OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

I would much prefer to have the ability to permantly DELETE default folders in Outlook email. ie: Conversation History, RSS FEED and Schedu

1,362 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Judy Terryn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

143 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us to delete it, or at least hide, move or rename it. It just drives me up the wall. There is simply no need to enforce this silly folder upon us.

Please enable us to delete Conversation History folder. I create my own folders as needed.

• blaikiedaf@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having "Conversation History" & "RSS Seeds" right "UP FRONT" and "IN YOUR FACE" --- is the problem many people have.
        --- These are folders that many people, including me, will never want or need.
        I hope Outlook Designers will consider making these FOLDERS ---
        ------- DELETE-ABLE, or at least, MOVE-ABLE: MOVE-ABLE, so they can be permanently moved "OUT OF SIGHT".

Having "Conversation History" & "RSS Seeds" right "UP FRONT" and "IN YOUR FACE" --- is the problem many people have.
        --- These are folders that many people, including me, will never want or need.
        I hope Outlook Designers will consider making these FOLDERS ---
        -- DELETE-ABLE, or at least, MOVE-ABLE: MOVE-ABLE, so they can be permanently moved "OUT OF SIGHT".

Exactly: Having "Conversation History", RSS Seeds -- Right "UP FRONT" and "IN YOUR FACE" --- IS THE PROBLEM.
        ---- These are folders I believe many people will NEVER EVER WANT OR NEED --
        ------ This obviously requires that the MS OUTLOOK Software Designers seriously consider making these FOLDERS ---
        -------- DELETE-ABLE, or at least, MOVE-ABLE --
        ---------- MOVE-ABLE, so they can be premanently oved "OUT OF SIGHT".

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As usual with this request of removing unnecessary folders that no-one seems to use Admin, Outlook.com has offered no solution. The support link above is possibly an automated response used each time someone asks for the Conversation History and/or Archive folders to be deleted.

• Rob & Sandy Patterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is now marked as "COMPLETED" ???????
        I'm afraid MS Outlook, ITS NOT.
        Instead of palming us off, just fix the problem.
        NOBODY wants the folder, so just get rid of it.....or give we users the ability to do so.

• Karrina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too many problems with this “conversation history” folder. Let’s make it option yeah? I’ve seen way too many complaints about this and it’s been more of an issue than a convenience for most of us. Let’s put forth action to fix this issue!

• earl fourroux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with ALL of the below !!! People that work for you are supposed to be the 'best', a real bunch of 'gurus', so what morons keep coming up with this useless ****????

Over the years Outlook created many system folders, which cannot be removed and take extra space. Of course we need an Inbox, Sent, Deleted, Drafts and maybe Junk. But I never used Archive, Conversation history, Search Folders, Groups and I would highly appreciate, if I could deactivate (or jut only hide) these folders.

• sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What moron decided 1. that adult human beings needed to have folders chosen for them, and 2. that they cannot be deleted.

Why do I have to have a 'conversation history' folder, that Icannot, rename, remove , delete etc even though I dont use it, or an archive folder. I understand setting them up as prompts but if I dont use it and it gets in the way, why do you insist that I must have it?!!?!

Why do I have to have folders in alphabetical order rather than arrange them as suits me?

I understand that no email platform is perfect, but this is just a case of giving users the choice to arrange there emails in folders and in order that they see fit, or to leave them as outlook suggests, but why not have the flexibility

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base