OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Travelling

Please install a function whereby travellers can mention when and where they are going away to, in order to avoid getting locked out of their emails when they go away.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
anouk k shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Send mail to outlook to inform of travel plans to avoid being locked out!!! No gmail account does this as I’m always recovering my account from my wife’s gmail. Very frustrating when important emails are needed and being locked out can take a day plus depending on situation, having make another email address or wait for a friend to be able to recover a mail address!!

• Priya Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to notify if I am going to be using my email overseas while traveling so it doesn’t get blocked

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a way where you can notify outlook if you are traveling overseas so you don’t get locked out of your account every single time you are not in Australia. It is always assumed that your account is getting hacked and is super frustrating when you can’t access your emails overseas.

• Emma commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would definitely be helpful like some kind of list you can add a country to before you leave you home country but i don't think they will... i've expressed my concerns about this before even if i don't travel but they didn't change nothing, so all you can do is just print everything off before you leave home and pay bills in advance.

• Hunor Gyéresi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not a good ideea to share where you are, because thieves would know if you are at home or not, but this "unusual activity" thing when signing in is a problem too. I actually signed in in two mails to get an sms code for the other, where I go. another code to verify myself. But if I have two hotmail emails I would get the verifying codes unaccessible for both... So no mails abroad...

• Charlotte Linter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow users to inform which countries they are visiting and therefore stop their accounts being blocked as they enter those countries

• Brian Holden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I travel I can inform my bank so the cards work in a new ''strange'' location! When I sign in from a new location for my emails, its often a ''trip'' getting into hotmail. So why not create an automatic sign-in 'box' where planned, new location, use, of the account could be registered and thereby cut out this hassel? For example I will go to the USA this winter, my bank knows, the info is now 'out there' some how and my debit and credit card will work. Signing-in for emails! Could be a trip; where I will need to find another person with an active email to recieve a code in 24 hrs etc etc.
    NO! just let me tell some 'cleaver' site', my journey plans and duration and then no 'one', best of all ME will have a problem.

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base