OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Send response to calendar invite is mandatory

Do not allow anyone to NOT send a response when they accept/decline a calendar invitation. This would ensure the meeting organizer always receives either an Accept or a Decline notification.

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tracey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need ability to send meeting reminders through the calendar invite. Not via email using flags, etc.

I AGREE, THE SENDER CAN SET UP RULES TO ADDRESS THE RESPONCE ONCE IT RETURNS TO THEIR COMPUTER, NOT THE RECIPIENT.
    A RECIPIENT CAN RESPOND WITH TENTATIVE IF THEY ARE UNSURE. THERE IS NOT REASON THE RECIPEIENT CAN'T RESPOND

this request puts the meeting organizer in the position to receive a lot of potentially unwanted messages flooding the inbox. The choice to send a notification or not should always persist, but obviously we should redefine what "response" means, where a response to the attendance tracking of the meeting should be decoupled with an email confirmation. All selections of the meeting accept/decline/tentative should be tracked and update attendance tracking respectfully, which removes the need for the organizer to get email alerts, and address the issue, not the symptom.
    It is vastly more efficient for the process to leverage the presentation of the data that is passive, exists as an exhaustive list of the responses, and requires no additional burden on the meeting organizer.
    I dont know who you were Tracey, or what you were thinking, but I disagree with you wholeheartedly

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base