OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Calendar invites should let you specify From address

If you have multiple aliases or connected accounts on your Outlook.com account, there is no way to send a Calendar invite out from those accounts. Currently the Primary account alias is always used, and the default From setting is ignored.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
RW shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Me commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. Very disappointed that calendar invitations can only use the primary account address. This is still the case now (27 Jun 2018). You should be able to set a default alias to use for sending Calendar invitations, and have the option to modify the send alias for individual appointments as/when you create them. Personally, I think it would be best if you could set the default send alias for calendar invitations independently of the one used for email. However, if that's too hard, then calendar invitations should just use the default send alias set for emails.
    By the way - this should work on all devices (Windows, IOS Outlook App, Android Outlook App and the Web Browser). Earlier, when I said "This is still the case now", I was trying to do it on an IOS device in the Outlook App.

• Ken Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a new Outlook Premium customer, I found this truly frustrating especially when you combine this with the limit on number of default alias changed you can make in a week.

When signing up for Premium the system forced me to change my default alias to an @outlook.com address (that's 1), and then after I setup the account I changed it to one of my email addresses to test (that's 2). When I got everything up and running with my domain I the system would not allow me to change my default alias to my custom domain. Support was no help and told me there was nothing they could do and that I would have to wait till next week! So, for a week I could not use the Outlook web interface to send calendar invites to my customers. All thanks the Microsoft not thinking this through.

• Howard Kaplan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

invitees do not trust an invite from a weird address with codes in it. this will have to change to the chosen alias address to be useful. This is done for email so should be doable for the calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've only been using Outlook.com for a few weeks and realised that responses to all my calendar invites go to my gobbledegook@outlook.com address not to the default connected email address. This means that acceptances cannot be recorded on my calendar, rendering the calendar pretty useless and my clients telling me that their messages are bouncing back.. Unless this is resolved quickly, I'll be reverting back to Google Calendar.

• Lunwen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes. this is important feature. other alias becomes quite meaningless as the recipient still needs to reply to your default outlook.com account.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This very issue is afflicting my usage of the service. It does not make sense why the from address for cal inivtes and cal invite replies doesn't follow the default send address setting.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base