OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Improve the spam filter

Either give us the ability to turn it off, or at least improve learning from using the 'not junk' feature. Legitimate email is increasingly being incorrectly moved to the junk folder, even though the sender and their domain have been added to the address book or safe sender lists. Every day I must go in and mark about 99% of the 'junk' emails as 'not junk', and then the next day, they are back again. Australia has ONE postal provider, but Outlook treats their email notifications as spam, no matter what I do.

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Simone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

247 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t even have the option to filter anymore and my main box is getting hammered today with junk and it’s annoying.

It’s obvious which emails are and are not spam. This needs fixing big time

• James Burke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, look, more ******* spam getting through filters that very clearly have rules to block them.

FIX THE ******* INBOX SWEEP FILTERS SO THAT THEY ******* WORK !!!

Why do I keep getting loads of spam sent to my inbox all the time? It's really frustrating!

I have not upgraded to Premium yet. Will the block option from Junk senders work better in Premium. I delete and block tons of junk email everyday and I still get tons more. Why is the block option not working?

Would you please find a way to prevent unwanted junk messages ? Why does your block feature not work ? When it comes to unwanted junk messages, Hotmail has the lousiest record. Gmail has been successful for quite a while and now Yahoo has been very effective. Why don't you allocate resources to update software and prevent junk ?

• anamewithoutnumbers@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    there seems to be a massive uptick in spam/junk mail hitting my main inbox. usually Outlook is excellent at catching these mails, but in the last week or so it feels like the function simply isn't working.

• R W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why in the world is there no block button available for your inbox?
    Junk button yes but the block button is ridiculous to get to.
    Im getting the same junk mail in my inbox and would like to block it but cant

Fix the ******* inbox sweep rules. Spammers spam me through spam filters that don't work, so I spam you useless twats with abuse.

Do your ******* jobs right.

• Paul Montalbano Jr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the Junk drop down menu give options to block email from the individual or from the domain, and give an option to identify it as spam in addition to phishing.

******* sweep rules still not ******* working. ******* fix them. Or you get ******* spammed like this every ******* day that I get ******* spam emails through filters that clearly have rules to stop them.

• Peter Briercliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Junk email. Why do I receive emails where the sender leaves no address, so that when I seek to block such, this is impossible? These are clearly phishing scams and surely some filter exists to prevent them ever reaching anybody?

I want to delete spam in a bunch...can't at this point...comes to inbox...really bad...500 at a time...really mad

What on earth is wrong with your idiotic spam filters? I repeatedly find messages in junk from addresses I have communicated with frequently. I have had messages from addresses in my contact list get sent to junk. I just now found a message in junk that was a reply to a message I sent. How stupid is your program that it blocks replies? I have repeatedly marked all of these messages and identified them as "not junk". But your stupid program thinks it knows better, so they go right back to junk next time. These are not messages with suspicious looking addresses or subjects. i am frustrated beyond words with this. It is already bad enough that Outlook is by far the slowest mail server that I use. This filter problem makes it impossible.

• tc_taylor50 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear esteemed outlook engineers,

I will continue to mark some spam emails as phishing scams until you finally fix your filtering system. It's been over 10 days now and STILL I can only create 1 filter to automatically send spam email to my deleted items folder after that the system breaks down and won't allow me to create any new filters without "something went wrong" messages.

• pogue18@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be able to block on subject, my junk mail is too loaded and I am missing real email that ends up in it.

I am getting deluged with SPAM . They almost ALL cite my recovery email address from one of my two HOTMAIL accts. I consider this to be YOUR FAULT. You insisted I have a backup email and now the result is this.

PLEASE FIX the SPAM!!! It is the result of your policies.

• jgudorf@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my mobile phone I am able to select a message and then under Spam options select "Report DNS as spam" essentially everything after the @ sign.

Since the vast majority of the 100 or so junk emails I get per day (probably 98%) are from scam artists using recognizable subject lines or "names" this seems an easy way for the Outlook community to combat the flow of junk emails.

Make this available via the web version (or make the ability to do so easier to find - I can't find it). And increase the limit from 200 to unlimited as far as the ability to report these. I have already reached my limit of 200 after only finding out about it a few months ago.

Thanks, Jon

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base