OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Get rid of that goddam CONVERSATION HISTORY in Outlook. I don't use conversations. Make it optional.

Get rid of that goddam CONVERSATION HISTORY in Outlook. I don't use conversations and I suspect a lot of other Outlook users don't use it. Why do you nerds insist on making everyone in your image? Make the **** thing optional.

1,575 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Old Redneck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

180 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of conversation history mailbox, it is cluttering my space, plus there is an second outbox, also empty and not needed. May need to find another email carrier. Stop trying to improve things that don’t make any sense. Thank you

• Tanisha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know I am not the only one that would like this pointless folder to be removed as it interferes with the structure of my other folders. I use this for work so I see it everyday.

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a means of removing/hiding/deleting the completely unnecessary folders "Conversation History and Archive".

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove 'Conversation History' folder. I, nor anybody I know, have/has any use for it.

Please allow us to delete it, or at least hide, move or rename it. It just drives me up the wall. There is simply no need to enforce this silly folder upon us.

Please enable us to delete Conversation History folder. I create my own folders as needed.

• blaikiedaf@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having "Conversation History" & "RSS Seeds" right "UP FRONT" and "IN YOUR FACE" --- is the problem many people have.
    --- These are folders that many people, including me, will never want or need.
    I hope Outlook Designers will consider making these FOLDERS ---
    ------- DELETE-ABLE, or at least, MOVE-ABLE: MOVE-ABLE, so they can be permanently moved "OUT OF SIGHT".

Having "Conversation History" & "RSS Seeds" right "UP FRONT" and "IN YOUR FACE" --- is the problem many people have.
    --- These are folders that many people, including me, will never want or need.
    I hope Outlook Designers will consider making these FOLDERS ---
    -- DELETE-ABLE, or at least, MOVE-ABLE: MOVE-ABLE, so they can be permanently moved "OUT OF SIGHT".

Exactly: Having "Conversation History", RSS Seeds -- Right "UP FRONT" and "IN YOUR FACE" --- IS THE PROBLEM.
    ---- These are folders I believe many people will NEVER EVER WANT OR NEED --
    ------ This obviously requires that the MS OUTLOOK Software Designers seriously consider making these FOLDERS ---
    -------- DELETE-ABLE, or at least, MOVE-ABLE --
    ---------- MOVE-ABLE, so they can be premanently oved "OUT OF SIGHT".

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As usual with this request of removing unnecessary folders that no-one seems to use Admin, Outlook.com has offered no solution. The support link above is possibly an automated response used each time someone asks for the Conversation History and/or Archive folders to be deleted.

• Rob & Sandy Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now marked as "COMPLETED" ???????
    I'm afraid MS Outlook, ITS NOT.
    Instead of palming us off, just fix the problem.
    NOBODY wants the folder, so just get rid of it.....or give we users the ability to do so.

• Karrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too many problems with this “conversation history” folder. Let’s make it option yeah? I’ve seen way too many complaints about this and it’s been more of an issue than a convenience for most of us. Let’s put forth action to fix this issue!

• earl fourroux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with ALL of the below !!! People that work for you are supposed to be the 'best', a real bunch of 'gurus', so what morons keep coming up with this useless ****????

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base