OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

tasks in outlook.com

Yesterday my Outlook.com site was upgraded.
Now, it's not possible anymore to add new tasks (or view tasks, in general). Please, add this feature again.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
luca.petrucci@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sripathy Rao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I love Tasks. I used it on web as well as my mobile.
    However, the web version is confusing when it comes to marking a task complete.
    There's a checkbox on the left. Clicking it simply selects the task (not complete it).
    [in fact, the "actual' completion button is /dangerously/ close to the delete button]

The mobile version does what's expected.

My suggestion is that you should consider adding a new gesture to select multiple tasks.
    In my mind, that operation is less frequent than marking a task complete by clicking the checkbox.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When in receipt of an email, you should be able to right click, create task from email. The new task generated then contains the contents of the email message, and you can sent times, dates and actions.

• davesangvt@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to add Tasks to the Outlook IOS app. Integrating tasks with email and calendar management makes good sense for Outlook on the web (OWA) and on the desktop - but we need that same functionality in IOS. I'm currently using Wunderlist for task management software which is available on IOS and as a browser add-in on Windows.

Thank you.

• Lawrence Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Outlook Tasks does not work. Neither repetitive tasks nor one time tasks work. Even after having granted remote access to your technician, it does not work. It is extremely annoying and perplexing that the Events Calendar works but the Tasks feature doesn't.

• Lawrence Green commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Tasks feature of Outlook Mail is poor. The tasks fail to repeat reliably, even when set by a Microsoft technician.

I wish that the Task page had more features. Being able to simply add dated entries to one list of tasks is not very comprehensive. There are programs that allow you to arrange tasks into folders, add priorities and categories to tasks, etc., and I would love if I could use the Tasks page of my outlook account to keep all my tasks. Additionally, it would be great if tasks with a date on them could be placed into the Outlook calendar. Integration of Tasks into Calendar would replace a great number of other apps and programs.

Task list interface like the desktop version. Easy to enter as a list, and the ability to see tasks and calendar together in one view.

• Peter Lichtenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to see my Tasks from Outlook.com and Office 365 Desktop Outlook 2016 in my Windows 10 Mobile Phone 950 XL.

tasks: totally useless. why would i want any6thing i ever flagged in the list of default view tasks?? i'll go back to using calendar for a half-assed solution to compensate.

• Bill Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Task needs to be added to all platforms and of course sync....I really like what you have done with Outlook but Gmail still has the lead

• Brett Prince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is all great, including tasks. One problem is where is all this for the windows phone 10. All I can find is Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar. Need Outlook tasks so it can be linked too.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

make outlook.com tasks available in Edge browser on windows 10 mobile. Defaults to mobile version of outlook.com that does not include tasks, with no option to switch to full version of site.

go back to better enabling Task management. it's completely missing in the Outlook app on Windows 10. It's hard to use on outlook.com

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base