OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Editable Birthdays

We should be able to edit and/or delete individual entries on the birthday calendar.

From duplicate entries due to linking with other accounts (eg. LinkedIn), to acquaintances whose birthdays you don't want/need to know, to people whose age defaults to '100'... there are many reasons why the birthday calendar is much more nuisance than help. This could be fixed by allowing us to edit (eg. d/o/b so the correct age comes up) and delete (eg. relative strangers; duplicate entires).

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Heath Jeffrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please make this a thing. People get married. People die. You might actually know someone on more than one platform that's linked to your email. Outlook might super mess up and make duplicates of birthdays.

Please, make it so we can edit and delete birthdays.

• msummers@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to edit birthday information for contacts who had this information entered prior to the latest conversion/upgrade. This is very infuriating as the only way to update information is to delete the contact and enter a new contact with the updated birthday information. Please make it so that these contacts can be updated.

• Alicia Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE ALLOW USERS TO DELETE NAMES FROM BIRTHDAYS FUNCTION ON CALENDAR. I'VE SEARCHED THE INTERNET FOR WAYS TO DO THIS BUT FOUND ONLY OTHERS WHO ARE FRUSTRATED BY THE INABILITY TO DELETE NAMES/CONTACTS.

I ALSO WANT TO REMOVE NAMES FROM CONTACT LIST WHO ARE DECEASED AND FIND THAT IF THEY ARE PART OF ANOTHER CONTACT (I.E. A MARRIED COUPLE) I CAN'T DELETE THE DECEASED'S EMAIL FROM THE COUPLE'S CONTACT LISTING.

I started using outlook calendar for birthdays. On outlook.com I can see my "Birthday Calendar".. it won't open so I can view/change. I'm going to have to abandon outlook as I use Google's calendar on my Android phone.
    I sure wish there is a practical option ...where I don't have to guess and hack thru a rudimentary app
    Thx

Allow users to delete a contact's birthday from the contact info. I accidentally added a wrong date and I don't know what the actual date is, so I want to delte it.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base