OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Time Zone setting for Web Outlook Mail

Time Zone Settings for Web Outlook Mail:

When I use Web Outlook Mail for my emails and event schedules, there is no way to change the Time Zone of an event scheduled via email.

Looking for an update. Thank you.

23 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
YUNXIAO GUO shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shahnaaz Nazerali-Larsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Time zone in the Outlook app on iPhone takes the time zone you currently are in, even though time zone override is set on iPhone and another time zone is selected in outlook.com webmail. It would be nice to have same time zone as settings i.e. from outlook.com webmail.

• Eyal Melamed Cohen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow Jewish holidays in the calendar seem like two days and not one day. e.g. Fast of 17 Tamuz is seen on both July 10 and 11. Maybe it is connected to time zone - but it is annoying

• Nicholas Furgiuele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

REQUEST, display local time when showing appointments in another timezone.

Let's assume that I have an appointment in London at 12pm, but I am currently in Sydney. The appointment shows in my calendar as being 2am. This is very unhelpful.

I understand that this could be worked around by changing my outlook.com time zone.

This is impractical if I were in a meeting or ona phone call and required quick access to the information, perhaps to plan another appointment and not have a clash.

It would be nice to see an appintment listed either at the correct time, or at the very lease, with the destination timezone in brackets besides the appointment.

REQUEST, assign a different timezone to start and end of an appointment.

Let's assume that I am going on a flight that lands in another timezone. In competing products such as Google, I can select a different timezone for the start of the appointment (or takeoff) to the end of the appointment (or landing).

In other products I've found this feature useful for planning events around the landing time of a flight and would really like to see it's inclusion in outlook.com.

BUG, timezone selection is not available in calendar "Details" view unless you pop-out the editor.

I have an appointment to make in another timezone.

Despite using the "Details" view to create the appointment, the "Time zone" selector is invisible.
    In order to reveal the timezone selection box I needed to "Pop-out" the appointment editor into a separate browser window, which displays the "Time zone" selector by default.

After creating an appointment in a different timezone I needed to create another appointment. Again I found that the "Time Zone" selector was not visible until I pop out the editor.

In order to make the time zone selector visible in the "Detail" editor window without requiring a pop-out I needed to reload the Outlook.com web site in my main browser window. After this point the timezone selector was alwas visible.

• Rex Duncombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar:
    I live in Australia, time zone "Sydney" if I add an appointment for say 20th it add's to the 21st it always add's to the next day. Not a big problem but it happens. rexdun@outlook.com have a good day...

• Richard Buski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to enter calendar items in other time zones - for example, when booking appointments in other cities, if I book them while still at home in local time, they will make no sense timewise on my the calendar when I look at my phone when I'm in a different time zone.
    They used to have this feature in outlook.com but eliminated it.

• Susan Stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I live in the Pacific time zone and my email is time stamped for another time zone. I need to change that.

• bx.liu@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI Microsoft Dev team,

We really need timezone support for office.com. I would consider switching from gcal if this feature is implemented.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base