OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Multiple time slot support for meeting invites and selection and schedule of meeting based on response/selection

Often meetings that are organized between two different organizations are done so by two Points of Contact who have visibility into the Calendars of the anticipated attendees, each respectively for their organizations.
Often this requires an initial email thread which exists solely to identify an acceptable time between all attendees of the two (or multiple) entities. Of course support for multiple entities is much more complex and would need additional feedback loops and acceptance between 3 parties, so that is most likely out of scope for an initial implementation, and as such, I will reduce my description to a 2 party scenario.
In order to reduce the emails needed for scheduling as well as the additional need to then create an meeting invite when a time has been selected, I would propose supporting a meeting invite object which has the ability to hold multiple time slots and present the recipient with the ability to select an acceptable time slot. I believe it is in the best interest of most users for the system to send a confirmation email to the original meeting requester, similar to the "No action is needed" email you get for meeting updates. The event is added to both parties calendars upon the selection of time slot. Additionally the meeting invite should be able to hold potential attendees (these would be the attendees for which the requester has availability visibility). These attendees would receive no alert upon the original sending of the meeting invite (the meeting invite most likely needs a primary designation for the recipient's email address, and a lesser designation for the rest). These attendees would get the confirmation email upon selection of the timeslot. This would present accept/decline meeting invite for the selected timeslot. Accept/Declines would at minimum follow current process. Optimally, all responses regardless of email response sent should update attendance tracking for the meeting (but that is a different issue/ticket). Additionally, the recipient of the meeting request should be able to add attendees to the meeting invite prior to selection of a time slot (at least, prior to submission, selection or not). These will most likely be attendees for which they have availability visibility. These additional attendees would also get an Accept/Decline meeting email.

Also, the text box on this submission form would be nice to have as expandable.

31 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google