OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

No Ability to Delete Unwanted Calendars on Outlook.com

The options list (under gear symbol) does not have a provision for deleting unwanted user created Outlook.com calendars. I can delete from Outlook 2016, but they keep coming back because I cannot delete from Outlook.com Calendar. Is there a hidden command? Or is it not possible. If not, please provide one!

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lloyd Loisel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • liquor.li commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Failed to delete a calendar

I cannot delete a calendar that I added before.
    Can you show me how to ?

• Phil Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I delete calendar from Outlook? and how do I revert back to proper Hotmail?

• jwojan@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I delete a calendar? I have a calendar that was created at some point that is duplicative and unnecessary but I can find no way through the UI or instructions in help on how to remove a calendar?

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have several "secondary' calendars on Outlook.com. I create a new one each week, and download it to my phone. I then try deleting the prior week's calendar. Sometimes I can delete the "old" calendar, others will not. When the calendar is not deleted, I get this error: "Couldn't open the calendar. The action couldn't be completed. The error code is -1".

I am trying to delete from my desktop computer.

I always use Firefox, that is the browser with which I have initially had this issue.

I tried clearing cache, cookies, all history, and browsing data. Still the same error.

I tried these other browsers:

Chrome

Microsoft Edge

Internet Explorer

Still the same error, although Chrome would not even open my calendar, yet it opened my mail.

I tried from my iPad, still the same error.

I tried from my iPhone, but the browser does not allow a delete option.

This reply from Ramon Imp @ Microsoft:

Hi Jim,
    Since the issue persists on different browsers and devices, we highly recommend that you submit your feedback to Outlook.com UserVoice. Entries posted here are being reviewed regularly by our software engineers and including them in product development discussions.
    Let us know if you have other questions.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base