OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

The back button on my phone

The back button on phone shouldn't log me out of my account.

344 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mrs.guarnieri@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Site is laggy as ****. Everything delayed & if you press back button on phone instead of on the website it closes the entire tab lol. Garbage af. That's why Gmail ******** on you guys lol

Allow to use back navigation from browser to go to previous page instead of leaving outlook.com, this drives me mad !

This is why I don't use Outlook anymore.

That and the login page reloading every 12 seconds, and the spam mail.

Why does anyone use Outlook?

When signed in and looking at emails on iOS mobile, pressing the back button completely signs the user out. This is frustrating and not nessesary, instead change this so it takes the user back to the previous inbox they got the email from.

Also fix the issue where I have ghost mail. My inbox says I’ll have 7 emails in inbox, click inbox and nothing is there. Thanks guys.

• erik_k87@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about getting the back button to work in mobile outlook, after this many years
    Now when pressing back it reloads the entire outlook, or go back to a previous site, instead of just navigating back to the previous view

Mobile experience is MISERABLE. Get signed out every time I press the bacK button on my phone. Why god why. Just make it work like every other site and take me to my inbox instead of signing me out when I hit the back button from an email!

The navigation on the mobile web application breaks convention. Pressing back should take you to the previous page/view not the previous website. I shouldn't care whether Hotmail is a SPA.

The back button doesn't behave in the way I would expect. I appreciate now outlook is a single page app this is probably native browser behaviour i.e. simply respecting the URL, however particularly on mobile when you are "in" an email, my expectation is that pressing back will take me back to the list of emails not out of the app entirely. Cannot tell you even more how many times I (still) do that and I end up leaving the app when I didnt mean to (= very annoying)

When I view a message/email, when finished I instinctively press the back button on my phone to go back to messages/emails.
    For some reason, it thinks it's a good idea just to log me out, rather than go back to messages/emails.
    So back should = back, not close.

Can you put me back to the old outlook I can put pictures on my Mac from iPhone says no phone so can you put it back

• gordcorp@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Back button on my galaxy s7 backs me out of Hotmail instead of back to the inbox or out of the email I'm reading. Who would ever think that's a feature?

I hate what they've done with the back button. This is not an IPHONE cel, so don't treat us like that. Bring back the usefulness to the back arrow. I hate being kicked out of outlook every time I click on the back button....

← Previous 1 3

Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base