OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

New feedback from Outlook.com

Why are such ridiculous domain addresses even allowed on the hotmail server? - examples:

vv0tqe1sfi4ydghm0cow.coffeeaddiclife.com
ew2xwh3wkqpub1stv674.coffeeaddiclife.com
qrxyf1ert5muh7m6yfwt.coffeeaddiclife.com
qfig0rowx4ct1lbsj4tu.coffeeaddiclife.com

I can block the domain as vv0tqe1sfi4ydghm0cow.coffeeaddiclife.com - why not coffeeaddiclife.com to catch all these ridiculous domains?

Thanks! - Don Loeffler

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    don_loeffler@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  AdminMicrosoft Outlook (Admin, Outlook.com) responded  · 

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Erik Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Digital Ocean, Namecheap, FTC Spam Reporting Email / Government of Canada Spam Report Email,
        CC’d: Navdeep Bains (ISED Minister), Jarland Donnel & Digital Ocean’s Network Operations Centre,

Digital Ocean is a cloud hosting provider allowing anyone to sign up for a cloud server to run legitimate websites, servers, and other cloud-based systems.
        Unfortunately, the amount of illegitimate spam that myself (and other users) have been receiving has tripled from around 5 emails per day to 15 or even 20 per day.
        The most recent 35 emails all follow a similar format, and claim to come from sharedentco.com, with references to coffeeaddiclife.com & sender IP’s belonging to Digital Ocean.
        While domain registrars (such as Namecheap) can’t be expected to be held accountable for the traffic passed through a domain, they can indeed nullroute a domain flagged for abuse.

These emails have been ongoing for over 6 months now, and need to be stopped at the source, but neither Digital Ocean nor domain registrars have fixed the root of the problem.
        I made Digital Ocean aware of the emails in violation of the CANSPAM Act almost 2 months ago in October. Others have reported this on Microsoft’s Outlook.com UserVoice site as well.
        As an IT consultant, I understand that we cannot prevent 100% of spam; however, when my emails’ Junk folder consists of 90% or more junk from a single source, we have a problem.
        https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/when-will-digital-ocean-actually-prevent-abuse-via-spam-email
        https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/284136-outlook-com/suggestions/35127562-new-feedback-from-outlook-com

While Digital Ocean’s engineers certainly have been working day & night to analyze reports of spam emails, it’s not enough as 3 more servers appear for every 1 they shut down.
        The immediate solution would be to verify the identity of every user signing up for any cloud hosted server by way of government ID to prosecute those running servers sending spam.
        A longer term solution would be to implement strict monitoring of any suspicious network traffic before it leaves a cloud hosting providers’ internal network so it can be prevented.

Takeaways / Action Items:
        Please advise of any short-term solutions providing an immediate stoppage (or prevention) of spam emails from cloud hosting providers, along with a timeline to implement such solutions.
        Also provide long-term plans by way of a whitepaper or other technical document outlining the mechanisms & processes currently in-place vs. the planned improvements to come.

To be clear, I’m not trying to rag only on Digital Ocean – any cloud hosting provider susceptible & liable for the legality of the data their servers process.
        However, I’m also not going to sit by idly while nothing is being done to resolve the root of the problem either. (Band-aids don’t mend broken bones.)
        I am more than happy to help by reporting spam & working with cloud service providers to develop a solution to our ever-growing spam email problem.

Sincerely,
        Erik Wright
        Web Designer & IT Consultant
        (And self-proclaimed Consumer Advocate for Internet Safety & Security across Canada)

• Carlo Scarpa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We might have some progress, but I'm not convinced this will fix it.

Hello,

We have double-checked the status and confirm that the domain coffeeaddiclife.com is on Hold and locked.

Let us emphasize that the address 128.199.82.14 is not related to Namecheap, therefore we would like to recommend that you report such issue to the company which owns this IP-address.

Thank you for understanding.

------------------------
        Regards,
        Valeriy Khajitov
        Legal & Abuse Department
        Namecheap, Inc.

IN FACT, MICROSOFT SHOULD INVESTIGATE WHY A .GOV hosted domain is infected and utilized.

One example is below.

Received: from iutinc.gov (165.227.141.60) by

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now we're back to bcnvalencia.tech. Just blacklist Digital River's IP addresses until they prove this client has been revoked, no reputable companies are using these trash servers and we don't want their phishing emails.

They just keep changing the domain so contact the FTC. Report Digital Ocean not doing anything about this as they ate ALL HOSTED BY DIGITAL OCEAN.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to my previous post.
        It took a week but I'm now on my fourth successive day of no emails from nataliaspace.com

• EchelonOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like the new scams are artcaslte.club and for a long time noe redboca.com Anybody else getting alot of spam from these idiots???

• migal00@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I escalated EXACTLY this @coffeeaddiclife.com, & @nataliaspace.com over 2 months ago and for weeks I've been meticously documenting, extracting info, providing to MS Outlook Support, and for months, they continue to aplogoise & "offer" non-working "solutions".
        I've been asking MS Outlook to block the domain as their "filtering" of ip of ip is not working & reporting as [Phishing] by using their [Mark as phishing] is not working (clearly), the emails increase rather than decrease. in the last week alone, I have escalated 107 emails from @coffeeaddiclife.com & nataliaspace.com.

Additionally, MS advise: 'post to [https://outlook.uservoice.com/forums/*] & then MS Tech Support will "determine" if enough MS Customers have raised the issue they will implement a change..."

EXCEPT, IOE is FULL of reports about @coffeeaddiclife.com & nataliaspace.com, as is OLUV.

I'm beginning to think, every time I mark an email as [phishing scam] some MS grub is using the reported details & or passing them on to the scammers.....

I spoke to someone from MS and they said that when you block a domain, it doesn't stop it from sending you emails, it just merely send the emails to the junk folder. My question is then, why is the block option only available for emails in the junk folder? The function seems completely useless if I am sending junk emails to the junk folder. Block means I do not want to receive these emails. Period. And now I am getting 30+ emails a day from nataliaspace and this has been going on for weeks and MS has done NOTHING.

• Tartan Lady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

driving me doolally all the spam from these and outlook no good you giving us a useless link as we do block them but your all allowing such **** through

Yet another one again!!!!, nataliaspace.com, I guess Outlook is doing nothing about this sh*t!!!!, clearly a scam domain, same f**ckin emails different domain....

Kerry,

Namecheap is a registrar. They won't do anything. The wed hosting provider is DigitalOcean but they refuse to help at all, so the best people to contact are the FTC immediately !!!

• kerry wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know yet if this will help..but both domains were sold by and controlled by...namecheap.com
        they have an abuse email address..maybe if everyone would email them they may help..or not...or help like msn

Abuse Contact Email:
        abuse@namecheap.com

YES MATT !!!!

CONTACT FTC !!!!

WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER TO GET DIGITAL OCEAN SHUT DOWN !!!!!

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our favourite spammer Coffeeaddiclife is now using nataliaspace.com to send exactly the same junk via Digital Ocean's servers.

• perramr@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m sick of receiving junk emails from @coffeeaddiclife.com, I try and block them but they still keep coming. Can Outlook do something?

Richard !!!!

GOOD MAN !!!! That's exactly what I did, but take it a step further. Report that the hosting provider (DigitalOcean) needs to take action of shut them down FOREVER !!!!
        The servers and IP addresses are ALL hosted by them, so either Microsoft does their part, or the government will through contacting the FTC.

https://www.whois.com/whois/coffeeaddiclife.com best thing is spam the spammer get back at him for his actions. his information is listed in the link above he is in Addis Ababa no surprise there, and also the cheap domain folks who must shut him down
        DO NOT count on microsoft they suck and this is the reason I am shutting down my hotmail account
        Bye Bye Microsoft you fail!

← Previous 1

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base