onemicrosoftway!I have Posted in Commuity about everyday since 3-23-18 about BETA Disaster.
    I send 5-20 Garbage emails I get to Microsoft every day with ViewSource. I use Down Arrow when the Garbage email is shown to the Right of the InBox. BETA is/has the Plague!

• Martin Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major problem, because there are bugs in the beta version, for example:

Categories do not display
    View source is not available

Ma boîte mail est passee en version bêta mais j ai horreur de ça donc souhaiterais repasser en version classique. Comment puis je faire tout en sachant que le petit bouton en haut à droite pour basculer en bêta ou en classique n existe pas ???
    Aidez moi svp
    C important j en ai besoin pour le boulot

I used to have the "Try the Beta" toggle switch which I must have hit accidentally. Mail view totally changed and I want the old view back. Please restore the toggle switch so I can do this.

• jcm.45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I say this because twice I have elected to TRY beta and after just a short time, I turned it off and went back. Microsoft consistently has changed things with other programs or services, especially their operating systems, and while they certainly made improvements, they also abandoned features that people liked and were used to, i.e. Windows 7 is much better and easier to use than 10 and of course we all know that 8 and 8.1 were disasters. But of course, these older systems are systematically retired. That is an economic feature, but Outlook (hotmail - live) aren't so motivated. So, I don't even like the multiple inboxes that you have already introduced. Two levels of importance, and you decide? Plus junk mail . Any way, I know that Beta is probably well liked by some, but I am not one of them.

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base