OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

New feedback from Outlook.com

Fix your spam filters. Getting tired of having to sort my email every day from junk to inbox and inbox to junk. This is horrible for the end user.

222 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Todd Ishiguro shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suddenly getting a lot of junk mail in my inbox instead of junk folder. This hasn't happened before. Junk mail is usually filtered properly. And some of what I'm getting today looks different from the usual junk mail.

Why are you letting such blatant spammails go through? Why cant I just easily block any mails that fail all of dkim, dmarc, spf? this is garbage my dudes

• matt-wild@hotmail.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

Not sure what has changed but a lot of junk/spam seems to be bypassing your automated filters. I'm getting a lot more dodgy emails falling into my inbox, where previously they would have been picked up by the filters. I have been marking the items as junk but it's not making much difference.

Thanks

• scott orcutt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your email has become a total disgrace. I am now receiving 40-50 spam/scam emails a day. Some got to junk, some do not. Some emails I have rules setup for go to junk. Pathetic you are expected to pay $99 a year for "premium" service which I can almost guarantee would alleviate these issues. Time to get away from outlook and use my gmail. No issues like this there and it is FREE!

• briswei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What the heck is wrong with your spam filters, YET AGAIN??? SO much junk is making it into my inbox again from email addresses that aren't even legitimate.

• Kate Lacy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Folks at Hotmail
    You are the only web service I have that allows spam to be posted in my Inbox.
    Don't you think that's odd? Yahoo and gmail NEVER allow spam into the Inbox.
    I still remember the days when Hotmail was my first choice...

Kate Lacy

• briswei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spam/phishing email getting out of hand again and going into inbox. Need to work on that spam filter!

• paul.d.baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

STOP putting mail in my Junk Folder.

I continuously have to mark the same mail as Not Junk day - from the same sender I have previously marked Not Junk.

You need a way to disable Junk mail filtering COMPLETELY. There is no way to turn it off and your junk filter SUCKS, FAILS, and is GARBAGE. You continusly filter mail as junk that shouldn't be. I shouldn't need to add everyone that emails me to an approved list of emals. I need YOU to PROVIDE A WAY TO DISABLE JUNK FILTERING because YOUR JUNK FILTERING SUCKS BEYOND BELIEF.

• learaittila@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spambox

I have a problem that important e-mails go to the spambox. I made a new rule, moved the e-mails to inbox but after a few seconds they go back to spambox. These are copies of my messages to tori.fi, a market place. How can I get theses e-mails to my inbox? They used to go there before but now something has changed without me doing this change.

Bonjour,
    J'ai le même problème, depuis hier soir, j'ai reçu au moins plus de 250 mails spams. Il va falloir trouver une solution.
    C'est une adresse mail que j'ai depuis une quinzaine d'années, donc de nombreux problèmes vont être liés à la suppression de ce compte si je n'arrive pas à parvenir à régler le problème dans les plus brefs délais.

Same here! Past few days I’m getting all manner of **** and junk in my inbox now. FIX IT OR ITS GMAIL AHOY!

The exact same thing has happened to me for the past 3 days- thought I may have somehow clicked on something dodgy but seems as if it could be a wider problem across Hotmail. We need a response on this.

I have my filter settings set to Exclusive, yet over the past few days I have had nothing but spam emails coming into my inbox. Please can you stop this.

← Previous 1 3

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base