OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Monthly calendar view

I frequently use a monthly view when I review my calendar. On the old "hotmail" calendar, if there was a day when I had more events than shown in the monthly view (more than the 2-3 rows allowable), I could click on the "3+more" or "4+more" button on the bottom of that day and it would expand the rows in the monthly calendar to view them. Now, on this new calendar, there is a "+3" or "+4" at the bottom of the day, but it does not expand the rows for that day/week. Thus, I can't get a good view of my monthly calendar at one time.

A detailed daily and weekly view does not give me the ability to see the flow of my month. Without the ability to expand to past more than 2-3 activities each day on the monthly calendar, I do not get to see my entire month's picture at once. I don't use the daily and weekly view - and the focus on those time frames makes this an un-useable calendar for me.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christina Bargas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that the calendar app is lacking. I too would like to be able to see a month view at times

• J S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have an idea for the Calendar. When displaying a "Month", I think I would generally find it far more convenient if I could see the two weeks prior and the two weeks following - rather than just the calendar month we are in. The current display gives me the same information on the first of the month, as on the thirty-first. This isn't always useful, since I want to see different information when looking at my calendar on these different days. If I can't see what I have planned for next week - or even for the weekend - because it's cutoff by the end of the month, I don't find the display particularly useful.
    Generally, I might want to check up on the date something happened last week, or the date I need to do something in the next week or two. An option to have your calendar-month view swapped to "2 weeks prior to 2 weeks ahead", would be extremely beneficial.
    Thanks!

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The OutlookAppCalender needs WORK! 1)You need to allow for a 'month' view. 2)You need to allow for MORE than one 'reminder' to be scheduled.

• Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Month view there should be at least an option to only show the days of ONE Month at a time. The current Month view is actually not a month view but rather a "Severel Weeks View" which I find confusing!
    So the Days of previeous months and following months should at least be greyed out! And the scroll weel should scrall through the months and not through the weeks (for example when STRING is pressed).

• Ashworth19@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both the wife and I hate the new calendar. You can not look at the week or month at one time. The +1 or +2 takes several minutes to figure out what is what and when. Can I go back to the old calendar. that was great for us.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base