(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RANDYSCHMIDT74@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not like on Mail verify Team, when I s nd a Mail to the other people it should be my email I’d not with verify team . So I would be glade to have my name instead verify team .
        Thanks lot

100% agree! This is ridiculous to have ads in the inbox posing as an email. Extortion, blackmail come to mind. I read that you have to upgrade to outlook plus to get rid of it. That is never going to happen, not for that reason.

I want Microsoft/Outlook to stop sending me advertising e-mails. It is intrusive and violates my privacy. I can put up with adverts in the side bar BUT I will not tolerate these e-mails.

I complained to Support about this yesterday:

Why am I now getting Advertising e-mails on my Outlook accounts? I don´t want them, I am not interested in them and I want you to stop them immediatley!

I got this reply:

Hi Finn,

I understand that these ads can be a bit distracting to you. However, please be informed that same with other free email service provider, those ads that you are seeing greatly help us in ensuring that Outlook.com email service is at no cost to our users.

These ads normally show on a small portion at the right side of the webpage. And currently, these ads had been moved to your Inbox as well and depending on your feedbacks it will then again change in the future until our customers find it non-intrusive.

After investigating this issue thoroughly with our research team, we have found out that these advertisements can appear for all the Microsoft accounts from now onwards. We just need to click on "X" to remove it. But no worries, these advertisements are not going to compromise the security of any accounts.

If you’d like to completely remove these ads, you may want to consider subscribing to Outlook.com premium. But please take note that this is only optional. You may visit this link to learn more about this. https://blogs.office.com/en-us/2017/10/30/premium-outlook-com-features-now-available-to-office-365-subscribers/?eu=true.

If you have any feedback, ideas or suggestions about these ads, feel free to share it to us by going to https://outlook.uservoice.com. We will appreciate all pieces of information to further improve our services to our valued customers.

Thank you for your patience and I’m hoping for your kind understanding on this matter.

Regards,
        Lichner D. – Outlook.com Support

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Microsoft
        I find your new method of 'inline' advertising, which mimics an email in my inbox, VERY MISLEADING, intrusive and cunning - please abolish it. Advertisements have recently started to pop INTO my Microsoft mailbox ..... The ads VERY DECEIVINGLY disguise themselves as messages in my inbox, and I cannot unsubscribe. PLEASE BAN this method of advertising...... ads in the side panel can be dealt with as I can distinguish them easily, but PLEASE please please keep ads OUT OF MY INBOX. You give me full control over all other promotional emails with 'unsubscribe' or 'block' option, but then you sneak this one in that cannot be blocked or unsubscribed from. VERY pesky, MISLEADING appearance and intrusive.

• candk sandham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the ads put in my other folder! Please discontinue this, it is not a pleasant option!!!

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base