OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Change default canledar name, more functions

1 Allow changing the name of default calendar.

2 the time shown in front of each clander event is so untidy, 12p, 1p, 1:30p, what is this? this is not clean, neat and tidy at all!!!

3 Layout and functions refer to Apple's clander, including drag and move a whole single event to another day. button position, symmetry, beautiful

4 introduce Chinese calendar

229 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bruceaus@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow name-changing of default calendar...for those using multiple accounts it is a necessity for clarity, and for myself it is a necessity for sanity. The "c" in calendar isn't capitalized and it's killing me...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur, I use Outlook for Mac 2019 and I can't imagine why you can't change the name of the calender. Please fix.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Control Issues.
    Some people just can't let go off trying to control others.

This limitation makes it impossible to work with multiple accounts across multiple devices.

I work across 4 email accounts and multiple calendars, having 3 of these calendars being called 'Calendar' rather than a unique name is very frustrating when appointments end up in the wrong accounts and inevitably they get shared with the wrong people, which at times ends up sharing confidential information

Agree. Sharing calendars is made difficult by not being able to change the default name.

Google lets me do this, why doesn't Microsoft? I'll be using Google Calendar until this gets fixed because at least they let me change the default name of my calendar

AGREE!! I have multiple accounts on client systems, and need to rename 'Calendar' for each to be able to differentiate them!

• Graham Plumb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Confining people to only vote 10 times and then not closing the file or adding this functionality means we cant leave our votes here until you take care of it... people may have voted for this but taken votes back to vote on another issue.

• KE Merrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would remove the confusion of multiple calendars with the same name when importing calendars from multiple sources.

• paxpatel@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When a user shares their calendar with me and sets permission to allow edit, it is currently NOT working in Oulook.com via any browser, or the Windows 10 Mail App (latest windows and store builds), or on Outlook 2016 desktop app.

Can you please investigate and fix, thanks

• Rita Chang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow us the option to change Hotmail Default Calendar Name. I noticed that this request had been requested by many others multiple times. The problem is that when we sync with iPhone, ipad, or any other mediums. All of their inherent default calendar is always called 'Calendar', exactly the same as the Hotmail/outlook calendar default name. Therefore, when we try to set up our hundreds or meeting calendar entries, we have no way of telling if we had set it correctly to our Hotmail/outlook calendar, which majority of the world I assume still using. This is a productivity, and business related important feedback request. Please help to expedite this update.

Please let us rename default calendar. When viewed several calendars in a mobile device, it makes it confusing that I find same name on different calendars.
    Please fix this for us!

• Joyce Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to change Calendar name. I don't think this is possible at the moment.

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base