OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

New feedback from Outlook.com

when right clicking on the "Deleted Items" folder change "Delete All" to empty trash. I have to click on "Deleted Items"...then right click and "Delete All"....just to make sure I am getting the correct folder.

682 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
thirdrich@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • martin evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had 7000 emails in my in box and decided to empty. Please insert an EMPTY facility as seen on the deleted files box. Make it safe by making the initial send to the delete box, then when absolutely certain we can empty the delete box as per usual. I had to do 7000 at just 15 emails each time.

regards

martin Evans

• Ferdinand Schinagl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Hotmail team,

There should be an "Empty the Trash" in hotmail.com when accessed via an iOS browser - this function should not have been removed.

If this is an attempt to lure (force) people into using the Outlook or Mail app, it is not appreciated.

Kind regards,
    FS

• Joe Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like you to add back the ability 'Empty' all 'Deleted Items' or allow us a way to delete more than 3 items at a time. Preferably to be able to delete all items at once.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the "empty capability back on the "delete folder"!!!!!

Also I prefer the junk mail leave my "mail box" when I delete it from the folder. I do not like finding them again in the delete folder.

Thanks. Jane R

• warrenlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Empty Folder" option is only available when there's only one item in the "Deleted Items" folder. It'd be nice to have this option available regardless of items to be deleted. It helps to clean up quickly.

• cybersequel@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make it so that I can delete all of the email in the Deleted items box with one click. It takes so long when I can only delete 5 or 6 at a time

• Larry Gilman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a way to empty the "Deleted Items" folder. Since there is a way to restore deleted email, that base is covered. NOW we need a way to remove the deleted Items.

I would like to delete all trash entries by using one check box, not checking all.

• jasmasutra@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comment about your new interface for the junk mail box - there used to be one button at the top for 'Empty Trash' and now you have to click a box beside the Junk Email title, then press delete....but clicking that box doesn't select 'all' the files, just the ones visible in the window, so this process must be repeated until all the files are gone several times. You've just turned a one click process into a multiple step process? Why, I ask?

empty deleted items folder!!!
    do u intend to keep the deleted items ad nauseum?

• hurstshelia@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability to DELETE all the items in the "Deleted Items" folder without having to select one a time.

Ideally all anyone should have to do is put a checkmark next to the "Delete Items" check box and select "Delete" and the whole folder would be emptied/trashed.

Now when I put a checkmark in the "Deleted Items" box I have to select "Delete," and a box comes up asking if I want to delete the items selected. That in is's self would be ok but it only deletes the first item checked.

I have to go through this process for each item I want to delete t!!!. (i.e. if I have 100 items in my deleted folder I have to push 300 buttons to empty this file. I believe this to be excessive and wasteful.

Now, can I please have the old version of "Outlook" back?

Shelia

It would be nice to have the "empty" option back so that my trash isn't full of junk mail in case I need to retrieve something

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base