OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

New feedback from Outlook.com

I am receiving spam mail from my own email account, is there a way to rectify this?

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
stef_chalas25@hotmail.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I received spam email from my own hotmail account but disguised as something else. I've got two step verification and everything confused as to how this has happened? Please don't refer me to the manage my account article this is not useful for me.

Nothing causes a user to distrust an email system more than seeing their own email address masked onto an email showing them as the sender. It also opens up more possibilities for identity fraud.
    Microsoft and outlook must do something to ***** down on this masking. It is not responsible to allow it to continue.

I am getting spam email from my own email address I WANT IT TO STOP!!! NOW!!!

My email filter is set to 'exclusive'. Most of the time this works well. However, something occurred and I started to receive a flood of spam in my inbox. These are emails that if I move to junk and try to block, I see the message: block all from ___________*my email address*?. I (and others) need a way to be able to flag these spoofed emails as junk/spam and block them and stop them from getting past the 'exclusive' filter and into inboxes. It's infuriating!

How do i stop the emails that come to from supposedly my address but are actually spam?

How can I stop spam/phishing emails that appear to come to me from my own email address?

• sagardubey@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi team,

i need help with my email id. I am getting bombarded with useless emails from my own id. I read a few posts and found this post which is exactly the same issue
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/osecurity-osafe/receiving-spam-emails-from-my-own-email-id/2ec92828-4c7c-471f-b753-7c1d002e53fc?auth=1

Can you please advise who i can reach out to for help ?

regards,
    Sagar

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base