OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Get rid of "Focused"

Focused inbox is not useful. Focused inbox has been putting too many items into the Other. Get rid of it!

3,076 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
TWCAZ@msn.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using outlook.com.

We have some good news! You can actually turn the Focused inbox feature off and on as you wish. To do so:
1. Go to settings in the top right corner of your screen. On the next screen,look in the left panel.
2.Scroll down until you see a heading titled Layout.
3.Listed under layout you should see an option for Focused Inbox.
After you’ve clicked on Focused Inbox you will be given the option to “sort messages into Focused and Other” or “Don’t sort messages”.
4.After selecting one of these options make sure to click the save button at the top of your screen then click options on the top left to return to your updated inbox.

If you are interested in learning more about our Focused inbox feature and how it works please refer to the following article.https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Focused-Inbox-for-Outlook-f445ad7f-02f4-4294-a82e-71d8964e3978?appver=OWC150

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum. We make sure to read all suggestions here and forward them to the appropriate teams.

All the best,
The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

16335 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m having a hard time delegating messages permanently, I can not get any new mail because of too many old messages

• Isaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do my "other" emails show up in my focused inbox. They show up at the very top and defeat the purpose.

• عمر المقحم commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welcome
    For sorting messages to focus and others
    I asked not to sort messages more than once, but it was back to sort messages again
    Tired of the frequent adjustment, please address this.

• sdecker123@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your email platform is HORRIBLE !!! the settings do not work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Junk goes into junk folders that are not Junk - Other tab is completely useless -
    it houses the Junk and the focus tab does not provide focus emails at all - its like I have to check 3 separate email boxes which is nuts..

Mail does not go into the proper boxes at all !!!

• kthw1357@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IN my opinion: I see something called "focused" email... which as I look over it and realize it does about nothing besides make things more complicated and clearly (and already has) move some of my IMPORTANT emails (without me ever asking for any of this to be done) to some "other" box... I can say, I think this focused email idea is one of the poorly RIDICULOUS ideas I've ever seen in my life.

• zsuzui@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Removed 'Focused' and 'Other' from inbox its possibly the most pointless thing I've ever seen - if its in my inbox i want to see it, if not it goes in spam. Pointless.

• mcbauman87@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your FOCUSED vs OTHER email option is very frustrating. I have a junk folder for emails I dont want in my inbox. I want to see all other emails in ONE place. I dont want to have to flip back and forth from FOCUSED and OTHER to try and find the email I need. MICROSOFT Has no business deciding what emails are important to me. Get your act together Microsoft. Your products are not user friendly, and have to much going on. Simplify things. Dont complicate them.

• Dave Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

those instructions are simply not valid for Outlook client on windows10.

seriously, how many Options can you have in an application? a complete joke.

• Gianni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove this feature !! It now defaults and creates lot of frustration.
    People want to decide what to do with their emails not a machine.
    We got used to live with Spam folder, that sometimes put there some good stuff..but ok it's useful..now we don't need another "filter".

• poopy Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you dont understand The focused inbox makes you look so so so so bad we are embarrassed for you. please remove it as it actually hides the **** emails you used adn puts all the garbage emails in teh focused lol its so so so bad.

• poopy Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you dont understand The focused inbox makes you look so so so so bad we are embarrassed for you. please remove it as it actually hides the **** emails you used and puts all the garbage emails in the focused lol its so so so bad.

• Bradfords IT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Terrible feature, who thought it would be a good idea to implement something that's so broken to being with?

• Mark Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I despise this focussed feature. And can't disable it via my mobile & no one at Outlook is helping me

• Mark Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why won't anyone respond to my question of how I turn off focussed emails via my iphone? I can't access a pc & need to find important emails asap There is no option of finding "left panel/layout"!!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 816 817

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base